mobi

How much do you spend on Technic?

I searched for similar threads, while there exist quite a few, they are in General Lego section.

I wonder how much you spend on Technic

1. Average spend per year for Technic

2. Total net worth of your Lego Technic (at purchase price - not at market value because high market value of old sets may skew the figure)

I start with myself. I twice came out of my dark age. :blush:

I never spend more than 200 GBP per year *. Total cost of all my Technic is around 1500 GBP (excluding childhood sets which were bought by parents). I usually only buy Technic with occasional purchase of Creator sets.

I guess my spend is on lower side as most good MOCers spend far more than this.

* = my wife closely scrutinize my Lego purchase and never allows me to go over the limit :wub:

I dont really know...probably around 1000 euro in the last 3 years

I just started into Technics this month and I already spent close to EUR800 since I am buying those discontinued sets

I only buy 1-3 sets (one is usually flagship) each year...the rest comes from my large bricklink orders, my last one being $120+... :wink:

When I started out getting Technic sets in winter 2011, I bought everything I could get in the shops, totalling probably 800 Euros during the course of three months. But that was before I discovered BrickLink. Now I typically place some larger orders totalling 300 Euros each month, depending on what spesific sets I buy. This month was somewhat special, so 700 Euros now. So yeah, a lot. But it's a nice hobby, and my colleague who crashes remote controlled airplanes spends a lot more:D

For a total net, I really don't know. Some of the sets don't have instructions and so forth, but I would estimate 4000 Euros. At least that's what I tell my folks:P

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

Need to do some maths...

December, when i got out of the closet:

9398 - 150eu

9395 - 60eu

8070 - 100eu

Total ( last year ): 310eu

January:

42000 89eu

Quite scary... In two months i spent 400eu on lego! :look:

Still to get this year:

8110 Unimog

8109 Flatbed truck

9394 Jet plane ( need those red panels )

42005 Monster truck

42008 Service truck

42009 On the fence with this

NXT 3.0 - If i win loto...

Looks like i am spending too much per year!

Since 2011 I have bought most of the larger technic sets that come out. The small $15-20 sets rarely interest me and will get passed over so I can have the flagship sets :) I spend at least $700-800 CDN a year at the moment.

I don't buy a lot of sets,I spend about 300 uk pounds a year on parts and sets..... :classic:

I have a big enough collection as it is.... :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Iv probably spent €2500 in the last 2 years on technic. Iv got nearly all the flagship sets now.

Some sets like 8421 misb were expensive.

I still need to buy these sets in the next three months

8110 Unimog - 160eur

9398 crawler - 160eur

8053 mobile crane - 80eur

9397 logging truck - 111eur

8258 crane truck - 200eur

42009 MKII - ???????

i think i am going to faint :cry_sad:

on average i guess i spend £200 - 300 a month, i have bought the 8466 - 16 times in the last 5 years!

Hello everybody, I am new here.

I have just entered the Lego world last month after 30 years af dark age. Within the last 4 weeks i have spend about 2000 euro's on mostly Technic and modular buildings. And some Creator sets .... and .... and....... I also really like the City theme, so I could easily spend 2000 more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't help myself. I am really impressed with how far Lego has come since the 80's.

But the one reason to my madness has to be my 3 year old son. Oooh yes, it's his fault ...... that little .... grrrrr. And the january sales here in Denmark.

Cheers

Michael

on average i guess i spend £200 - 300 a month, i have bought the 8466 - 16 times in the last 5 years!

DAMN.. you have me beat. I have now purchased 13 of them in the last 2 years. Parted 2 out, Sold 1, 3 for sale...and plenty left. Never paid more than 100USD for any of them and that includes the MISB one I just got.

Total collection?... you wouldn't believe it if I said.

I would love to pick up 8466 just for the tires but if I bought all the out of production sets I wanted I would be extra broke! I would also really love silver champion/williams f1 car just because of the extra wide race tires but at over $200 to buy a used one due to current market prices + shipping I will end up saving that money for the newer sets.

If I ever get the insurance payout I am supposed too I might go crazy and buy all the old sets I wish I could have :)

Most of my parts came from sets when I was little. Now I am focusing my money else where (film equipment) so I unfortunatelyI dont spend very much at all.

tim

I spend about $250 US a year, as I almost invariably buy the flagship, except this year, when I bought 9396 and 8068 instead.

I try to keep it under 100 euros / month and often fail. I now have all the old sets I wanted except for one, so it might be easier to hit my target in the future.

Ever since I started collecting again I have bought (almost) every new set each year, some of them twice. Also a bunch of used sets for the collection and for parts. Due to this thread I now know there are others who can't resist a good deal even if the parts are probably not needed.

I came out of the dark ages about a year and a half ago. I have bought a ridiculous amount since then and keep track of my collection with the help of a couple websites. I only bought a dozen Technic sets, but they're mostly the biggest available (including Mindstorms), at an approximate total of $1,850 (USD). Star Wars is my favorite and I own 88 sets worth about $4,950. I have 27 Creator sets, including modular buildings and a train, totalling $1,750. I bought 13 generic brick sets for $425 and 37 miscellaneous sets for $1,075. That's just over ten grand in the last year and a half, so about $6,500 per year on average. But this doesn't include the individual pieces bought from Bricklink. I probably have another $500 there. It's somewhat of a problem, really. I'm addicted, I admit. I don't even have time to build everything I buy. I'll probably end up on that television show "Collection Intervention" within a few years...

How much do I spend on Technic? I won't answer that question when my wife asks, so why would I answer you? :laugh: I actually try not to think about it. I don't know exactly what my collection is worth, but I have it insured for $50,000.

I got back into LEGO in early 2009, and since then, I think I've spent about $1,400 USD on Technic sets and PF parts, $400 on LUGbulk parts, $300 on Bricklink orders, $300 on Modular Buildings, and around $100 on LEGO City vehicles. Pretty cheap hobby, I think. :grin:

Need to do some maths...

December, when i got out of the closet:

9398 - 150eu

9395 - 60eu

8070 - 100eu

Total ( last year ): 310eu

January:

42000 89eu

Quite scary... In two months i spent 400eu on lego! :look:

Still to get this year:

8110 Unimog

8109 Flatbed truck

9394 Jet plane ( need those red panels )

42005 Monster truck

42008 Service truck

42009 On the fence with this

NXT 3.0 - If i win loto...

Looks like i am spending too much per year!

So, you decided to go for the 8109 Flatbed. :thumbup:

I think I've spent about 1500 € on Lego last year. I think the smart thing would be NOT to calculate the exact sum... :sick::laugh::wacko:

So, you decided to go for the 8109 Flatbed. :thumbup:

I think I've spent about 1500 € on Lego last year. I think the smart thing would be NOT to calculate the exact sum... :sick::laugh::wacko:

Yup, dunno why, but flatbed just stuck in my head. I missed out on one of those in local ads for 45eu. I should really get finger out and get one sealed from bricklinks, while they still around 80eu. 25eu delivery charge is a bit pain in a hole, when i need to deal with bricklinks! :sadnew: