Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Oh boy, that sounds like multiple sets that combine into one large one! Like Transformers or Power Ranger Zords!! omg omg omg *high pitched fangirl screams*. That would be cool.

Lance's Double-Lance Cruiser. I see LEGO's department of redundancy department has gotten a bigger budget, I see. Clay has a falcon-themed vehicle, so animal motifs as vehicles are confirmed. And the Combo Nexo Powers sound like some sort of blind bag thing like collectible minifigures.

OK, these names do give us a better idea of all this... but what on earth is Triple Rocker? Also, Lance's Double Lance Cruiser is a bit meta... Double Lance, two Lance's in the name... I dunno if that's official though.

OK, these names do give us a better idea of all this... but what on earth is Triple Rocker? Also, Lance's Double Lance Cruiser is a bit meta... Double Lance, two Lance's in the name... I dunno if that's official though.

A three headed rock monster? A double jouster? :shrug_oh_well:

Just to sum up the translated names from swisstoy

70362 Action Clay

70363 Action Macy

70364 Action Aaron

70365 Action Axl

70366 Action Lance

70347 Bike der königlichen Wache (Bike of the Royal Guard)

70348 Lances Doppellanzen-Cruiser (Lance's Double-Lance Cruiser)

70349 Ruinas Käfig-Roller (Ruina's Cage Roller)

70350 Triple-Rocker

70351 Clays Blaster-Falke (Clay's Blaster Falcon)

70372 Combo NEXO Kräfte (Serie 1) (Combo NEXO Forces Series 1)

Thanks to user The Cobra for the link

Thanks for the updated set names. Ruina's Cage Roller sounds interesting. Maybe it will be similar to a hamster wheel?

70372 is a newly discovered set, right? Just by the name alone it sounds like it will be the flagship of this wave.

Can't wait for pictures! :grin:

Series 1 sounds like it could be a blind bag/box item. Collect em all.

That's what I thought

Maybe they'll be like NK CMFs?

Edited by Robert8

Would be my guess, a bit like the old Bionicle mask packs.

That's what I was thinking. If that is the case, I'm already sort of dreading the comments about "They can make blind-bagged Nexo Powers and they couldn't give us mask packs?" (Never mind that Nexo Powers have a free game component, would be logistically easier to blind-package, and perhaps most importantly are being created in the second year of what seems to be a successful theme rather than either in the debut year of an untested theme or the second year of a theme that is failing to meet expectations).

I do wonder if Nexo Power blind bags would contain one power or multiple powers, and whether they might possibly include a fig or some other buildable content along with the powers themselves.

Edited by Lyichir

Nice to see some more definitive sounding set names. Not sure where people are getting the "animal motif" ideas from though. Only Clay's vehicle seems to have an animalistic- sounding name...?

I guess that Lance's vehicle is going to continue to carry on the "jousting" theme that they started with the mecha-horse. Based on amazingbricks' description of that model, I think it could be some sort of "jousting ship".

I subscribe to the "hamster wheel theory" for Ruina's vehicle.

As for "Combo NEXO Forces Series 1" I guess a blind bag range of some sort. With that name it couldn't possibly be an actual set, could it? Not sure where the "combo" part comes in. Maybe they are using "combo" as another word for Case Assortment. Or perhaps more than 1 "thing" comes in the blind bag so it becomes a combo...?

Also, the largest set (Jestro's Monster Vehicle, I believe they called it) is missing from the list.

I have seen pictures. Sets will be in light bluish/blue for the good characters, and light bluish/PURPLE for the enemy characters, who are rocky monsters. There are a lot of new molds for the minifigures, mostly the bad guys.

The ACTION figures are a like bionicles, but smaller and with heads of normal minifigures. Look horrible to me.

They will sell shields in small bags like minifigures, 5 shields per bag.

Overall, I like the theme.

Ruina is a monstruos woman with hair falling on her side, but prelim images cannot show exaclty how she will look like.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Oh god...

Actions are construction figures after all.....

Is Ruina a bigfig?

And the lava monsters won't be returning at all for the second wave? Not even the scurriers?

(Thanks for the info!)

Edited by Robert8

The ACTION figures are a like bionicles, but smaller and with heads of normal minifigures. Look horrible to me.

Sounds interesting! By "like bionicles", do you mean using the same building system? Or are they brick-built action figures like Sparkks and Burnzie? Either way I'm quite intrigued. I was experimenting with minifigure-headed buildable figures on LDD just yesterday trying to see how that could be done.

