THE MCLAREN MP4-12C VS LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO                                                                     

This is a competition between me and one really good chanel- Babas custom lego creations. This is not our first collaboration, but now is a mid-level supercar competition, and you can vote between me and Baba.

SOMETHING ABOUT THE MCLAREN

I think, this is the most realistic car from my garage, also i spent a lot of time on things like butterfly doors or front axle. It is not so fast, because of the real suspension system and real motor placement, but lego car with real chassis cant be very fast.

Edited by Jim
Removed "please vote" comment

First rule for me in building mocs: Dont call it like the real thing when it not look like the real thing

sorry if I am a bit harsh,

but TBH it doesn't really resemble a McLaren at all, the rear is the only part that sort of resembles a car.

And you forgot to even show what the other car is like, so we can't say which is better.

Just now, efferman said:

First rule for me in building mocs: Dont call it like the real thing when it not look like the real thing

I'm going to agree with that, it Just doesn't resemble a McLaren.

Just now, LEGO ADAM said:

MAYBE IT LOOKS A BIT LIKE A CORVETTE BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH DESIGN PARTS

Is your caps lock on or something? What's with that.

Just now, KikoTube said:

First i would rebuild the front. Ur front is to straight. The back looks good to me.

That is a Photoshop car, this is the real car.

PEVMCT__01.jpg

23 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

but TBH it doesn't really resemble a McLaren at all, the rear is the only part that sort of resembles a car.

Sorry, but I have to agree. The back looks like a McLaren, but that is really the only part that does. To make it better, maybe you could:

• Use a blueprint: Image result for mclaren mp4 12c blueprint
  • Look at other Lego models of this car for ideas
  • Try to get more parts, if possible.
33 minutes ago, efferman said:

I totally agree. Maybe you can just call it a concept car that you made and give it a cool name, if you don't feel like rebuilding it.

i agree with you, but i really dont have any more red design parts and for me is the main thing, what is inside, and inside is a mclaren

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

sorry if I am a bit harsh,

And you forgot to even show what the other car is like, so we can't say which is better. - it is in the end of the video

I'm going to agree with that, it Just doesn't resemble a McLaren.

Is your caps lock on or something? What's with that.

That is a Photoshop car, this is the real car.

PEVMCT__01.jpg

If you knew from the start that you don't have enought parts why did you pick such a large scale project?

You should use more flex axles to archieve the fluid look of the McLaren :wink:

1 hour ago, LXF said:

If you knew from the start that you don't have enought parts why did you pick such a large scale project?

You should use more flex axles to archieve the fluid look of the McLaren :wink:

because in small scale model i cant have this super suspension

it is in the end of the video:

No, it isn't.

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I have seen suspension in small models, such as @Madoca 1977's Corvette C3 Stingray.

Or using rubber bands, they work too.

21 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

it is in the end of the video:

No, it isn't.

There is a link that you can click at the end.

22 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Or using rubber bands, they work too.

Funny you mention that, I'm using that setup for a MOC I'm currently working on.

25 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

There is a link that you can click at the end.

Funny you mention that, I'm using that setup for a MOC I'm currently working on.

Oh, I am on a kindle, so links cannot be clicked, sorry.

Just my 2 cents here, but who cares if the car does not look like the car he is saying it is.  I think it looks great, sure it is not perfect, but I think it looks really cool.  Nice build LEGO ADAM.  I look forward to seeing more of your builds in the future.  

It looks nothing like the McLaren, I was disappointed about this because the McLarens are the hardest cars to replicated because of their curved edges.

I think that because of this, your competition entry is a failure...

Maybe do a Corvette as it looks very similar to your model.

I agree, it looks good, but you shouldn't call it a McLaren, the title should be more like: [MOC] Lego super car/concept car

Edited by mocbuild101

14 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

This is a competition between me and one really good chanel- Babas custom lego creations.

The Babas that got banned from this site?

I have removed the Please Vote from your original post. I didn't see any info or link.

13 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

MAYBE IT LOOKS A BIT LIKE A CORVETTE BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH DESIGN PARTS

Please turn off your Caps-lock :wink: 

@Jim There's a poll on an info card in the video, althought he didn't say anything here... 

@LEGO ADAM It would be nice if you could post some photos here to see what could be changed to make it look more like a McLaren or a Corvette :classic:

Edited by LXF

Despite democracy and the fact that you've made nice build, It is a minimum respect when you name your model after some real life product (in your case car) that you make instantly recognizable model. That is mutual respect no matter you decide to make McLaren or Corvette. 

Edited by I_Igor

I think I'm right that this is the Lambo you are in competition with:

For anyone else who was struggling to find a link to it from the video etc.

FWIW I prefer the Lambo, it looks like what it is supposed to and the performance seems to be superior 

3 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

I think I'm right that this is the Lambo you are in competition with:

For anyone else who was struggling to find a link to it from the video etc.

FWIW I prefer the Lambo, it looks like what it is supposed to and the performance seems to be superior 

the lambo maybe looks better, but it has not susspension and real chassis, it is only a go kart chassis with lambo design, also he has a lot of design parts from his lego porsche.

Design of a MOC is not only about having specific elements in your collection. It is also about the art of choosing the optimal shape to be built with bricks and skills you have. To be honest, McLaren is very hard car to be captured well.
Scale-modelling is not easy discipline to master with pre-shaped bricks, personally I would primarily try to build good-looking imaginary vehicle.

And if you show only body on video, there are no ways to know what's inside. :) Or at least photo of the underside of your MOC.
Put more effort and time to building and to presenting, and together with your enthusiasm they'll bring much better results . :)