Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

I'm pretty sure Lego had plans to go on with this series at first, it was pretty clear they where saving Skinner for later. Don't know what happened, perhaps a lag of interest, low sales, or the fact people complained about the molded heads, but the theme is done now, I think. Still wish to hear some inside information who can give is facts.

My guess is that sales were disappointing. Two weeks ago, my local Fred Meyer (U.S. department store chain) had Series 1 Simpsons discounted to $2.99 per pack. I'm sure LEGO didn't lose money on the theme, but it occupied a spot on the product release calendar that could have been filled with something that would appeal much more strongly to their core demographic.

I think LEGO will be making a massive mistake if they don't do any more Simpsons or Doctor Who Dimensions sets: there's still a lot of characters they can do yet.

I think Lego made a massive mistake to introduce this theme, quite honestly. The Simpsons is not actually a child-friendly show, and Lego's core demographic is children. Don't get me wrong, I love the Simpsons and watch it often, but its satire is not appropriate for children. I really like both Lego and the Simpsons but I don't think they mix well. This theme coming to an end means more space for IPs and themes that better align with Lego's core values.

Well, I think I have to agree with you guys. I wasn't even a Simpsons fan when this series got introduced. I was thinking is Lego really doing this?! I wasn't even planning to check it out. It was much later when I bought a blind bag just for fun (or I got it from someone) and got Ned when I thought the figures where actually pretty fun. It was then when I gave the show a chance and got pretty much in love with it and started collecting everything. Still I can see why people don't like it and don't gave it a chance.

Nothing is pretty clear when it comes to Lego plans.

I think Lego made a massive mistake to introduce this theme, quite honestly. The Simpsons is not actually a child-friendly show, and Lego's core demographic is children. Don't get me wrong, I love the Simpsons and watch it often, but its satire is not appropriate for children. I really like both Lego and the Simpsons but I don't think they mix well. This theme coming to an end means more space for IPs and themes that better align with Lego's core values.

I get the impression they were trying to lure adults in with this theme, not kids. After all the physical sets were priced beyond what any child could afford (And parents would certainly cringe at that price too). So this theme not doing overly well could deter them from taking on adult oriented licenses in the future.

I disagree, I've watched The Simpsons since I was 8 and there was no material that I found disturbing. I'm sure that must be the same for plenty of kids both now 20 like I am or currently children given that you get things like lunchboxes with Bart Simpson on. Hell, The Simpsons Movie is only a PG! Also, Channel 4 have been showing it at 6pm since I first started watching it in either 2003 or 2004 and only once have they received any complaints from parents - even then, it was only over one scene. If it wasn't felt to be appropriate for children, then it would be aired post-watershed and if aired pre-watershed receive more complaints than one.

Whilst Simpsons and LEGO aren't the perfect match in terms of narrative, it's still a lot of fun to have LEGO versions of such iconic characters. I was at least hoping we would get to have all family members of the Simpsons on the Dimensions toy pad at once. I just don't see why they included The Simpsons if they didn't intend to do any more sets beyond Homer, Bart and Krusty.

Why even bother giving them a place in the game if they're not going to commit to it?

Would you not prefer three characters to be in the game rather then none at all? If the packs sell really really well I'm sure we'll get more, but I don't think they we'll get anymore sets.

I disagree, I've watched The Simpsons since I was 8 and there was no material that I found disturbing. I'm sure that must be the same for plenty of kids both now 20 like I am or currently children given that you get things like lunchboxes with Bart Simpson on. Hell, The Simpsons Movie is only a PG! Also, Channel 4 have been showing it at 6pm since I first started watching it in either 2003 or 2004 and only once have they received any complaints from parents - even then, it was only over one scene. If it wasn't felt to be appropriate for children, then it would be aired post-watershed and if aired pre-watershed receive more complaints than one.

The thing is licensing is a two way agreement - whilst Fox would have pushed Lego for more sets, Lego may not have been interested in producing any more.

£250.00 is a lot of money for someone to drop on a set... irrespective of how good the price to parts ratio was. The Simpsons theme also had a lot of competition from other themes this year. I imagine that Star Wars and Marvel would have eaten into people's wallets this year than the Simpsons.

