Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Well, I honestly just hope that someone at TLG has been aware of how much we've talked about a Brick Suit minifig, so that even if we don't get it in S18, it comes at some point. They have to do it! And honestly, I didn't realize how well the proportions worked until I saw this sketch.

I'm not a huge fan of CMF in costume, but I could be interested in CMF in ... traditional costumes ! people may dress in their folkloric garment to celebrate their national day. It could be a way to honour Lego fans all around the world (well at least in 16 countries)...

10 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

I'm not a huge fan of CMF in costume, but I could be interested in CMF in ... traditional costumes ! people may dress in their folkloric garment to celebrate their national day. It could be a way to honour Lego fans all around the world (well at least in 16 countries)...

Ehhh, honestly, people from small countries usually get screwed over when that kind of thing happens, since they're the most likely to not be represented. As a result I probably wouldn't be a fan.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Definitely.  I'll be seriously upset if it actually comes out but isn't compatible.

I was thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if we all might be disappointed in it. Once you allot room for the minifigure, there's not a whole lot of room left for anti-studs...

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Ehhh, honestly, people from small countries usually get screwed over when that kind of thing happens, since they're the most likely to not be represented. As a result I probably wouldn't be a fan.

But you're from Space, and from what I heard that place is pretty big...

32 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I was thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if we all might be disappointed in it. Once you allot room for the minifigure, there's not a whole lot of room left for anti-studs...

That's a great point, but the suit might be fine without them if it is between bricks in a wall.

8 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Exactly my point. It won't happen.

Let's all remember this exact quote. You know, for later. So we can all laugh.

37 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'd put in in my signature for safekeeping for you, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change my signature since the last site update.

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

I'd put in in my signature for safekeeping for you, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change my signature since the last site update.

Huh. I thought for sure that I had seen this, and that you had overlooked it somehow. But I'll be damned, I can't figure it out either. Can a moderator shed some light on this, or pop in to direct us to the proper place to find an answer?

Pretty please?

EDIT:  Well, that was easy enough to find. At the top right of the page, where your profile picture is displayed, click your name, then choose "account settings".  Signature options are there.

Thanks to @Retrobrick83 and @JJ2.

Edited by rob-ot5000
Durrrr, found it

17 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

Won't lie, I've had that same thought and I think I'd enjoy it more than a costume wave.

T. American, my nation wouldn't be represented.

On Fri Apr 21 2017 at 7:24 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

They just can't do it anymore after I've threatened to bring Legosutra down on them. Sorry to have ruined it for you. ;)

I am expecting some great costume designs for series 18, hopefully something like @Robert8 designs, lego should hire him :) 

Would love to see a giraffe costume and ice cream! 

34111642841_f094911564_z_d.jpg

On 24/04/2017 at 3:27 PM, cebelicamya said:

I am expecting some great costume designs for series 18, hopefully something like @Robert8 designs, lego should hire him :) 

Would love to see a giraffe costume and ice cream! 

34111642841_f094911564_z_d.jpg

Giraffe would be well sweet (and easy to find in the bag) The lion would go well with the wicked witch

Love the Ice cream guy and the Kola

Edited by terryfay1983
didnt finish what i was writting

On 4/20/2017 at 7:05 PM, Hippocampe said:

Love the idea. Seeing a minifigure with their native outfit would be awesome. There would be so many countries to pick from to narrow it down to just 16 minifigures.

I really hope this isn't a costume series. It would be my "skater series". The costumed characters are a fun recurrence, but not deserving of a whole series. I want some more fantasy/supernatural/sci-fi characters! 

But remember what they did with CMF S14. It was a horror/monsters themed series, but there were minifigures for fans from other themes like the Gargoyle (Castle), Zombie Pirate (Pirates), Tiger Woman (Costumes), Zombie Businessman (City).....

So, I don't think all the costumes will be animals and food. I expect maybe something like....... an alien costume for Sci-Fi fans, sports team mascot, etc. So the series will appealing for everyone

On 21/04/2017 at 3:19 AM, BrickHat said:

I think the opposite often happens.

So you'll get one character from small countries (so, for example, a Dutch person in clogs - population 17m) but then also only one from UK (pop 65m), one from Germany (pop 81m), one from France (pop 67m), and probably one from the USA (pop 320m). And if they go for something very stereotypical from just one region within the country so, for example, a Lederhosen guy to represent the whole of Germany then it can be quite annoying if you don't like the Bavarian image of Germany.

Of course, really small countries like Slovenia or Luxembourg would get forgotten completely, but then these are often smaller (in population) than many capital cities.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I think the opposite often happens.

So you'll get one character from small countries (so, for example, a Dutch person in clogs - population 17m) but then also only one from UK (pop 65m), one from Germany (pop 81m), one from France (pop 67m), and probably one from the USA (pop 320m). And if they go for something very stereotypical from just one region within the country so, for example, a Lederhosen guy to represent the whole of Germany then it can be quite annoying if you don't like the Bavarian image of Germany.

Of course, really small countries like Slovenia or Luxembourg would get forgotten completely, but then these are often smaller (in population) than many capital cities.

We got Bavaria covered in Lederhosen Man and the dirndl-clad Pretzel Girl, so I'd hope they wouldn't rehash, even if I would love a Pretzel Girl-like figure in blue and white. I can't think of an American equivalent to things like that, so have at Slovenia and Luxembourg, I say.

Edited by K_Tiger