2 hours ago, charlesw said:

There's a review of 42064 / Ocean Explorer Boat on BrickSet : http://brickset.com/article/25485/review-42064-ocean-explorer

lots of whiners on that thread, imo this is a rather important set for technic fans and parts buyers....and here is why:

31738869565_9d62bd333c_b.jpg

BAM!....need i say more?....41999 mocers rejoice!, first timers can now aquire several of the rare/exclusive parts at the reasonable cost. no more €4-10 PER part bs.

also, we've only had one previous technic ship, ok....so it dosent do much, it hasent got technic features or functions....but it looks great and is a top parts pack.

14 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

there is alot of the superior complexity bs and backseat modding going on in this forum....imo this forum has quite a few very rude members.

42059 in White:

Another 42065 review:

Edited by Richard Dower

Is it to early to ask if someone has some info about second half sets?

:look:

1 minute ago, charlesw said:

No yet. We will have more informations at the Nuremberg Toy Fair early february :wink:

We see almost finished models (or prototypes in final evolition stages) at Nuremberg Toy Fair, but info "leaks" usually earlier...

6 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

there is alot of the superior complexity bs and backseat modding going on in this forum....imo this forum has quite a few very rude members.

#1 If I mod a model, I don't share it on EB, mainly because my mods are very simple and not worth the time or effort to take pics of or post, not like the members who are superiorly talented in this forum.

#2 where was I rude?  I don't bash or come off this way.  Yes, I replied to a vid that Sariel posted, all of his vids are excellent and have helped me decide if I really want a set or not.  Many times, he has saved me money by watching them.  I merely did ask if the bucket on the 42061 Telehandler reached the ground.  Upon finding that Sariel had video reviewed it answered my question.  

#3 Superior complexity bs?  This one I don't even understand where it came from.  I have never come off being 'superior' cause I'm not.  I just build 'em as instructed and occasionally find a way to improve on them.  

I don't even know if this was directed towards me or not honestly.  If you happen to have an issue with me, I would really appreciate it if you would message me instead of quoting something I may have said (and btw the quote box was empty, that is why I question whether this was a mistake and was directed at me) and making me 'look bad' to all other members. I am mainly just a lurker, but when I do reply or ask a question, such as simply wondering if anybody knew when 1H2017 sets would be available in the US, I think it is a fair question or if I make a comment about a stock model, I have my rights as a long-standing member of this forum.  

Maybe, if you think a lot of members are very rude, why not just ignore them instead of wasting your time??  Just a suggestion.

But, like I said, I don't think I was rude about any one thing.  I do believe I left 1 message wondering about availability of 1H sets, and another about whether the 42061's bucket touched the ground.  

I would appreciate a moderator/regulator removing the quote you may or may not have meant for me, I do think it was an error.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DarkShadow73 said:

#1 If I mod a model, I don't share it on EB, mainly because my mods are very simple and not worth the time or effort to take pics of or post, not like the members who are superiorly talented in this forum.

#2 where was I rude?  I don't bash or come off this way.  Yes, I replied to a vid that Sariel posted, all of his vids are excellent and have helped me decide if I really want a set or not.  Many times, he has saved me money by watching them.  I merely did ask if the bucket on the 42061 Telehandler reached the ground.  Upon finding that Sariel had video reviewed it answered my question.  

#3 Superior complexity bs?  This one I don't even understand where it came from.  I have never come off being 'superior' cause I'm not.  I just build 'em as instructed and occasionally find a way to improve on them.  

I don't even know if this was directed towards me or not honestly.  If you happen to have an issue with me, I would really appreciate it if you would message me instead of quoting something I may have said (and btw the quote box was empty, that is why I question whether this was a mistake and was directed at me) and making me 'look bad' to all other members. I am mainly just a lurker, but when I do reply or ask a question, such as simply wondering if anybody knew when 1H2017 sets would be available in the US, I think it is a fair question or if I make a comment about a stock model, I have my rights as a long-standing member of this forum.  

Maybe, if you think a lot of members are very rude, why not just ignore them instead of wasting your time??  Just a suggestion.