As a collector you can't buy everything. The Kwik-E-Mart may have been a better set than say... Kylo Ren's Shuttle, But it's over double the price. Even if lots of people like the theme you can't expect everyone to buy it. For some people, £250.00 is a wage/salary... for a month. It's a big ask in price.

Hear me out, I would like to more Simpsons sets as much as the next man. And I'm sure Lego will renew their contract with Fox at some point in the future. But at the moment it's staying where it is. I think instead of complaining of what we didn't get, be grateful of what we did. :classic:

Edited by Tariq j

The theme feels a bit unfinished to me. We all miss some key figures. It would be great if they make just a set for those that collected everything.

I'm pretty sure Lego had plans to go on with this series at first, it was pretty clear they where saving Skinner for later. Don't know what happened, perhaps a lag of interest, low sales, or the fact people complained about the molded heads, but the theme is done now, I think. Still wish to hear some inside information who can give is facts.

Yeah, I did see some people bothered about the molded heads, especially after seeing their original designs in the "Brick Like Me" Lego themed episode. However, I wasn't the biggest fan before their series, but I still enjoyed watching the show and was very excited to see them introduce the dual molded arm and leg concept, the brand new prints and accessories, and the fact that their torsos and legs were compatible (in skin color) to the famous yellow Lego Minifigures we have in the majority of sets.

Sad to see them go, but maybe if they did smaller sets along with the UCS ones, this theme could have reached its full potential. I definitely see price being a major factor in the dislike of this theme.

The theme feels a bit unfinished to me. We all miss some key figures. It would be great if they make just a set for those that collected everything.

Right! Skinner is definitely up there on the fans' want list. They did put references of figs in the Kwik E Mart set that we didn't get, I mean c'mon... The Mayor! Bumblebee Guy! They could have also done Lenny and Carl, sure they drink in the show, but so did Edna and she teaches children none the less. Radioactive Man to go with Bartman and Milhouse.

Ay Caramba Lego! But I guess we did have a good run with an exclusive Snake minifigure too which was pretty surprising!

Edited by Legocity2713

Would you not prefer three characters to be in the game rather then none at all? If the packs sell really really well I'm sure we'll get more, but I don't think they we'll get anymore sets.

Of course I would but I would have thought their inclusion would mean a full-time commitment from LEGO to produce Simpsons sets for the game.

Well, if they really quit the Simpsons I am happy I did not miss these awesome minifigures and have every character ever released :) The sets are way too pricey for me sadly. I need another Apu head, though...

Edited by KCMatze

£250.00 is a lot of money for someone to drop on a set...

As a collector you can't buy everything. The Kwik-E-Mart may have been a better set than say... Kylo Ren's Shuttle, But it's over double the price. Even if lots of people like the theme you can't expect everyone to buy it. For some people, £250.00 is a wage/salary... for a month. It's a big ask in price.

Although £250 may be a lot for some, it is not that big a deal to quite a few people. Some collectors can buy it all (if they want it). Lego don't expect everyone to buy it and in fact did a lot a favour by putting the main cast into cheap sets (here CMF).

Well, that is stupid. Not even getting Lisa, Maggie and Marge to complete the family. We better get some more Doctor Who sets or I'll be preparing a long email of complaint to LEGO.

I have to agree. It's particularly annoying that they don't have Marge or Lisa as playable characters when they have Krusty. The game really needs more playable female characters, and Marge and Lisa are vastly more important in that franchise than Krusty.

I have to agree. It's particularly annoying that they don't have Marge or Lisa as playable characters when they have Krusty. The game really needs more playable female characters, and Marge and Lisa are vastly more important in that franchise than Krusty.

The target market for the game is mostly boys, younger boys probably only care about Homer and Bart. Krusty is a clown, which has a unique game play style that non fans would enjoy

The target market for the game is mostly boys, younger boys probably only care about Homer and Bart. Krusty is a clown, which has a unique game play style that non fans would enjoy

The target market is boys, but it could be boys and girls, and appeal to more people. There's certainly no good reason to exclude Marge and Lisa.

Why have them in if they can't even talk? Bart was such a bad character addition because of that. They could only secure the right to use archived voices for Dan Castellaneta's characters. And, as you can see, each licensed property had a maximum of three characters anyways. Well, besides DC and LoTR, but that's one of the three main properties in the game and are owned by WB themselves.

There's certainly no good reason to exclude Marge and Lisa.

