WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71000 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9  

235 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 9?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 9 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the new distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 9?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it and please give me 3 full sets

Does anyone know the ratio of a 30 fig Display? Multiple german websites sell displays with only 30 figs and I wonder if that means figs like the fortune teller and waiter are only in there once. That would make the hunting even more complicated since stores don´t open all their displays at once and if the fig is grabbed you have to wait until they open the next box.

Just realized I forgot to add MHO on this series, so here goes:

fav fig: forest maiden (and the history figs generally)

least fav fig: roller derby girl (though her skates are possibly the best accessory)

Very happy about all the neat accessories, not happy at all about the fig distribution.

A step upwards from series 8.

High quality review as usual, White Fang, thanks for that.

Does anyone know the ratio of a 30 fig Display? Multiple german websites sell displays with only 30 figs and I wonder if that means figs like the fortune teller and waiter are only in there once. That would make the hunting even more complicated since stores don´t open all their displays at once and if the fig is grabbed you have to wait until they open the next box.

I cannot confirm that officially, but I only found 1 maiden in the only box of 30 that I went through.

That proves nothing, the other maiden could have been taken out already. But the box still looked very new and full...

I wonder if I should buy a few white knights for their armour.

Edited by Wardancer

I think Lego indicated that they would be offering this series in half size boxes of 30. And I think a 30 pack will only have 1 complete set plus some doubles of others. They seem to have increased the distribution on what are perceived to be common army builders (knight, space Orc, battle mech) and there will typically be multiple singles.

Yay! Just got my first 6. Some of my favorites out of any series so far.

For Star Wars fans, it strikes me that with his distinctive helmet, flaired shoulders, knee pads and rocket backpack, the "Battle Mech" makes quite an acceptable SW:TOR era Bounty Hunter. His armor would not look out of place in that game. I just wish it was more red than orange.

Am I the only one who got his first "Battle Mech" and immediately thought Power Ranger? I thought the shows were rubbish, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

Am I the only one who got his first "Battle Mech" and immediately thought Power Ranger? I thought the shows were rubbish, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.

Power Ranger is pretty close to what you are supposed to think. It's supposed to sort of be a generic anime or Kaiju style "mecha". Something along the lines of a Gundam or a robot Superhero.

As far as Power Rangers being rubbish. Well yeah! But once you realize what it actually is, it becomes a sort of fascinating cheese. (Just so long as you turn the sound off to skip the dialogue.) what many don't realize is Power Rangers was not one show. They took a bunch of different Japanese live action Kaiju and Superhero shows, chopped them up and spliced them into scenes with American actors. It's like intermixing a Godzilla movie with Saved by the Bell. It's truly awful and yet strangely hilarious.

Bought my first figures from this series. No luck with Forest Maiden yet, but at least I already found two Fortune Tellers. Still a bit heartbroken with how dull Heroic Knight turned out to be. I suspect I'll be fine with just one of them. :sceptic: Cyclops is cute and Battle Mech is cool. Judge's gavel is the best (though maybe not the most versatile) new accessory from this round, I think.

What's the best way to feel for the Judge and the Knight? I need both for my castle MOC.

I went to store today, but all of the packages seem so huge. Many of the packages were bulging, and it was challenging to determine whether the bulge was a wig or armor piece or something else. Not to mention that I should feel, identify, and buy. It just seems strange if I were to stand at the store for over five to ten minutes feeling each package (and the store might not like it).

Edit (Trivia): By the way, is the Judge supposed to be the Lord Chancellor? That's what he looks like.

Edited by gundamz

I just went and bought a closed 30s display. Had exactly the half of the contents of the 60s display. They probably changed the ratios because of that.

What's the best way to feel for the Judge and the Knight?

The easiest parts to identify were the armor and the hammer IMO.

I just got the whole collection today and I must say i was very happy that I got 6 cops. I prefer the CMFs for my town display and I must say I love the new and unique minifigs in this collection. Judge is grest for many themes. Plumber is perfect. Roller derby girl is a great new addition. Cop is best yet for TLG. Fortune teller is very good too. Actress will be great for a premier at the new Palace Cinema. Waiter willbe a great filler for a city.The emperor figure was perfect. Overall I loved this series.