Shield blind bags are an interesting concept, though I hope the price is low, and I feel like demand would be limited by the fact that they're not really a complete, playable toy. :sceptic: I think the Ultimate sets were a better concept for making shields available in quantity, but maybe LEGO has a better grasp on what people are willing to buy than I do.

Still having a really hard time visualizing the bad guys. Purple rocks can work, Elves has showed us that, but it seems like a rather unintuitive step from this year's red, orange, black, and brown color palette for the magma monsters and their vehicles. Although maybe the new bad guys just look rocky but their actual unifying theme will be something else.

Light blue and purple rock monsters. Ehmmm...LEGO Pokemon license confirmed?

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously though, that sounds like a nice color scheme. I'm excited for Ruina, and I'm glad the Knights are more-or-less keeping their color scheme. It'll make it much easier to make MOCs. Since they're dropping the Ultimates in favor of collectible bags, I'm going to save some money there, which is nice, although I'd have loved more Ultimates. And we still have no clue about the Action versions.

So purple will be the color scheme for the bad guys huh?

Sounds interesting,still don't like the idea of rock monsters.

Glad to hear that we're getting more new molds.

I have seen pictures. Sets will be in light bluish/blue for the good characters, and light bluish/PURPLE for the enemy characters, who are rocky monsters. There are a lot of new molds for the minifigures, mostly the bad guys.

They will sell shields in small bags like minifigures, 5 shields per bag.

Overall, I like the theme.

Ruina is a monstruos woman with hair falling on her side, but prelim images cannot show exaclty how she will look like.

Thanks Itaria! Can you describe each set and the amount of figs included?

Based on the descriptions, they sound great. Purple is a creative color for rock monsters, can't wait to see how they turn out.

The Action sets are a bit dissapointing, but I don't think I would have been able to get them anyways.

Actually Dark Purple.

Ruina is not a bigfig. No bigfigs at all.

New Rock mini monsters.

Are those rockmonster using a new mold? Something like the scurriers? Or exactly like the scurriers?

The sets look absolutely amazing.

Here are some general facts:

There is so much azure, dark purple, grey and black.

Jestro is back as the villain, only this time he's been corrupted even more. He's blue and his outfit is purple and flamish-yellow. He is accompanied by an evil lightning cloud.

The monsters are rock monsters, but they're sooo awesome. They have purple helmets and weapons.

The Knights all get makeovers, with new armor, trans visors, and new prints.

There's a new piece that's like the lightning bolt piece but cut in half and with a bar on the end

New piece that looks like a small, flat blade.

The theme this time around is 'COMBINE YOUR POWER!'

70347 - Similar to the Knighton Battle Blaster but the wheels are smooth and it's a stud shooter in front. Soldier and a rock villain (purple gargoyle-like headpiece) with a scythe

70348 - A small wheeled vehicle with two lances in front. I think it's called the Dual Jouster? The villain has an awesome, new swirly leg piece similar to the ghost legs. Lancebot and Lance included.

70349 - This looks like a weird chariot. The front is meant to look like a beast with claws. The back is a cage with someone inside, with an upside-down corrupted shield above. Ruina has light blue Bellatrix hair (!) and a scythe. Aaron is included.

70350 - Rolling vehicle with a castle turret railing as a mouth, which looks pretty cool. New big wheels that are rocky, similar to the Power Miners wheels. Small catapult on back. The two bad guys are one that looks like Tremor from UA and a smaller guy with a purple helmet and a ball-and-chain. Another corrupted shield and Axl

70351 - This one is absolutely stunning! Blue jet with trans orange wings, new canopy piece, and dual six-stud shooters in front and one in back! There is a giant, Burnzie-like character with glowing wings and a mace hand. There are two rock guys that are a circle and a brick, too. Clay, Claybot, and a corrupted shield included.

70352 - The big one. It's a giant, long tank with a jester head at the front. It's not as great as you'd think but it looks hilarious. A lot of the new rock wheels. In the back is a crane holding Ava in a prison. Lighting Cloud hovers above them... A small bike is included for the Rock Guys. There's a minifigure with giant, glowing wings, and a small block rock guy holding a sword who looks pretty freaky. Macy gets a drill tank. Lance gets nothing, but he is getting the corrupted shield. Minifigures are Jestro, Macy, Ava, Lance, wing guy, rock guy, and block guy.