Except for the big they are boring argument, gender doesn't play a factor in it at all, it's just the way the characters were written. Like somebody said above when it comes to the main characters Homer and Bart are the most popular, whereas Marge, while a great character, isn't going to offer an as exciting gameplay/ story elements etc. because she doesn't have much to offer in excitement. Same could be said with with Lisa, who of late hasn't been a popular character among fans anyway. Krusty just offers something unique and more fun.

Why have them in if they can't even talk? Bart was such a bad character addition because of that. They could only secure the right to use archived voices for Dan Castellaneta's characters. And, as you can see, each licensed property had a maximum of three characters anyways. Well, besides DC and LoTR, but that's one of the three main properties in the game and are owned by WB themselves.

Again just to add something fun. I totally agree it was disappointing not to hear Bart especially, but i am happy to have him silent and in the game rather than not in the game at all.

Although £250 may be a lot for some, it is not that big a deal to quite a few people. Some collectors can buy it all (if they want it). Lego don't expect everyone to buy it and in fact did a lot a favour by putting the main cast into cheap sets (here CMF).

True, the CMF line allowed people to obtain the figures without spending too much money overall.

I suppose it also depends on what themes you collect. For me in 2015 I brought a lot of Star Wars sets and some Marvel sets so buying the Kwik-E-Mart was a bit of a stretch for me... but for others... maybe not so much. But like you said depends on the person.

Don't forget Maggie too. I would be happy just to have the complete family first before they completely call it quits. Only Homer and Bart of the Simpsons family being playable is strange, even if they are the most popular members.

I'm really not bothered if they talk or not. It would just be nice to have the option to play as the entire family at once. And I think your second argument is a moot point considering you are only taking into consideration what's been currently announced and not the unannounced sets they have planned for the next three years. If Doctor Who only has three characters in the game, I will be shocked considering one of the promo pictures for the game seemingly features an unreleased Clara Oswald NFC minifigure in-game next to an NFC Doctor. Same with Ghostbusters, we're we've already seen Egon Spengler in adverts.

If LEGO wanted, Simpsons could easily see the rest of the family released. But it sounds like they aren't going to be bothered and you can understand why us fans of the Simpsons would be disappointed that three major characters aren't going to get a release.

Except for the big they are boring argument, gender doesn't play a factor in it at all, it's just the way the characters were written. Like somebody said above when it comes to the main characters Homer and Bart are the most popular, whereas Marge, while a great character, isn't going to offer an as exciting gameplay/ story elements etc. because she doesn't have much to offer in excitement. Same could be said with with Lisa, who of late hasn't been a popular character among fans anyway. Krusty just offers something unique and more fun.

Personally, I don't care if they're boring or don't offer exciting gameplay/story elements, I'd just like to be able to have the entire family on the Toy Pad at once. Besides, I think you're wrong. Lisa could have the hacking and technology abilities whereas Marge (basically being the house wife) could be able to vacuum up hidden items in the same way Scooby Doo and Emmet's Extractor can dig up stuff.

All we need is 1 more series that way we can get Skinner moe Lenny Carl ect hopefully we will get at the end beginning of 2016-2017 :look:

All we need is 1 more series that way we can get Skinner moe Lenny Carl ect hopefully we will get at the end beginning of 2016-2017 :look:

Yeah, I'd love a series 3. Don't see why they couldn't just alternate it with Disney, so Disney this year then next Simpsons and after that back to Disney.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants more simpsons... really the CMF are the key, as you have mentioned, tons of characters left out, the rest you can moc. I think I might build a leftorium this year if we don't get another building... haven't seen one of those yet. I'm mostly sad about no Moe, Lenny, Carl, Barney. Homer doesn't have any of his friends! Pretty weird to get a willie instead of a skinner, which made me think more were coming. If they can do a snake fig they can do a moe, lego standards are so weird this time.

You guys talking about 2 year contract with fox, what's your source??

With the glaring omissions in the cast line up - it almost seems like this was visualised as a three-series run, Skinner, Moe, Otto, SideshowBob, Barney, Radioactive Man, Mr Plow, Bumblebee Guy, Jasper, Sherri/Terri, Troy McClure, Dr Nick, Crazy Cat Lady, etc they could easily do another. I'm less inclined to believe some characters were left out because they were inappropriate than to spread the recognisable 'must haves' across the series.