I almost complete this series since I got all the five female minifigs of this series then I got the Battle Mech, Judge, Heroic Knight, Plumber, Policeman and Mr. Good and Evil. Now the things that I only need is the Waiter, Roman Emperor, Chicken Suit Guy, Cyclops and the Alien Avenger.

My second stint feeling the packages wielded Forest Maiden rather quickly. I still want another one, but that can wait. Cannot decide which is my favourite from this series, the Fortune Teller or the Forest Maiden. Both are awesome. I'm not a hundred percent sold on the latter's hairpiece, though. But the torso and dress will be very useful. Cannot have too many medieval villagers.

I also got myself an Alien Avenger and the Mermaid. Avenger is rather nice even if it is just a recolour of Galaxy Patrol. I'm slightly disappointed with the Mermaid, I don't think the torso printing really works with the light shiny outlines.

Have to say that Heroic Knight's (which I got earlier) vizor (and helmet) in plain bley is nice for statues, even if it looks incongruent on the figure itself compared to his metallic shield and armour.

Minifigure Review:

Heroic Knight

Just got my first heroic knight today, and overall I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

Pros: Lots of pieces, Very good parts pack (the sword, shield, helmet, and armor piece can be used for other minifigures), Very detailed designs (especially on the armor piece)

Cons: The helmet would not stay shut if you hold the figure while the feather is attached to the helmet, the face is kinda goofy

The cons can be rectified:

* To make the helmet stay shut, you could either not hold the knight or just remove the feather.

* Of course, you could change the face. Since I plan to get multiples of these, I might change the face anyways to differentiate the knights I have.

Went back the Bartel's and picked up Heroic Knight x4, Cyclops x4, Fortune Teller, and Forest Maiden. I was disappointed because out of two cases I only found one Forest Maiden and I definitely need more of her. Seemingly lots of everyone else, including several Alien Avengers whom I though would be alot more popular for army-builders.

Went back the Bartel's and picked up Heroic Knight x4, Cyclops x4, Fortune Teller, and Forest Maiden. I was disappointed because out of two cases I only found one Forest Maiden and I definitely need more of her. Seemingly lots of everyone else, including several Alien Avengers whom I though would be alot more popular for army-builders.

I agree on the rarity of Forest Maiden. I went through three opened boxes today - found none of her. I want just one to stand next to my poor lonely Forest Man :P

I did find the fortune teller and the actress which I was after.

The police officer is a must. I need a couple dozen in my Lego town. I'm in love with that minifig. I think it's all I ever wanted of a Lego police officer. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I agree on the rarity of Forest Maiden. I went through three opened boxes today - found none of her. I want just one to stand next to my poor lonely Forest Man :P

I did find the fortune teller and the actress which I was after.

Finally got a Forest Maiden! My friend bought me two bags that she randomly picked - one was the Cyclops and the other the Forest Maiden. Maybe the trick is not to look too hard and just plain luck :P

Finally got a couple figures that weren't mermaids or a plumbers (in addition to another mermaid and another plumber - jesus). I'm struggling to see what the big deal about the knight is. It's the same fig I got a bunch of in the early 90s, only now his sword is all bendy and he has no colour any more. I'd have expected this sort of figure back in series 1, but now? Booooooooooring.

Chicken suit guy's pretty great though.

I personally really like the design on the Knight's armor and shield. I think it is a great army building piece.

Has anyone else tried to look at series 9 under a blue light? Certain Lego parts glow under blue light.

I've noticed on both of my figures of the plumber his hat and left leg glow bright blue while his right leg doesn't glow.... :wacko: anyone got any Idea why one leg would glow and the other doesn't? does anyone else have one glowing leg on their plumber?

The Space Trooper and the Mech are pretty easy to feel for. With the Trooper, just look for something bulky and check if it has those ridges sticking out of it. With the Mech, look for the bars on the back of the armor plate.

Oh, and the Trooper is just as awesome as I thought it would be.

Edited by DraikNova

Have to say that Heroic Knight's (which I got earlier) vizor (and helmet) in plain bley is nice for statues, even if it looks incongruent on the figure itself compared to his metallic shield and armour.

I'm a bit irritated too. Why didn't they give him a metallic looking helmet? I really like the minifig but this thing disturbs me. I just changed the helmet and it looks much better now :)