Is that a new bucket scooper on the end of the Actros crane arm?

Stop the video at 2:32. It looks like the clamshell is new for sure.

Also, top pin of the cylinder is yellow, instead of old black.

Which part of the cylinder do you mean? Is it the top of the stainless ram? If it is then they all look black at 2:22 in the video. :classic:

Now that we are finally going to get new and longer pneumatic cylinders, how do you guys estimate the chances that we get a new, more stable and rigid turntable? Not this year of course, but in the next one or two years probably?

Definitely not this year as TLG have done so much for us this year to be fair! :classic:

But I'm right there with you Balrog re the turntable. Maybe we can start up a new thread soon with ideas for a new turntable. I'd love to see one that is slightly bigger, definitely more rigid horizontally with ball bearings and also has two swivel connectors with unlimited rotation, to allow 2 motors to be connected below. This would mean the 2 motors could be placed below with a much simpler, more efficient gear train that delivers more power to the tracks. Power loss to one of the tracks in the Zorex-220 is really noticeable, due to the complex gear train above, so much so that it goes slower than the other one once the slack in the collars through the turntable is taken up. And all shafts are running freely. It's just power loss routing shafts around a complex structure.

When I'm setting up a model for permanent display that has a turntable on it, like a crane or excavator, I have to have the unit on top of the turntable level. I hate to see it sagging to the front under load, or to the back when the bucket or jib is lowered, due to the weight at the back. :blush:

I hope TLG hears our cry for a fix for this issue soon though. In the meantime, we can enjoy all the new parts and new colours in our models and MOCs! :classic:

correct me if i am wrong, but aint there a 3rd party 3D printed turntable that has been made to fit Lego?

Haven't seen one, but can you post a link? :classic:

correct me if i am wrong, but aint there a 3rd party 3D printed turntable that has been made to fit Lego?

HERESY! Send in the brickquisition! :devil:

I just seen that on YouTube now

. I like the idea for cranes and excavators. Would prefer ball bearings inside though for smoother rotation. I got a V2 turntable on bricklink for the PF Backhoe V2, that was so tight, it could barely be rotated by hand, so much so that I couldn't use it in the model! :blush:

That one has cogs on the inside though. Would prefer if they were on the outside.

Edited by Conor Hyland

Look at the number plate, the designer of 42043 is Markus Kossmann.

I think it is a good choice from TLG to make the Arocs in scale of 42030 for playing perfectly together an this was planed early.

In my opinion, in 2016 we will see a remake of 8043 as RC flagship (maybe with the new pneumatics), but as a wheeled excevator with tumbler tires.

This makes sense, because it opens the opportunity to play with 3 flagships (licensed) together in one scenario.

post-134227-0-36577400-1422457575_thumb.png

Edited by timtimgo87

I heard that Atrocs will be cristmas present. So it will be avalible in december, not in august. Anyone knows anything?

I heard that Atrocs will be cristmas present. So it will be avalible in december, not in august. Anyone knows anything?

This makes the Crawler Crane as summer flagship :laugh:

November most likely

Really??? Why? :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

The wait is killing us AFOLS, I know. I want all those sets NOW! They are simply amazing.

Edited by Emmi

I cant wait for better pictures of fire plane, it looks pretty massive, great colour scheme and its a fire department vehicle!

Reminds me some kind of cessna 152 or 150 and this lego set http://technicopedia.com/8855.html .

Now I must kill some time probably watching Planes 2:Fire and Rescue :wink: .

I think I see a new turn table. not any bigger but I think stronger and maybe less friction, more like the new smaller turntable. One of those smaller ones can be seen between to two rear axles and I can also see the motor. Looks like both rear axles are connected to the engine. This is all good news :thumbup:

The Merc truck looks great. Thanks for the video. That will probably be my only set for the year. Can't wait!

H :thumbup:

Now I must kill some time probably watching Planes 2:Fire and Rescue :wink: .

The new LEGO Technic Fire Plane is modelled after Dusty in Planes 2 :)

The new LEGO Technic Fire Plane is modelled after Dusty in Planes 2 :)

This is good point, so lego probably jump on the hype train. :sweet:

Which part of the cylinder do you mean? Is it the top of the stainless ram? If it is then they all look black at 2:22 in the video. :classic:

Yes, top pin on cylinder pistons is yellow in new video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sDcCeIpKFc&x-yt-ts=1422411861&x-yt-cl=84924572#t=13 and on some photos, while on older video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktZUMiAPa4 they are black.