Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Challenge V Sig-figs

Hello fellow guild-builders, so Challenge V is upon us and Cat C lets us decide of the fate of Historica as the winning entry by vote becomes official GoH lore. And as @ZCerberus has said, including other peoples characters should definitely be encouraged, not only to gain votes, but of course to give as many characters as possible an place in the new lore. At least this is definitely my plan, build as many Sig-figs of willing builders as I can, and include them in more or less important roles, with one scene including all the characters reunited. 

And with that in mind, I realized trying to find everybody's sig-fig, messaging everyone individually to ask if they don't mind being part of it could take a while, so I decided to make this topic so anyone who doesn't mind having their character in another persons' entry can say so, and eventually post a photo of their sig-fig to make it easier for everyone to include them. :classic:

I'm going to start by saying I'd be more than happy, honored even to have my Sig-fig Finn included, even in the background, of any entries :sweet:

rsz_dsc01153-min.thumb.jpg.2ff2c0bf1447adb519c4928c4cbf4de6.jpg

(Arms, legs and head from Lego Minifigures series 11 Barbarian, and body from Fili the dwarf; but really any bald, bearded, northern warrior will do :grin:)

So hopefully this topic will help anyone who's wanting to include others in their story, or be included, saving effort and time, to be used on building instead :wink:

Very nice idea! 

I also don't mind if other people use my sigfig in their build/story, but that build/story must be against the Spire and in favor of the Alliance! Don't want to see Alfadas fight against the Alliance. 

Here is a photo of Alfadas Mandredson. 19338238340_79f5ea46a8_n.jpg

You can portray him either with shield or without, don't mind. For the rest, don't chance too much please. Wooden leg is a must. 

For any storylines involving the Kaliphlin High Council or especially the City of Barqa, you are very welcome to use my sigfig Gideon. He is a half-elf, but if you lack the hairpiece an Eomer helmet is also fine for his battle outfit. Clothes can vary, but he always wears some amount of dark red, and proudly displays the Kaliphlin lion on his armor or shield (which can differ from this boring round one I used in my intro waaay back).

33247518465_c5082a0123_n.jpg 12267688243_6654bf561f_n.jpg 12268098756_6e42cb63d3_n.jpg

In the turmoil of the Kaliphlin civil war the normally peace-loving City Council of Barqa has boosted the ranks of the City Guard and to face the new threat created a Barqan expeditionary force, and appointed Councilman Gideon to be the commander of that force.
(Preferrably Kingdoms Lions soldiers with dark blue arms and dark grey PoP helmets. However in these times of need uniforms and armor might vary if you lack those parts, but try to stick to a red-dark blue color scheme if possible...at least red).

The sizeable force of the Aslanic Order's garrison in Barqa might also join any military action taken by Barqa.
(Basically any Kingdoms Lions troops or similar will be ok as these I think)

Finally, the Barqans might also deploy siege engines or field pieces spewing the deadly but "slightly unreliable" Barqan fire on the enemies.
(Think Greek Fire or modern napalm, and it is best portrayed by chaining old dragon flame pieces where the small pins can be fastened in another flame piece, like I did here: https://flic.kr/p/efh7GJ)

Henjin Quilones may be used if one has the inclination: 

31760454803_1217c043f4_z.jpg

The legs and torso are Haldir from Helm's Deep, the arms are from Wulfwarro (from the SW Rebels Wookiee gunship), the head is Indiana Jones (though Peter Quill/Starlord and Winter Soldier work just as well), the hair is Anakin Skywalker (any brown messy hair will do in a pinch), and he wears a brown cloak. His attire can be presented however one likes, though, as long as the face matches and his armor looks somewhat elvish, in the likely event that folks don't have all the necessary components just laying about. He typically rides a white warg rather than a horse, but that's not necessary (though a perk!), and hangs out with elves. 

