Rate this set.  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion!

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

And I don't agree with Legobear. The Dragon knights don't look like bad guys even with this colors and this adorable face. But Ok- we know they keep the Lion Princess in their castle.... So they are bad :P

Lord of Dragon :tongue: hahaha I love you man kekeke. Maybe it was all a big misunderstanding. She just went over their for tea and the Lion Knights get all worried >_<"

Wow, the Dragon Knight's printing is stunning! Unfortunately it could've been divided better, since it looks like neither the legs nor the torso can't be properly used with another option without making them look "cut".

But yeah, this is a very nice set for being the "smallest non-impulse" in the line. Nothing surprising, but great minifigs and good amount of pieces and accessories.

am i the only one that actually also likes the catapult itself and is not only crazy for the figs? :tongue: i honestly think though it's small, it's one of the ebst catapults of the last years. the wheels made of the round 2x2 plates gives it a lovely historical touch :thumbup: can't wait to get my fingers on these new sets.

Thanks for the review!

This looks like its going to be a great line. And I'm not sure sure that the good/bad divide is so clear cut. I'm going with the different factions with different aims line.

Still, looking forward to picking these sets up, and as my son is approaching 4, its going to be a fun year playing with them with him!

Thanks for sharing this with us CopMike.

This looks like a great little set. The new minifigs are really cool - love the new helmet! - and I rather like the mini catapult too.

I've got high hopes for this line, can't wait to see more! :sweet:

Awesome review Copmike! I'm so glad Lego are maintaining a medieval/fantasy line like this (although I am a bit bummed out by the lack of elves :sad:). The helmets are gorgeous, and with plumes no less. Ah, at last our search for plumes will be at an end...

am i the only one that actually also likes the catapult itself and is not only crazy for the figs? :tongue: i honestly think though it's small, it's one of the ebst catapults of the last years. the wheels made of the round 2x2 plates gives it a lovely historical touch :thumbup: can't wait to get my fingers on these new sets.

You're not the only one. I don't dislike the figs per say... I'm just in disbelief that LEGO came out with a catapault I can't fault..... at all.

It's just perfect :classic: it really is. As I've said, there does not seem to be extra wasted parts that aren't needed on the thing. It looks

very authentic. The swinging mechanism is solid, so is the thing for loading lego pellets :tongue: . Wheels are just right, size is

just right. I'm going to buy this set mainly for the catapault myself, I just can't wait :classic:

Edited by legobear

Fully agreed.

Btw. CopMike, did you shoot the pictures with 2 different cameras? The first ones look like from a cell phone and are worse quality, and the last few seem much better. Do you think you could take another picture from the dragon's knight. with the better cam?

I definitely gonna buy this set! But I think the bucket helm would look better if it covered the space between the eyes.

Awesome review, CopMike! :classic:

I feel like I'm getting back into castle again, and I'll make sure to pick up these new sets.

I don't think the dragon knights look "evil" at all, TLC may turn them into the baddies of course, but that doesn't mean you have to! Just have the lion knights take the dragon king as their prisoner and there you go.

I'm thinking about combining my crownies with those, a third faction would be good for this line.

~ General Magma

I do agree that the dragon knight is a bit heavy on the chainage... I don't think they look evil but a bit on the fantasy side. I would like that scale mail very much if the chains weren't included.

The front and back printing is fantastic. I am glad for this change with minifigs. I like the face printing and the new great helm is very nice. The weapons in the dark metallic are a welcome sight. A shield for the dragon knight would have been a nice addition.

I find the tiny catapult and weapons stand decent designs. I certainly like the wheels on the catapult. The part selection is great and I find all of those small pieces very useful. I love all of the plates that we get and some choco brown slopes as well.

I like the new bucket for the catapult. The old version was way too big for most applications.

30275.gif

The smaller one will look much better especially when TLG puts catapults right on the castle walls. And we all know how TLG likes catapults on those castles. I noticed that the fulcrum is very close to the bucket on this new part. We will only be able to make small catapults with the new piece. I am not quite sure if another use for this part has been found but it should be easier than MOCing with the old one.

I would give this set a 4 out of 5 mostly for the figs and good part selection.

Great review! I reall like the mini catapult and the figs are fantastic, I'm going to make two new factions with these.

Very cool stuff.... that 'bad knight' is killer. I haven't cared about Lego Castle in YEEEEEEEARS, and I suddenly entertain thoughts of becoming a dragon clan collector , hehe!! Thanks for the review

Wonderful review, CopMike. :wub:

Thanks for sharing with us another exclusive early review, and I am really very excited to these new Castle sets. :grin:

The Knights face is gonna be mine! I bugsy's the face damn it! :grin:

Its a "Pimped" version of my sig-fig now!

Nice Review, The set looks awesome to buy and enjoy playing with for hours, I did the same when I bought a small "Knights Kingdom II" set, I built it whislt I was watching the opening to Olympics a few years ago.

Lovely set it is a must have.

I really like all the little details. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review

The figs look great, but the catapult is also one of the best TLG has ever done. But why do they always have to include those silly weapons' stands in every other set?

Great review sir!

About this castle line: I honestly don't know what to think of it... It's not bad, especially with the new pieces in it, but there's something not quite allright with it, Eventhough I don't know what. :look::tongue:

Thank you for the nice review Copmike. :thumbup::classic:

The figs looks great enough. The dragonknight looks like it has the face of agent Charge, which is a great head to re-use, and the lionknights head looks new to me.

The catapult (rule number one of lego castle designers: Put always a catapult in the line. :tongue: ) looks very good with many pieces you could use for other buildings and mocs. The big catapult piece is changed to a little catapult piece, where I'm very happy about, because I never knew which I could do other with it and more of them take much storrage room.

The standard is nothing special, but has some nice pieces.

I like it very much they have two different coloured plumes, It was til now not very common.

I would liked it more when they had also added a dragonshield in this set.

Edited by Wout

Decent set, the figs look good, however, figure/price ratio is not quite up there as it was in early Fantasy Era (say, 7090 and 7091). That, plus the lack of a dragon shield make this set only average for me. Still a must buy though...

Edit: the plumes are nice!

Edited by Stiel

Interesting. It's not the most brilliant set for most, but a cheap set's a good set...

Yay, first plumes! I'm not much of a castle collector (I just get a few here and there) so I'll finally get the chance to have a few plumes.

Awesome! This is what I've been waiting for. :laugh: Cheers for the review, CopMike! :thumbup:

~Peace