Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

Osric had once again returned to Oros. He had stabled his horse before walking down the streets in search of his father. He had pondered what to do with the book since finding it in the Mitgardian farmstead. He thought his father should be notified at once and then it would have to be destroyed. He passed the farm his father worked at on his way into town so thought to look in some of the taverns. Late in the harvest as it was, he was often found relaxing in a tavern, interacting with the people of Oros.

As he approached an inn with a popular tavern that Orys frequented, Osric heard someone approaching him from behind. He turned as his gaze was met by an old man dressed in gray. The man smiled at Osric and began to speak, “Hello, Osric. I’ve been very anxious to meet you.”

“How is it that you know me?” Osric asked, “and who, may I ask, are you?”

The man smiled again and paused a moment before answering, “I have been watching your journey from its infancy, and have been trying to guide you as much as I could. My brethren and I have been very anxious since Daemeon discovered the ancient Book of Knowledge’s hidden location. I am a Druid, and a member of the Council of Nine. Most people believe the Druids to have disappeared completely, though once in a great while you may meet one. However, very few of the remaining Druids have even heard of the Council of Nine. We wish to remain hidden, as we always have.”

Osric’s thoughts were swimming. A council of Druids? he thought, trying to make sense of it all. The Druids had always tried to protect Historica, and had vanished in the creating of the Elemental Helm, which had been forged to protect the land. “Why did the council not disappear with the rest of the Druids?” he finally asked.

“The council has always been kept separate from the rest of the Druids. We have existed so that we may act when Historica is at risk, and when no one else is able to save it. The Druids used the knowledge found within the book you carry to create the Elemental Helm as well as their other magical artifacts. When they disappeared we hid the book in an ancient library and sealed off its chamber for it to be forgotten. At that time we did so to preserve our ancient magic so it could be revealed if Historica were ever in grave danger. However, after Revolword and Daemeon’s actions it is clear to us that the ancient knowledge itself is Historica’s biggest threat, and only after destroying the book containing it’s secrets will Historica truly be safe.”

“Then it shall be destroyed,” Osric said quickly. “Such power is far too dangerous for even those with the best of intentions.”

“You are wise indeed, Osric Farwind,” the Druid answered with a smile. “We were right to put our trust in you for this quest, and I’m glad Historica is being protected by so many men like you. If there were not, Revolword would not have fallen. I must leave you now, but take heart in your victory over Daemeon. While the rest of Historica may not understand what you’ve accomplished, you can rest assured that they are safe for now. There will always be trouble, you must only keep the resolve to overcome.”

The man then turned and began to walk away. As he did so, he began to fade away into thin air. Osric was still puzzled by the man, but he did try to heed his parting advice. He then went straight back to the castle and threw the book into the hearth of the main hall. He decided he would inform his father of the book, but to only say that he had destroyed it out of fear of the devastation it could cause. He did not believe his father would believe him if he mentioned the Druid, but then again, he probably wouldn’t have believed it himself.

23005141151_c2a2ef786b_c.jpg

22601844009_10b667f6d8_c.jpg

22601842819_b439eb6e00_c.jpg

22372866803_a6545122d0_c.jpg

22575728708_a97f3ea3bd_c.jpg

23005135021_27e3164c8c_c.jpg

22575725358_1eabcaa887_c.jpg

22805982100_ae8d075fbb_c.jpg

22601833089_79f329a8eb_c.jpg

Well, that wraps this story up! I really hope you've enjoyed it, I certainly did. Sorry about the photography, I had to wait quite a while to take pictures because the weather has not been cooperative. I'm really thinking about trying to set up and indoor studio! Anyway, C&C is welcome as always!

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Really cool House, Nice wall-techniques, roof and timbered section, but the interior is very Nice too!

Kinda dissappointed to see this end. Your story sets have improved with each build, and story really rounded out Osrics character quite nicely. Looking forward to what you come up with in the future. ill probably take some time to reread this in the future, as it reminds me of a work one castle builder did years back. Great work.

Pictures look fine to me... :look:

I'd say the only flaw with this is that the inn might be a bit top-heavy. I really like the incorporation of a interior and the wooden beams on the side. :thumbup:

Great conclusion to your ongoing saga. I really like your approach to having several rooms, but not having the dividing walls be full height :thumbup:

The half stud offset, and use of crates in the woodwork make for a pretty building :classic:

Really cool House, Nice wall-techniques, roof and timbered section, but the interior is very Nice too!

Thank you!

Nice detailing! I like the tiled floor. Keep it up!

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Kinda dissappointed to see this end. Your story sets have improved with each build, and story really rounded out Osrics character quite nicely. Looking forward to what you come up with in the future. ill probably take some time to reread this in the future, as it reminds me of a work one castle builder did years back. Great work.

I'm glad you've enjoyed it. I thought the story had run it's course at this point. I had originally wanted this to go through the four guilds, and to build in a lot of other people's cities or with other people's sig figs. While I succeeded in the first goal, I gave the second one up part way through. All in all I'm satisfied with the story, and you'll likely see more from Osric in the future (Book 3?).

Pictures look fine to me... :look:

I'd say the only flaw with this is that the inn might be a bit top-heavy. I really like the incorporation of a interior and the wooden beams on the side. :thumbup:

I appreciate the feedback. Looking at them now, the pictures do look better than I originally thought, but they're still a little dark in places, and the one of the bar seems...somehow strange.

Nice interior!

Thanks!

Great conclusion to your ongoing saga. I really like your approach to having several rooms, but not having the dividing walls be full height :thumbup:

The half stud offset, and use of crates in the woodwork make for a pretty building :classic:

I'm glad you liked it! The dividing walls were difficult, and in the other bedroom I had more furniture built, but I couldn't get a shot of the room. The attic wasn't planned until I read the CCC division descriptions and I decided the inn needed a ghost in the attic.

Nice conclusion to the story, Milo, and thank you for your service for Historica! :wink:

The inn is looking great too, inside and out. While it may be a bit top-heavy, I really like the roof and the way you made the tudor walls! :thumbup: