Looks interesting! I'm not sure: is the claw operated by string of by that knob wheel on its side? The boom says "extend me!".

B8XiIy6CQAA1KUA.jpg

They did not fix the boom!!!!!! They could completely change 42039 to make it uglier, but could not be arsed to make the boom on this thing look more realistic?!?!? Darny DARN DARN!!!!!

I'm still probably getting it, so I can modify it, and add a derrick and ballast cart.

Crane looks big, complex and not yellow! All of which is great.

B8XiIy6CQAA1KUA.jpg

They did not fix the boom!!!!!! They could completely change 42039 to make it uglier, but could not be arsed to make the boom on this thing look more realistic?!?!? Darny DARN DARN!!!!!

I'm still probably getting it, so I can modify it, and add a derrick and ballast cart.

I think we're being a little unrealisitic with our expectations. From the point of view of someone who doesn't know anything about crawler cranes, it looks pretty fantastic to me. And lets face it, Lego is made for kids, who most probably won't care that it's not 100% true to real life :tongue:

Edited by OG_technic

Yep, that looks like 42042 to me. I wonder is this an early leak from the press at Nuremberg (starts tomorrow), or a leaked photo from the London toy fair.

Nuremberg started today for the press. the trade only show starts tomorrow.

that crane does look really good, better than I was expecting. I'll have to get rid of that LA though :tongue:

Edited by allanp

Look at all them parts we will now have in blue. I think it's a nice looking model and it's great to see the tracks are motorised too, I really wasn't expecting that. Not a bad set at all for a non-flagship model. I'm happy with it! :classic:

I'll have to get rid of that LA though :tongue:

For £170, I've heard somewhere that you can get a new pneumatic cylinder. Maybe you could use that? :innocent:

Look at all them parts we will now have in blue. I think it's a nice looking model and it's great to see the tracks are motorised too, I really wasn't expecting that. Not a bad set at all for a non-flagship model. I'm happy with it! :classic:

What makes you think that the tracks are motorized? I highly doubt they will be.

What makes you think that the tracks are motorized? I highly doubt they will be.

You can see that the front axle is driven, but the two sides are linked. So it cannot steer, just go forward and backward. Other function will I guess be to lift the hook. I wonder if there will be other functions, maybe only this two.

There is an axle at the front running from both sprockets to two bevel gears. It is just an assumption that it is powered.

Edited by Epic Technic

You can see that the front axle is driven, but the two sides are linked. So it cannot steer, just go forward and backward. Other function will I guess be to lift the hook. I wonder if there will be other functions, maybe only this two.

Couldn't it be possible that the front axle is linked a dummy engine instead of the motor? Wouldn't that make more sense too?

Edited by OG_technic

I see only a four functions switch box. Since this is not an RC model, there is not a big point about steering...

So I see: mast raising/lowering, grabber up/down, superstructure rotation, fwd/rev.

Such cranes are also very slow. Hence the reducing gear ratio in the front. Being very slow, steering also turns to be a bit less important.

I like the crnae, but not because it's a crane, but the parts... Hey a lot of blue parts... curved panels etc... And I think it's the "normal" clear blue not the ugly dark blue of 41999...