Sign in to follow this  
Rolli

[MOC] Steampunk AT-AT: The All Terrain Aristocratic Traveler

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The All Terrain Aristocratic Traveler

The next round in the Moc Madness over on fbtb was walkers.

I hereby proudly present the work of three days of madness, very little sleep and one crazy idea that started everything: What if someone mashed up AT-ATs with the Orient Express?

"You want to visit Hoth without getting your feet cold? You’d like to watch Banthas on Tatooine but hate the idea of sand on your cloths? You want to travel in luxury and style?

Wait no further and visit one of our travel agencies and book your amazing journey on one of our AT-ATs. Luxury travel on 4 feet!“

14738458940_715ea72e23_c.jpg

Decided to also produce a leaflet with some detail shots showcasing the interior. Might went a bit overboard but what the heck (view it on flickr for a better quality):

14738552417_74c27b1129_c.jpg

Thanks for viewing and best of luck to all the other seven remaining contestants! Looking forward to some amazing builds - may the steam be with you!

Markus

I've never been a big fan of steampunk, but I can appreciate the creativity that goes into a MOC.

This is probably the best one I've seen. I love it! Great color choices, excellent interior detail, and I really like how it's not just an AT-AT in different colors; it's been totally redesigned.

Lost for words! This is by far the best, most ambitious 'Steam Wars' MOC I've seen!

It feels a bit like something out of Howls Moving Castle or Laputa: Castles in the Sky - but also very fresh and orignal.

Congrats on a great job!

Just amazing! Very impressed by the inclusion of a full interior, too. I can see that the kitchen and sleeping quarters are next to each other, is there anything inside the lowest level besides the cannon?

Creative and fancy. Very impressive, and with such a time limit at that!.. I applaud your madness :thumbup:

Couldn't help but notice: "AT-AT Limitedtm cannot be held responsible for random Rebel-steered steamspeeder attacks or local flora and fauna" - You lawyer scums! :laugh:

Edited by Niloc

What a great build, Rolli! I love thr color scheme!

The best part about this build is that instead of the dirty, grimy, machiney (is that even a word?) look commonly associated with SP you've made something upscale and classy!

Like your other MOCs I love the part usage; the plumes are a very creative solution.

Good luck!

Absolutely stunning! Really love the way this has been carried out and steampunked. Looks just as though it already exists and you have simply transformed it into bricks!

This is probably the best one I've seen. I love it!

Lost for words! This is by far the best, most ambitious 'Steam Wars' MOC I've seen!

Wow! I got a new steam punk favorite :thumbup: .

Thanks for the kind words, guys, really appreciated it! :blush:

Is there anything inside the lowest level besides the cannon?

No, unfortunately not. I needed to hide the frame and the supports somewhere :wink:

I applaud your madness :thumbup:

[...]

You lawyer scums! :laugh:

I think I might put that quote on my wall :laugh: - and yay, somebody noticed :wink:

[...] you've made something upscale and classy!

Thats exactly what I had in mind. I already did the same with my entry in the round before and loved the style so much that I wanted to do more. Classy steampunk for the win! :thumbup:

Please win this competition :laugh: Seriously, this looks epic! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will try my best, Sir! :laugh: Thanks!

Ahhh rolli!!!

You have also build an AT-AT :classic: .

Stunning work on the MOC! Like the idea with the The All Terrain Aristocratic Traveler :wink: and the interio is great too!

Really good work and thumps up for you!

markus

This must be going viral or something, as it has shown up on my bookface crawl from people who aren't Lego fans.

It did, I guess. The guys on reddit treated it with close to 1.400 points which seems to be quite something. Never expected it.. :wacko: And from there it got to Facebook and whatever..

Amazing and inspired build! I always like when Steampunkifying a vehicle goes beyond adding details and results in an entirely new vehicle. And if that has beautiful details, well, that won't hurt! The legs and the interior are really nice. I like the way the mechanics are still subtly visible in the right places. And the use of inverted plates as decoration is genius: it gives the impression of being a structural element, and yet it has a decorating quality, especially if you apply those... fancy thingies. I'm not sure if I enjoy the big amount of studs showing through. I kind of associate it with damage and deterioration, which isn't quite suitable for such a classy vehicle. But let's blame that on the tight schedule :laugh: .

Yes, the attention paid to details is amazing. The fact that you made removable sides is that as well. There are just some details missing. Maybe it would be nice for the driver to have the opportunity to get out of that cockpit... And it would be interesting to have the amount of stars displayed, as a sort of promotion. So there are some things that could be added, but you already took care of the majority. I always appreciate if a MOC makes sense, and that seems a bit lacking with some Steampunk creations. But here, I get the picture (things like the ladder for access are really nice, although not overly luxorious :wink: ), so good job. Keep it up in the next two rounds!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very nice !! Very Steampunk!, Love the Observation deck and the smokers lounge! Good work Rolli!