But, like I said, I don't think I was rude about any one thing.  I do believe I left 1 message wondering about availability of 1H sets, and another about whether the 42061's bucket touched the ground.  

I would appreciate a moderator/regulator removing the quote you may or may not have meant for me, I do think it was an error.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DarkShadow73 said:

i wasnt attacking you...i was defending you, i was talking about the other posters that were attacking you....the lack of UNBIASED modding, certain mods have favourites and defend them or just let them get away with anything they want.

of course....you cant say anything, anything you do gets deleted...or they quote the rules at you and say, go to pm if you have an issue...this is not a democracy....LOL!, i love that one.

11 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

3 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

of course....you cant say anything, anything you do gets deleted...or they quote the rules at you and say, go to pm if you have an issue...this is not a democracy....LOL!, i love that one.

This is not the topic to discuss your issues with the staff.  I recommend continuing this conversation in the Rude Moderators Topic. Please stay on topic.  

Speed Build of 42064. It has many interesting pieces and the price tag is amazing. The model looks good. I am just disappointed by the functions. They are too simple for a 1300 pieces set

I think it looks great. I think play value is great. Kids will love it. And considering that this is not even H1 flagship, and it has 1300parts, there is very little to complain about.

Maybe...wheels make it look hover too high about surface....maybe...different kind of ship would offer more possibilities for functions (maybe fishing trawler with reels, ropes, nets, openable hull and bunch of City fish (like BWE had "rocks")...maybe.

Anyway. I like it. :thumbup:

The Chinese have already copied the new Technic sets, clones of the Container Yard already out....also, a clone of 41999. And someone you YT bought the White 911 GT with Red rims.

8 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

The Chinese have already copied the new Technic sets, clones of the Container Yard already out....also, a clone of 41999. And someone you YT bought the White 911 GT with Red rims.

This is not the place to discuss Clone Brands. Let's keep that in the Community forum, or somewhere else :wink: 

About the  Lego Technic 42065 RC Tracked Race , I mentioned some pages ago that it would be a joy for the KIDs to play with it haven't I ? :) It is just a spectacular set with a lot of play-ability, I just wonder if the final price could really be a bit lower as I think it is a bit to expensive in some markets ... OK, in UK, USA or Germany it is reasonable but in Poland it still is a quite a lot of money to put in a toy :( 

30 minutes ago, AOW said:

I mentioned some pages ago that it would be a joy for the KIDs to play with it haven't I ? :)

Hey, not just for kids; I wanna whizz one around too :B

The main obstacle though for me buying the thing is not necessarily the price, but the fact that I have no fewer than

• 8 AA batteryboxes
  • 6 IR remotes
  • 6 IR receivers
  • 10 M motors

I can't really justify getting loads more of these unless I get hooked on GBCs, maybe

Edited by Gnac
forgot the newline trick and submitted too early, gah

18 minutes ago, AOW said:

About the  Lego Technic 42065 RC Tracked Race , I mentioned some pages ago that it would be a joy for the KIDs to play with it haven't I ? :) It is just a spectacular set with a lot of play-ability, I just wonder if the final price could really be a bit lower as I think it is a bit to expensive in some markets ... OK, in UK, USA or Germany it is reasonable but in Poland it still is a quite a lot of money to put in a toy :( 

Unfortunately, that will always be the case. The prices are more or less comparable across the world but the income in each country is not. For the West, Lego is I would say reasonably priced. For Eastern Europe and the like, it is significantly more expensive but still affordable. But going further East (or South for that matter) the price becomes way too high compared to the income. Since you're from Poland you will know, but just to illustrate it for others, the average yearly income in Czech Republic is around 12000$ making it hard to justify buying bigger Lego sets. And that's smack in the middle of Europe.

