Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

The Swift Wing landed in Barqa a few days later than expected due to lower winds than usual. While aboard, Osric helped as a deck hand as the captain saw fit. It had been a while since he had been aboard a ship, but he remembered enough to fulfill his duties. Even though summers in Oros could get very hot, the heat in Kalphlin was sweltering. Upon landing, Osric sought out the High Council representative at the import office on the harbor. The representative was amazed that Osric was offering to sell the food and supplies at such a low price. Because of the Great Disturbance and the war following after, food in Kaliphlin was very scarce, and most traders were asking for enormously inflated prices. Before leaving harbor, Osric informed the captain of how drastic the shortage of food really was, so that his father Lord Orys could plan to send more food immediately.

Osric left with Christine in search of a camel stable that offered camels for sale that Osric was told about after asking at the import office. As they walked, Osric couldn’t shake an uneasy feeling, that he was being watched by everyone, and that someone was hiding in every shadow. Osric hoped there was nothing to it, and that he was just not used to the cultural differences in Kaliphlin. Regardless, they were able to find the camel stable fairly quickly, and promptly purchased two camels before setting off on the Oil Road for Ruadh.

16728954774_2f534c25d2_c.jpg

17349559822_68450b53f2_c.jpg

My second Kaliphlin build! Kaliphlin is a bit tricky for me to build still, but I think I'm getting it a little better. My current problem is my selection of tan pieces. As per Gideon's suggestion, I tried to follow his pattern for the streets of Barqa as closely as I could. While I don't think it's quite as nice as his, I do think it's recognizable as Barqa. C&C is welcome as always!

Edited by MiloNelsiano

That is a beautiful little build - and nice to see something not for the challenge! :thumbup:

You have packed a lot of nice details into this small build, and I particularly like the awning and the watering trough for the camels.

I think you hit the mark pretty well with your Barqan roads, although I wonder if it wouldn't be more obvious, if you had included sidewalk on both sides. :classic:

And I have got to ask about those helmets :tongue:

Yes, this is a very good scene. Despite everything being square it's very neat and clean. The building looks very good and the awning is a nice touch. The camels, railing and water trough look great in that setting. I really like the road textures - are the brown rounds supposed to be camel dung? The helmets make a very interesting border. Very good build.

Excellent build Milo, the camels and their water trough look great and I really like the trapdoor on the roof! I also really like the use of helmets for the border! :thumbup:

Excellent texturing on the wall and road MN, great job with this build! The helmets in the front make for a nice and interesting border as well! :thumbup::classic:

Nice work! The building is really good, and I like how you incorporated several recognizable features to identify this as Barqua. I'm not sure about the helmets for the border, it seems like a huge waste of parts that could be used for figs( as least personally I don't have many of those headgear pieces. It might have look better if they were sort of indented into the stone instead of just lying out in the open

Welcome to Barqa! I like the small house very much, and the water trough looks nice as well :classic:

What a clean, simple and very pleasing build. I really like the camel water depot part (sorry don't know what else to call it)

Superb build! I like the half stud offset section around the top of the building, and the helmets on the front of the border look great :thumbup:

Sweet hitching post too :classic:

Thanks to all for the feedback!

That is a beautiful little build - and nice to see something not for the challenge! :thumbup:

You have packed a lot of nice details into this small build, and I particularly like the awning and the watering trough for the camels.

I think you hit the mark pretty well with your Barqan roads, although I wonder if it wouldn't be more obvious, if you had included sidewalk on both sides. :classic:

And I have got to ask about those helmets :tongue:

Thanks. I originally planned to have the sidewalk on both sides, but ran out of tan tiles.The helmets were supposed to be representative of the four guilds. I just wanted to try something a little different for this border, since it was a rather boring square border.

Yes, this is a very good scene. Despite everything being square it's very neat and clean. The building looks very good and the awning is a nice touch. The camels, railing and water trough look great in that setting. I really like the road textures - are the brown rounds supposed to be camel dung? The helmets make a very interesting border. Very good build.

The brown round pieces are also seen in Gideon's "Streets of Barqa" scene, and I believe they were supposed to be dung, so I thought it would be fitting to have them in front of a camel stable as well. (By the way, where are you going to be joining GOH? :wink: )

Nice work! The building is really good, and I like how you incorporated several recognizable features to identify this as Barqua. I'm not sure about the helmets for the border, it seems like a huge waste of parts that could be used for figs( as least personally I don't have many of those headgear pieces. It might have look better if they were sort of indented into the stone instead of just lying out in the open

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a waste of parts, as they will be put on figs as I need them, but I agree about having them indented into the stone, as that was my original plan. However, I would have then needed to raise the border, which I didn't really want to do as it was already three bricks high.