That is not any more an Easter Egg than the Octan symbol on the Skull Twins jackets. It is simply an in-house brand/company.

They're cross-theme logos, though. I mean, it's kind of funny to think of those City organizations making it all the way into the future for Space Police... :wink:

They're cross-theme logos, though. I mean, it's kind of funny to think of those City organizations making it all the way into the future for Space Police... :wink:

That's why I was pointing it out. Those brands are most prominent in LEGO City, so when they appear in a Sci-Fi theme it's slightly out-of-the-ordinary. Where is the line drawn between an easter egg and standard set design? After all, in my opinion this is just as much of an easter egg as the Aqua Raiders skeleton in Atlantis.

That's why I was pointing it out. Those brands are most prominent in LEGO City, so when they appear in a Sci-Fi theme it's slightly out-of-the-ordinary. Where is the line drawn between an easter egg and standard set design? After all, in my opinion this is just as much of an easter egg as the Aqua Raiders skeleton in Atlantis.

I would count the Octan or other LEGO brand references in other themes (besides City/Town) as Easter Eggs.

I think Octan is like Lego's Weyland-Yutani, the all-powerful company from the Alien movies that has crossed over to the Predator movies and been namedropped in other movies and video games. It's not that improbable that a company as big as Octan seems to be in the City theme could survive into the future of Space Police.

I started to wonder if this Viking Shield says/means anything (?):

2958pb008.jpg?0

No. Viking shields only had random runes on them, no actual words.

Anyone catch onto the multiple CM possible Easter Eggs?

- S5 Lumber Jack has the name "Kel" on his torso.

- S7 Space Marine has the name "Luiz" on his torso.

- S6 Mechanic as the name "Raph" on his torso.

- S1 Nurse has the medical chart with the name "Dawes"

There are additional possible ones, such as various numbers and names but those are some of the more interesting ones. They could be random names or I am going to guess TLG workers or designers.

There are additional possible ones, such as various numbers and names but those are some of the more interesting ones. They could be random names or I am going to guess TLG workers or designers.

I noticed the Mechanic, unaware of the others. Must be the designers of the respected fig, no?

I don't see it as that odd that Octan would make it into the future. I am sure that in the future we will see many commercial ventures into space and some of those will probably come from large coporations that exist today. (Like Virgin for example.) Anyway, when I was a kid I had lots of Octan space stuff so it is quite normal for me to see this.

Last year at Brickfair one of the designers who works on the Collectable Minifigs confirmed that "Kel" was the name of a Canadian friend of his. So it's likely that the other names come from somewhere, but it's not necessarily limited to LEGO employees.

Not sure if it counts as an easter egg but the snake staffs in ninjago have the Omega symbol on the back of them, near the top.

I don't think that's an easter egg. If there were some significance story- or set-wise to the Omega symbol I'd say it was, but otherwise there's no way of confirming whether it's meant as anything more than a decorative pattern.

The center image on this torso from the Gravity Games is a picture of this from the Insectoids theme.

Edited by gedren_y

I think I have found another double EE, in Indiana Jones set 7623 Temple Escape, this part is used on the airplane for its registration number. I believe that it is correct to the film and is basically Obi-Wan & C-3PO abbreviated in some form.

I noticed most of those. I thought they were just random names, but looking through this topic, I don't think anything is really random in Lego sets, so perhaps you're on to something. :classic:

The center image on this torso from the Gravity Games is a picture of this from the Isectoids theme.

Really? Looks more like a regular triangle with a hole to me. If it were supposed to be that Insectoid crystal, the sides of it would be straighter, and it would have those pegs coming out of the corners. Besides, why would somebody at the Gravity Games have an alien artifact from the future on his shirt? :sceptic:

I think I have found another double EE, in Indiana Jones set 7623 Temple Escape, this part is used on the airplane for its registration number. I believe that it is correct to the film and is basically Obi-Wan & C-3PO abbreviated in some form.

Indeed. I thought it was obvious enough not to mention, and it's more a Lucasfilm EE than a Lego EE, but I guess it's worth to put on the list. :classic:

Really? Looks more like a regular triangle with a hole to me. If it were supposed to be that Insectoid crystal, the sides of it would be straighter, and it would have those pegs coming out of the corners. Besides, why would somebody at the Gravity Games have an alien artifact from the future on his shirt? :sceptic:

The left image is a plane and the right image looks like an Insectoids style head, so the design is probably based on Insectoids.

That's because there are a series of "Easter Eggs" in the Indian Jones films referring to Star Wars :

Raiders of the Lost Ark : the boat plane in opening sequences is an aside to Obi-Wan and C-3PO (this is picked up in the Lego sets)

Raiders of the Lost Ark : in the tombs in Egypt R2D2 and C-3PO are some of the carvings on the walls (this is picked up in the Lego sets)

Temple of Doom : the club in the opening sequences is Club Obi-Wan (this is picked up in the Lego sets)

there's a couple of others too : http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/indianajones/feature_starwars.shtml etc

oops - sorry, just seen this was covered off really early in this topic pages 1 or 2.

Also, it's always annoyed me that the Viking Shields are onesense, when other runes say something. It's not like TLG to be so "slapdash".

Edited by Watchman

The left image is a plane and the right image looks like an Insectoids style head, so the design is probably based on Insectoids.

Honestly that symbol looks more like the year 3 Alpha Team logo than the Insectoids crystal, and I'm confident that both similarities are a coincidence.

Don't know if this was brought up already, but I recently bought a lot of Exo-Force stickers. They are full of kanji's and stuff, but what do they mean? :look:

In the Super Heroes set 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout, one of the computer screens is displaying the arcade game Space Invaders, which is funny because the movie the set is based on revolves around an alien invasion.

Now that the film has been out and we have had a chance to see it we see that it's a reference to a joke in the movie itself. Great on Lego's part to include that in there. :classic:

Now that the film has been out and we have had a chance to see it we see that it's a reference to a joke in the movie itself. Great on Lego's part to include that in there. :classic:

I love how the people at Lego like to have fun introducing such random jokes. This is a great one. :laugh:

I love how the people at Lego like to have fun introducing such random jokes. This is a great one. :laugh:

It wasn't a random joke because sometime in the movie a worker is caught playing Space Invaders when he is supposed to do his work :wink:

It wasn't a random joke because sometime in the movie a worker is caught playing Space Invaders when he is supposed to do his work :wink:

Correction. It was Galaga. Galaga and Space Invaders have been mixed up since the two were released but the big difference between them is that in Galaga, the aliens can move freely as opposed to the rigid, grid-like movement of the Space Invaders aliens. Thus I would say the tile is more likely to be Galaga than Space Invaders.

I didn't mean random in that sense (I actually did know the movie reference, but thanks :classic: ). I actually meant that they seem to be placed in unexpected and random places. In this case, though, I know realise that the game should be in a computer screen nearby (as in the movie). :blush: