Lord Vladivus

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat B: Dunholt Tower

Dunholt Tower. Recently reoccupied in the face of the Drow invasion, it is acting as a staging post for the defenders of Avalonia.

14418960204_ecd879a713_c.jpg

Elves and humans guard the tower, taking up arms alongside one another against the Drow.

14233488670_6af6d83373_c.jpg

Wooden stakes, heading to Nalderic to be used in palisade fortifications.

14396971876_eb8e0707ff_c.jpg

A knight surveys the land from the tower's top.

14440265153_9dff59f18d_c.jpg

An Elven warrior patrols the area.

14233430109_fc4447996b_c.jpg

Lords of Avalonia meet to discuss the offensives coming.

14233485778_fe5c21e88b_c.jpg

My entry for Cat B, team Simon. C+c welcome. I apologise for the quality of the photos- if I get time, I'll replace them. I got sand in the finer workings of my camera, so it's a bit hit and miss and I'm still learning the ins and outs of photo editing software.

Cool tower, I like how it twists :thumbup: The black and red section towards the top looks a little odd to me, maybe because the stone continues again above it.

Great landscape, the tree and path are sweet :classic:

Great work LV! Like mentioned above the stone path and landscaping are superb. The tower is nicely done - I love the crumbled, worn look to it. This definitely has a lot of details to enjoy. My only nitpick would be that the red part of the tower looks slightly out of place but besides that, perfect job!

Cheers guys! I do agree about the red section- I added an extra stone section in, which I made the same size of the red section, whereas the red section had initially been larger- it blends in a bit too much now. Benefit of hindsight- the pictures have highlighted a few flaws for me.

Really nice build Lord Vladivus, i like how imposing the tower looks and the ground texturing and foliage is great too. :thumbup: I agree with SK about the red section, although i think it would look alright if it was kind of like a protruding alcolve that was confined to a smaller area of that side of the tower, kind of like in DC's Tower of the Damned? Anyway, i hope your camera gets better soon, sand certainly doesn't play well with camera insides!

@Gabe, I hadn't seen DC's tower I don't think, that would've worked better. Food for thought, and ideas to play around with!

Cheers for the comments guys!

Nice tower! The texture on the red wall part is very nice. And the peasant sitting on the back of the cart is perfectly posed, great job!

Good stuff Vladdy! I'm really liking the Avalonian version of you...minus the tights :sick:

Cheers guys!

@Kayne. I only wore tights once, and my leg hairs poked through. I'm never wearing tights again.

Haha, I know who inspired you with this red/black colorsheme! BTW, nice landscaping!

Looks good LV! Some really great ground texture and the path is looking superb! I agree with others about the red part seems out of place and Gabe had an excellent suggestion to that I think.

To bad about the photos though! :( Hope the camera is getting better soon! ;)

Beautiful tower LV, I really like the section you made with the red plates. The top of the tree is nice idea too.. Ground texturing is very beautiful too!

This is s very nice build LV. The colour blocking is very nicely done both on the stone and plaster areas (yes I see the influence there too kabel!). The landscaping and overall composition are good but I agree with previous comments on the architecture, though it is nicely realized.

That looks like a very aged tower where every few decades, men build another level :D Very nicely done :D

I like your build and there are a lot of things going for it, so please don't get me wrong when I say it seems a little less amazing than your usual builds. It's just little things like the solid orange brink in the red colored, mostly plate, wall and the way the minifigs mostly look like LotR figs with yellow heads and hands thrown on. But overall I love the foliage and I love the texturing on the tower!