Also, I'm wondering what the general feeling is on mixing fleshies with yellows in these builds. On the one hand, it would be good to respect the character as presented by the creator of the fig, with the appropriate face color and whatnot; on the other, it would be nice, too, to keep the general aesthetic one way or the other (i.e. all fleshies or all yellows) in a given build, since it often looks awkward with both. I lean toward keeping them the way they were made and mixing the two skin tones, but I wanted to see what others thought. For example, I could make a pretty close representation of Finn with flesh tones, but I would want to check with @Legofin2012 before showing him that way in a build. What do people think?

17 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Also, I'm wondering what the general feeling is on mixing fleshies with yellows in these builds. On the one hand, it would be good to respect the character as presented by the creator of the fig, with the appropriate face color and whatnot; on the other, it would be nice, too, to keep the general aesthetic one way or the other (i.e. all fleshies or all yellows) in a given build, since it often looks awkward with both. I lean toward keeping them the way they were made and mixing the two skin tones, but I wanted to see what others thought. For example, I could make a pretty close representation of Finn with flesh tones, but I would want to check with @Legofin2012 before showing him that way in a build. What do people think?

My sigfig has been rendered with a fleshie face before. But it's a bit hard with the yellow ears, so it's easiest to give him a helmet then.

good idea, @Legofin2012

Laesonar is happy to be part of other builders' MOCs. he's very easy to build: you just need the elf CM, that Atlantis amour and a couple of katanas. The latter are a must. He's also a half-elf, but wears no helmet so you need the pointy ears for sure.

28623610873_e7cbbf4a7e_z.jpg

as for yellow or fleshy, I don't mind if you make him fleshy (though you still need the pointy ears!) or keep him yellow in a MOC with fleshy.

IMPORTANT: he's got quite the personality. He doesn't like the way Raavage is messing up the Natural Order of things, but he doesn't consider him a 'bad guy'. In a similar way, he has no problems at all with the Drows.

Personally I have no problem with my character being rendered as a fleshy, and as for mixing yellows and fleshies I gene avoid it in other themes, but for GoH I feel it's justified considering the other species present in the Guilds :classic: 

And so far I think I can recreate everyone fairly faithfully, although I do hope a few more builders join in, it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on a character gathering 

Lord Maestro would love to be part of the fun. You can capture him, torture him, flay him, skin him, just don't use him against the alliance :laugh:

33259067766_b4ba3bb263_z.jpg

Cmf series 15 knight torso and legs, black cape (can be dk green), Aragorn's head and dk brown ruffled/messy hair. Long sword can be included. Preferably any guy with a beard/stubble and dk brown hair will do but the cmf 15 knight torso and legs are also favored. In battle he usually wears a Helmet with sand and dk green plume and chest plate. He has a strong dislike of Drows and is generally a bit rigid, stern, taciturn and tense. Unless of course there is a barrel of good beer nearby, which there often is :tongue:

To fix the problem fleshie and yellows I just made a yellow skinned variant:

33171762861_f6609c712d_z.jpg

Edited by The Maestro

Stian Vitr may also be involved for the Alliance, against the Spire!

14939468034_a7b7af0f36_m.jpg

CMF Highland Battler torso with green arms and white hands, white hips with black legs, Babloo's head from the Adventurers theme,  black shoulder pauldron, and either black short tousled hair or a pearl dark gray pointed visor on a standard black helmet with a white small plume.  Stian is trained in the use of shortsword and poleaxe (custom design) as well as in riding his horse, Solvi, for speed and for battle.

TBH I haven't actually decided which side of the conflict I'm on, but anyone is welcome to use my sig-fig, Ageven Deraim, as long as you remember that he's militantly anti-Desert King. :grin:  I seem to recall one of the sides having connections to the DK, but I can't recall which one it was, at present... [Edit: After refreshing my memory on some of the preludes, the DK promised assistance to the Resistance, but I'm not sure that the enemies of my enemies are my friends in this instance.  Still of course the last thing Ageven will do is help the DK so consider him personally undecided.]
Head is from the CMF Series 7 Bandit; for the rest, just remember dark red and black.

