WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71012 LEGO Minifigures - Disney Series 1

LEGO Minifigures Disney Series 1  

155 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Disney Series 1?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Disney Series 1?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
  5. 5. Does it matter if I continue work on this traditional LEGO CMFs reviewing project?

• 1 - Yes, it matters and I would like you to continue
    • 2 - Neutral, it does not matter to me
    • 3 - No, I can read it elsewhere

Thanks for another awesome review, Whitefang! :wub:

I would like to see comparisons of the old and the new alien from Toy Story as well as both Buzz'es like you did with the genie.

For the series itself I'm going to skip more than half of it, on the one hand I don't know some characters on the other hand I simply dislike them. :look:

But it's good to see the numbers of the included minifigs don't vary any more: All figures are included at least 3 times with 6 spares. :thumbup:

Thank you for the nice review.

About your reviews, I think you are the only one who does a good job of reviewing them all.

Maybe some people on youtube do this too, but I've never seen them doing the whole set.

I'm very pleased to see the balance of minifigs in the box is better, not like the regular figures where you sometimes get 6 of 1 figure. The odds from a lucky dip are more in our favour.

Whilst I still like many of the figures, I'm hoping they include Winnie the Pooh characters (especially Tigger) in Disney Round 2,

I bought another Alice and this one doesn't have the clutch issue with the dress or hair that the other one did.

I got Hook and Pan too (hat is slightly misprinted). It's weird that Hook's foot printing goes all the way to the bottom but it doesn't for Alice and several others.

I wonder if everyone else finds Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy's heads too big for minifigs. Would it have benefited them if Lego them like Chima?

Thank you very much for this great review, WhiteFang! :classic:

1. I rate this Disney series as Below Average since the characters look like they should look like - but getting them in Lego is imo really weird and doesn't look good! :thumbdown:

2. I find this review very helpful and useful - high quality review from you like always.

3. It makes no difference to me which distribution allocation number this series has.

4. Yes, I prefer the traditional Collectible Minifigure Series without licenses!

5. I would like you to continue on those great reviews of the Collectible Minifigure Series!

Maybe I'll try to get some Donald Duck minifigs because of the "shorts" pants. But apart from that I'll pass on this series!

Klaus-Dieter

With respect to a sealed box of 60, is there a random distribution or is it "rigged"?

The reason I ask is:

• the probability of getting 3 complete sets from 60 minifies, assuming equal probability of each, is about .0000045.
  • 59 random bags give about a 0.5 probability of getting one of each of 18.
  • 80 random bags give about a 0.8 chance of getting one of each of 18.

So either buying a sealed box requires some luck to get at least one of each (much less 3) OR a sealed box is pre-packaged to contain at least some minimum quantity of each design. Maybe I'm living under a rock (first time poster), but which is it?

It is always, always, always the same distribution per box of 60 figures if it has been untouched. If the distribution is off, then somebody went through it.

Edited by telaruhn

They most likely will. I'm taking that as a given! :grin:

There were a couple dozen blind bags left at my LEGO store today at lunch. The employee said the line was out the door yesterday. I stopped at Target on the way home from the mall and asked about them only to be handed an entire unopened box of them from the stock room that they had not realized was supposed to be out. There was a moment where $240 was almost charged to my credit card, but I felt a few and found what I wanted and left.

It looks like this will be a popular series. I think the moldings are good and the characters are widely accurate and recognizable. If I could change just one about them, it would be to make the Chesire cat's teeth glow in the dark.

Excellent review. I'd like to see more of these reviews in the future.

I picked up a few of these minifigures today. I must admit, when I heard of a Disney series, I wasn't very excited, but now I got my hands on a few and they are great! Mickey is in the right proportions, accurate and a nice figure to have and Alice and Maleficent are great and useful. So, it's better than expected.

Tough I'm more for the "normal" CMF seies, and would have liked Mulan in this sery, I think the design to be prett good

I got 26 packs today and my result was 14 out of 18 im sooo disappointed and feeling really low at the moment im missing Donald , buzz , captain hook and syndrome , I honestly thought I picked up buzz and I don't feel like I should spend any more money on them so im begging all over for someone to give me spares of the 4 im missing im tired of being screwed over by life

It looks like this will be a popular series. I think the moldings are good and the characters are widely accurate and recognizable. If I could change just one about them, it would be to make the Chesire cat's teeth glow in the dark.

Yes this will be a popular series as you have the Union of 2 fandoms, LEGO and Disney and the latter is much, much larger and a very rabbid fanbase. Just look at all the D23 conventions.

Came out 2 days ago in my region... Nowhere to be found already. I was hoping to get some of the more common ones... Anyway, I am not happy with the consistency of the paint and prints. It seems like quality check is not as good as before.

These days I bought Ursula's mini figure in Billund and I'll use it as a ship figure for my "Sunset Mirage" ship. Which of the above figures do you like most of all?

Came out 2 days ago in my region... Nowhere to be found already. I was hoping to get some of the more common ones... Anyway, I am not happy with the consistency of the paint and prints. It seems like quality check is not as good as before.

Toys R Us got 8 boxes on Saturday and sold out in a matter of hours. No clue when they're supposed to get more. Target/Walmart etc. nowhere to be found (whether because they don't have them or sold out already, who knows).

Yes this will be a popular series as you have the Union of 2 fandoms, LEGO and Disney and the latter is much, much larger and a very rabbid fanbase. Just look at all the D23 conventions.

Yep.