Stash2Sixx

Rogue One movie discussion thread

Yea I thought I spotted Chopper too but wasn't sure. Going for a 3rd time tomorrow so will be on the lookout for that. 

It would be cool if the final episode(s) of Rebels also feature this scene but then from their point of view. Which would probably mean that Ezra and some other survive and have a chance to show up in other spinoffs or saga movies. 

Also, I think that Saw is a good May the Fourth Minifig but they probably go with something of the OT. 

Edited by Kevii23

26 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Chopper was in the movie!?!? Like you see him??

In terms of how Rebels could end, maybe a live action movie? If you look at the cast some of them are actually pretty close to their characters. 

Yep - he looks just like the one off Rebels Recon  (for the 1 second you see him). He does also make his distinctive noise. 

The humour was on point, my personal favourite was 'Are you kidding me? I'm blind.'

I'll post spoiler-containing comments in a bit, but by and far Rogue One lived up to the hype.

I don't really get all the hate for Force Awakens. Like yes they re-treaded stuff but it still told a different story. But I will agree that Rogue One > Force Awakens.

Not loving the movie overall, but I enjoyed the space battle for sure.

Were those Star Destroyers white?! *huh*

Lego thoughts: Still not buying any of the current wave of sets (I'll maybe BL some minifigs) but would seriously consider the following sets if they're ever made (or reasonably-sized MOCs thereof if EB can provide...):

1. Imperial cargo shuttle - looked kinda like a turtle to me, cool design.
  2. Hammerhead corvette - never watched the animated series but that plucky wee guy deserves some lego props for his heroics...
  3. Death Trooper TIE transporter thingy - looked like an Imperial equivalent of the U-Wing.
Edited by manglegrat

8 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Also spotted  

Hide contents

wreckage of the Ghost as the fleet jumps away from Scarif

NoooOoOOoOooOoooOoooo!

4 hours ago, manglegrat said:

Were those Star Destroyers white?! *huh*

The studio model (Devastator, after its slight upgrade to more closely match the other Imperial-II's in Empire) was pretty close to white under bright lights in the original. It looks almost the same color as Tantive IV in the shot where you see the whole of both ships from the front, especially in the non-color-corrected Team Negative One Silver Screen scan.

9 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

What are you talking about???? 

Okay, this is only for hardcore Whovians, but Richard Franklin plays one of Galen Urso's engineers.  No lines, but it's unmistakably him.

2 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

Okay, this is only for hardcore Whovians, but Richard Franklin plays one of Galen Urso's engineers.  No lines, but it's unmistakably him.

That's not at all a Doctor Who cameo....... That's like saying there was a Wreck It Ralph cameo by Alan Tudyk. But you can think what you want :grin:

51 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

That's not at all a Doctor Who cameo....... That's like saying there was a Wreck It Ralph cameo by Alan Tudyk. But you can think what you want :grin:

Wow.  Okay.  Whatever.

Am I the only one that finds that Death Troopers deserved more screen time? I'm slightly dissapointed they did not fight that much.

On the review side of things, the movie was really great, but also VERY dark. I wouldn't bring my kids see this movie, except if I wanted them to weep the whole final third of the movie. Big Kudos for killing everyone off, I didn't think they would have the balls to do it, even though it was really depressing. 

Some of the cameos were annoying, especially the Ponda Baba and R-2/3PO scenes. 

I would also love a "Vader and his rebel friends" corridor style set if you know what I mean.

Overall I'm REALLY impressed, some flaws in the first hour duing the build-up but heck the rest of the movie was insane. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Spoiler

I found Jyn and Cassian's final scene very bittersweet. Stumbling down to the beach, seeing the Death Star-generated impact on the horizon, hugging in their last moments of life before being engulfed by the explosion, dying in each other's arms. Quite an epic death, but although I expected them all to die, I hoped they would manage to escape even if they made it to Alderaan and only got a delayed death.

Well, as usual, my opinion is contrary to other SW fans. 

I liked TFA a LOT more than R1. 

Some of the events in R1 felt completely hokey, a LOT of the fan service felt forced, and I didn't even catch all of it. 

On 12/16/2016 at 3:55 PM, Richpepperell said:

Also spotted  

Hide contents

wreckage of the Ghost as the fleet jumps away from Scarif

Actually, this might be false info.  On Wookieepedia, on the Ghost's page, it does say it participated in the battle, but it survived and escaped.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

Edited by brickmasterben11

21 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

NoooOoOOoOooOoooOoooo!

Did admiral Reddus escaped or was he blasted to bits when Vader's destroyer jumped in? Looks like very few ships managed to escape...