Lego can't do much about that, since arbitrage exists. If you priced it too low in say India, people would just buy obscene amounts in India and sell them in the US for profit. The only way I can see this working is if more sets are like the Porsche - the version sold in Czech Republic includes the text in the manual/book in Czech. Trying to sell a German version (which is slightly cheaper) will not meet with much demand as people want the text in Czech, especially when giving it as a gift (which is common due to the price). If you made the book in one language only (and not include English everywhere), you would have some room to adjust prices based on the local market. But in the end, the main attraction are still the Lego pieces, which will be the same everywhere.

So I try to look at it like this - the price in US is reasonable and everyone else is just a victim of global inequality. But I suppose that's a topic for a different thread.

As for the 42065, I can now see the appeal even for the price. I've had my family (with young children) visit over the holidays and the time the children can spend playing with "simple" Lego functions is astonishing. But in the end, it's a matter of pieces I would say. The children won't care that it's not the same color/exact build as on the official set - so I can easily put a similar thing together with my existing parts and then take it apart when they inevitably get bored with it. The only reason I can see myself purchasing it is to give it as a gift to a 8-10 year old. Older children in my experience aren't satisfied with the limited range, and younger children won't care if it's put together from parts. That's why I prefer sets to have at least some display value - so that I have something nice to look at inbetween the play sessions.

Now the Air Race Jet is at LEGO online shop availeble. There is a new picture from the site and information abut the model. The only steering funktion are rudders, the flaps on the wings go only downwords for landing. I think this is really sad, because real jets steer mainly with ailerons and elevator (or elevons). The RC version of F--35 has even no rudders. So I  think swooshing around is more fun with the fire or cargo plane than with the Air race jet. http://mojeklocki24.pl/8416-thickbox_default/lego-4206-odrzutowiec.jpg

I think an airobatics version of the f-22 Raptor would be much better, It looks cooler and If you connect the ailerons with the elevator and add thrust vectoring, you get the perfect jet for swooshing around. I dont like the power functions in this set, because they make it heavy. In other airplane sets are retracts operated manually, which makes them faster. And I dont know why lego dont make military sets, Star Wars is the same.

Look at this. This is an airplane set I want.

24 minutes ago, porsche911bestcarever said:

And I dont know why lego dont make military sets, Star Wars is the same.

Because kids aren't likely to see stormtroopers, AT-ATs or starfighters in real life. But I bet this subject has already been discussed to death on a zillion other threads around here, so no need to beat that dead horse again here.

12 hours ago, AOW said:

Do you have the price of the 42065 in US dollars?  I haven't seen it here in the US and local TRU's, the Lego store, and on S@H.  I hope we get those sets soon, that is definitely one I want and I just wonder what the price will be on it considering it only has about 360-370 pcs.  I'm looking for the Air Race Jet (42066) as well.  That set just looks awesome. 

On 28/12/2016 at 9:00 PM, J_C said:

I think it looks great. I think play value is great. Kids will love it. And considering that this is not even H1 flagship, and it has 1300parts, there is very little to complain about.

Maybe...wheels make it look hover too high about surface....maybe...different kind of ship would offer more possibilities for functions (maybe fishing trawler with reels, ropes, nets, openable hull and bunch of City fish (like BWE had "rocks")...maybe.

Anyway. I like it. :thumbup:

The 2017 sets seem more aimed at kids, it is almost as if 2016 was too adult for the Technic line, like the brass stepped in and said...stop making adult Technic sets, we want sets for kids. So the container yeard, search ship and tracked vehicle all seem more in City sets then technic.

I don't think it's fair to say that before we see the 2H sets. 

Looking back, 2016 2H seems like a perfect 40 year anniversary lineup. You get the biggest piece count ever, the first licensed supercar, a pneumatic piece of construction equipment and a motorized farm equipment. It will be very hard to top (or even match) it for 2017 and if they don't, it will really leave a weird taste in my mouth, with being such a nice rounded anniversary.

The BrickFan blog is reporting some teasers for a "new play experience" that will be revealed on January 4th.  They are speculating a replacement for the EV3.  The second video clip does suggest that, unless PF 2.0 will feature programmable sensors. 

The video confirms that the upper and lower doors of the front stabilizer PLUS the rudders are motorized in sync with the tail bum.