12260062203_dd418fdf01.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

Feel free to use Lord Jürgen in any of your builds, as long as he is helping the spire. The only essentials are the ninjago ghost legs and the cloaks. Otherwise, feel free to interpret him any way you like, as long as he is an awesome lich Lord.  

IMG_0877

Newcomer here. If anyone needs a Black Spire foe/ally, Lord Osiris Vorn of Nocturnus would be happy to be part of anyone's build. 

500_x_400_historica_sig-fig.jpg

Parts: (Marvel Superheroes) Ronan's headpiece, (Pharaohs Quest) Mummy head, (Duel on Naboo variant) Darth Maul torso and legs with grey arms, and a standard black cape. 

The torso and legs can be swapped with any other black robe design.  

Although a recent arrival to Avalonia, feel free to use Lady Gwenllian for the Alliance.  She will not fight for the Spire side.  She's a pretty simple mini; the only defining features are the red hair and traditional smiley face.  She will likely be wearing armor, as she doesn't care for dresses much, so her hair could even be covered up.  She likes the dark green colors, so those work well.  Her actual figure uses the dragon armor, large dragon shield, dark green helmet with steel visor, dark green feather, and the body from the CMF evil knight.  Her horse is also pictured below.

irceHMM.jpg

@en_zoo, how would you feel about Laesonar having the long yellow Legolas hair with a fleshie face? As far as I can tell (and I am not much inclined to Bricklink stuff) there is no light flesh equivalent for that hair piece. The torso and legs would also be approximate, but the armor and cape, plus two katanas (though not tan, I think; I have black, light pearl grey, dark pearl grey, pearl gold, spring/ghost green, at least) would be there. Let me know.

@The Maestro Are there other acceptable torsos for those of us who were foolish and bought no CMF 15 knights?

@Merc4HireWhich side is Lord Osiris Vorn on in the conflict? Spire or Resistance?

As a sidenote, despite what I said above in my earlier post, I am now leaning towards an all-fleshie aesthetic, so be prepared (if you are a yellow-purist) to potentially see your character (as many as I can construct with my materials at hand) in flesh tone approximations rather than yellowface.

3 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

@The Maestro Are there other acceptable torsos for those of us who were foolish and bought no CMF 15 knights?

If you have one of those Avalonian dragon knight chestplates chuck that over top or even the common dagon knight torso as long as he has something to distinguish him from commen men eg a black cape. And here is was thinking you wise :tongue:

Just now, The Maestro said:

If you have one of those Avalonian dragon knight chestplates chuck that over top or even the common dagon knight torso as long as he has something to distinguish him from commen men eg a black cape. And here is was thinking you wise :tongue:

I was in a sci-fi phase at the time, which changed my purchasing priorities. Alas! And the green dragon knights came in my dark ages, but I will come up with something that will hopefully be satisfactory. I have a few options that I will try out. 

On 25/03/2017 at 5:30 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

@en_zoo, how would you feel about Laesonar having the long yellow Legolas hair with a fleshie face? As far as I can tell (and I am not much inclined to Bricklink stuff) there is no light flesh equivalent for that hair piece. The torso and legs would also be approximate, but the armor and cape, plus two katanas (though not tan, I think; I have black, light pearl grey, dark pearl grey, pearl gold, spring/ghost green, at least) would be there. Let me know.

sure man, no probs. only, I'm not sure if you'll mange to fit Legolas hair on armour and cape, you see. Go for the grey katanas.

44 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

sure man, no probs. only, I'm not sure if you'll mange to fit Legolas hair on armour and cape, you see. Go for the grey katanas.

It fits; he just looks like Batman and cannot turn his head, and so must turn his entire body to see anything...

1 minute ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

It fits; he just looks like Batman and cannot turn his head, and so must turn his entire body to see anything...

haha yes, was about to edit my post as I've just tried myself :wink: Don't worry about the armour, man; just go for the katanas, I'm happy to see Laesonar depicted as you see fit with your own style :classic: