WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8684 LEGO Minifigures Series 2

On a scale of 1 to 5   

231 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 2?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Which LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series do you like most?

• 8683 LEGO Collectable MInifigures Series 1
    • 8684 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2

Interesting new figures. Last series, there were figures I knew I definitely didn't want, but in Series Two, I want all of them.

I was somewhat lucky with the Series One figures in the United States, however from what I've heard, Lego is supposedly increasing the amount of figures distributed.

In the meantime, I'll patiently wait for Series Two.

1)The spicy Mexican

66.jpg

Anyone notice a resemblence?

photo-1823.png

:laugh: No but seriously, I'm loving these new collectibles! :thumbup:

Awesome review. The parts in this set are great indeed. I think that Series I is still my favorite though. I'm not really looking forward to these making their way to the states yet... collecting series I was far too time consuming and difficult. I don't want to repeat it again.

Thanks for the review White Fang! I like Series 2 better. I will hopefully get a small army of spartans when they reach the states. This time around, all of the minifigures have something useful for me, when in Series 1, the Diver and ninja were fairly useless.

Epic review WhiteFang! Thanks for doing all this work again to bring us such a wonderfully detailed look at series 2. :wub:

I too prefer series 2 over 1, this second wave seems much more exciting. While my favorite figure is easily the mexican, the other figs are fantastic as well. It's a shame that while the prints are very sharp and detailed, there is still that nasty gap on the legs. In any case, I'm very pleased with this line of minifigures.

Thanks again, WhiteFang!

I agree that Series 2 is the better one - the weightlifter, the Mexican, the DJ, the skier, the pop star, the lifeguard, the surfer... a bunch of great minifigs. And, let me add, you can't really appreciate how great these figs look until you see them in the fle... uh... plastic. Can't wait to see the first pics of Series 3! :laugh:

I also can imagine Batbrick could make great use of those mimes as the Joker's goons.

My thoughts exactly! If I'm not mistaken it also has the first printed arm design?

My thoughts exactly! If I'm not mistaken it also has the first printed arm design?

Yes, the mime's arms are white with black stripes.

Edited by L@go

Nope, there is a version of Boba Fett with printed arms and there is a blue star wars figure with printed arms. But yes printed arms are very rare!

there are already several place here that have them :oh:

Which Places already have them???? *oh2* I only saw that on the homepage of Kaufhof you get one Bag per Lego order!

Edited by Skalldyr

Thanks for the review, WhiteFang. The pictures are high-quality, they were funny, and I like how you compared series 1 to series 2. Nice job :thumbup:

I want a collectible minifigure! :angry: Too bad there aren't any Lego stores where I live *cough*CAPE COD*cough* :hmpf_bad: .

Edited by The Soup Nazi

It's quite simple, really... G.T. stands for "Great..." and something that begins with a "T."

I'm not really looking forward to these making their way to the states yet... collecting series I was far too time consuming and difficult. I don't want to repeat it again.

You mean with the terrible distribution, artificial scarcity, blind packaging, and the scalpers?? Those things aren't fun??!?!

Yeah, here in the U.S., it was pretty much the opposite of fun. If the mini-fig designs weren't so freaking awesome, I would just ignore the entire product line and save myself the aggravation!

Great review. Thank you.

I think series two looks AMAZING.

Now, with that said, I think I prefer series one, from an 'army building' standpoint.

Forestmen, Native Americans, Cowboys, Ninjas, Spacemen, Robots, Zombies, Cavemen, Cheerleaders, Nurses and even the 'Crash Test Dummy' are all worth snagging multiples and in most cases, MANY multiples. (I suppose you could add the 'diver' too, if you wanted a whole scuba team, or some such thing)

For most of series two though, I think that 'one of each' is enough for me...except for the Spartan, of course. :devil:

Thanks for the review Whitefang. I'm not too sure about series 2 myself. I like a few of them, but I love the cheerleader, zombie, skater and clown from series 1 a lot more.

My favourite figure from series 2 has to be the mime, I love that figure!

You mean with the terrible distribution, artificial scarcity, blind packaging, and the scalpers?? Those things aren't fun??!?!

Yeah, here in the U.S., it was pretty much the opposite of fun. If the mini-fig designs weren't so freaking awesome, I would just ignore the entire product line and save myself the aggravation!

Indeed, you are spot on. They've been spotted in the wild. Someone on Flickr just picked them up at a Toys R US in TX.... here we go again. Lets hope the "fun" aspects of series 1 are less "fun" this time around.

Very entertaining review Fangy. I really like all the pictures of the interactions with EB staff members.

Nice review! Very nice photos! They do the minifigs justice, which are amazing. We really get a lot for our 2 € here and just thinking about the possibilities for creating minifigs after having all the parts from this season, or from all 4 seasons, that makes me dizzy and happy!! Go on, TLC! We really receive more than what we asked for!

(Just the missing barcode system from next season, that is gonna make things more difficult and gonna burst the trade-minifigs-thread here in EB!!)

(Just the missing barcode system from next season, that is gonna make things more difficult and gonna burst the trade-minifigs-thread here in EB!!)

Does anybody know this for sure? I just wonder how TLG would distinguish between the different bags when packing the boxes. I'm sure that's some kind of automated procedure, and if TLG still wants each box to contain at least one of each different minifig, the machines need to know how to make that happen...

What i have from round 1:

1 Ninja

1 Nurse

1 Forestmen (Or Robin Hood)

1 indian

And what i have from round two (Buyed today)

1 Traffic cop

2 Jungle Explorers (Love this because of the working magnifier)

1 Weightlifter

Thats all, so i cant say wich is better, round 1 or 2? I guess they are both cool ones. I didnt get those round 1 figs because wasnt time to buy them :cry_sad: But i have time to buy Series 2 so i hope i get all of them in time. (Waiting series 3 already :tongue: )

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Great review. I'm surprised that an entire box contained a that even distribution of the figures.

I too liked Series 1 better before I got Series 2 in hand. Now, I think Series 2 is superior. Dracula is amazing, as is Surferdude and Spartan. But the real show-stopper is the Mexican.

Series 1, with Zombie, Space-Man, Robot, Ninja and Diver is still better to get multiples of, but Series 2 is just stronger in terms of details, painting and accessories.