On 17/12/2016 at 2:26 AM, Ashnflash said:

Nobody else has pointed this out anywhere else but I'm almost 100% sure that when the team is leaving Yavin 4 to go to Scarif. Over the speaker system you can hear Captain Syndulla being asked to report to the council.

On 16/12/2016 at 0:10 PM, Artanis I said:

Did you also hear the announcement after the big debate: "General Syndulla report to briefing"?

You didn't read my wall of text? I'm hurt!

1 hour ago, rollermonkey said:

a LOT of the fan service felt forced

I felt like that at times

Just saw it...WOW! Absolutely loved every bit. The first act was definitely a bit rough and scattered but still pretty dang good. The other two acts and especially the finale were beyond perfect! I live by the motto that a great war movie like a great horror film cannot have a happy ending. Did Rogue One deliver on that promise. 

After reading Catalyst and understanding Tarkin and Krennic's absolute loathing for each other, seeing Tarkin knowingly kill Krennic was actually rather satisfying. Seeing Krennic look up and realize the project he worked nearly his entire career producing was going to kill him was also a brilliant way to kill off a villain!  

That final scene with Vader will remain perhaps as one of the greatest in all of Star Wars!

I did not feel any of the fan service was forced at all. Sure the Ponda Baba one felt a little in your face but eh, whatever. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Did admiral Reddus escaped or was he blasted to bits when Vader's destroyer jumped in? Looks like very few ships managed to escape...

I highly, highly doubt it. Not only did the bulk of the rebel fleet not manage to escape but Admiral Raddus's flagship was crippled. 

Edited by Forresto

Just saw the movie online but not in the best quality but not really bad either. I really enjoyed the movie. The beginning and middle were good but I guess I was expecting more action. The Jedha fight was great. I don't mind that they bumped into the dr and Ponda baba. Saw Guerras death was ok to me but I expected him to go out with a bang. Eadu was good. Loved seeing Mustafar and Vaders sorta castle. Vader was great though I was expecting him to be in it a little bit more then he was. I loved the last scene with Vader killing all those rebels. Scarif was the best part. I really liked the sound the death troopers made. I think how they killed everyone of was good. The r2 and c3po cameo was great. CGI Tarkin was not bad. CGI Leia was not that bad but could have been a little better. I hope Raddus survived as he is not listed dead on wookiepedia. The CTT cameo was great. Overall I really liked the movie although it did not have a lot of action as I had hoped. The last 30 min was definitely the best part and the space battle was great. I hope we get that death trooper transport as a set. Krennic was good but I guess he wasn't all what I expected him to be like.

Wasn't Leia's ship docked on Raddus' ship? If so he was destroyed... I really liked Raddus though :)

I also like how the movie was really open, we get a lot of inner city shots, markets. We see a truck-ton of aliens, characters and a sense of grandeur, unlike TFA which almost had a claustrophobic athmosphere. 

Sets wise they have a TRUCK TON of material to work with, plenty of missing characters too ( Galen Erso, Saw Guerrera and his rebel bunch )

Edited by RetroInferno

12 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Just saw the movie online but not in the best quality but not really bad either. I really enjoyed the movie. The beginning and middle were good but I guess I was expecting more action. The Jedha fight was great. I don't mind that they bumped into the dr and Ponda baba. Saw Guerras death was ok to me but I expected him to go out with a bang. Eadu was good. Loved seeing Mustafar and Vaders sorta castle. Vader was great though I was expecting him to be in it a little bit more then he was. I loved the last scene with Vader killing all those rebels. Scarif was the best part. I really liked the sound the death troopers made. I think how they killed everyone of was good. The r2 and c3po cameo was great. CGI Tarkin was not bad. CGI Leia was not that bad but could have been a little better. I hope Raddus survived as he is not listed dead on wookiepedia. The CTT cameo was great. Overall I really liked the movie although it did not have a lot of action as I had hoped. The last 30 min was definitely the best part and the space battle was great. I hope we get that death trooper transport as a set. Krennic was good but I guess he wasn't all what I expected him to be like.

Why did you pirate it?

Also I'd like to adress back the issue with the Death Troopers, they basically kill the remainning rebel troops on the ground in a few moments, then Chirrut proceeds to link the array, then there's a huge explosion which I can't identify the source from???

The explosion kills him and blast all the Death Troopers, which Baze finishes off. Not Boba fett or Phasma kind of lame but meh. 

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

then Chirrut proceeds to link the array, then there's a huge explosion which I can't identify the source from???

It was from a grenade. You see it being tossed in to the shuttle a few seconds before exploding. 

What was the thing the "Troopers" said was getting retired. All I can remember is TK______ something. (I am guessing it is a "hover tank".)