Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm mainly an OT guy but will pick up a few Rebels sets if they've got useful OT figures in them.

Imperial Troops Transport definitely sounds interesting. The Microfighter ATAT might be a cheap way to get a new ATAT driver or General Veers figure. Shadow Troopers could be interesting but more details would be needed to make it a must-buy.

A generic Imperial battlepack with variations of all the Imperials included in the new ISD would sell like hotcakes but I guess TLG would rather you went out an bought an ISD...also where's my system-scale Imperial Shuttle? They haven't released one of those for ages.

Seems there's still four more unidentified sets. I wonder what they could be. 75088-90 should be the store exclusives since they are always numbered last.

75078 Imperial Troop Transport

75079 Shadow Troopers

75080 AAT

75081 T-16 Skyhopper

75082 TIE Advanced Prototype

75083 AT-DP

75084 Wookie Gunship

75085 ???

75086 ???

75087 ???

75088 ???

75089 Geonosis Troopers

75090 Ezra's Speeder Bike

Seems there's still four more unidentified sets. I wonder what they could be. 75088-90 should be the store exclusives since they are always numbered last.

75079 Shadow Troopers

75080 AAT

75081 T-16 Skyhopper

75083 AT-DP

75084 Wookie Gunship

75085 ???

75086 ???

75087 ???

75088 ???

75089 Geonosis Troopers

Yes!! Another chance at an imperial shuttle and tie interceptor! Seriously if these aren't released I will cry. They are well overdue for remakes, plus they might show up in rebels. (maybe not the interceptor)

Oh my, i hope they include normal stormtroopers on the "shadow trooper battle pack" im not interested on rebel's ITT

I really hope the Geonosis Troopers set has plain clones! Do you think we are more likely to see phase I or II in this pack? Either way the only difference is the helmet so it wouldn't be too hard to change...

EDIT: I'm guessing the gunship will have a phase I clone (probably won't be a pilot because of the ARC-170) since we just got a microfighter with a phase II, so maybe the battle pack will be phase I as well.

It would make perfect sense for the clone troopers to be phase one, considering in both battles on Geonosis the clone troopers wore phase 1 armor. And like you said, the previous battle packs both had phase II clones in them, and it's about time we got a good number of plain clones in one set.

About the other sets, I think the lego chose some interesting choices for kids, such as the T-16 Skyhopper and TIE Advanced Prototype. I won't be surprised if kids like them, but they seem like sets that the older OT crowd would be interested in, despite the fact that the TIE is already making in appearance in Rebels.

It's great to see the AAT remade, hopefully with the Phantom Menace colors. The battle packs are again interesting choices, but I have a feeling lego knows what its doing. And to be honest the rebels sets are just rebels sets. Not much actually seems anything worth buying, I might buy the battle packs but that's it for me.

Edited by Darth Nader

I'm really excited for the T-16 if this is true. Ever since playing Rebel Assault as a kid it's been one of my favorite ships. The original set never did it justice. I just wonder how they'll do the cockpit canopy this time.

Imperial Troop Transport!!!

I wonder in which set a Sabine Wren minifig will be included. The speeder bike?

If this is the case (and it will be a cheap set) these 2 are the only ones I will get,

The list is kind of disappointing. Not too much OT.

I'm still hoping for a Rebels set with great alien characters: an Ugnaught (seen in the 7m preview), a Gotal (also in the preview) and/or the Devaronian Cikatro Vizago.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

T-16!? AAT?! Just take my money!

75079 Shadow Troopers

75080 AAT

75081 T-16 Skyhopper

75083 AT-DP

75084 Wookie Gunship

75085 ???

75086 ???

75087 ???

75088 ???

75089 Geonosis Troopers

Maybe they could be more Rebels sets? Hiding spoilers from the show? I do hope it isn't, I don't want to be flooded with more Rebels sets.

Edited by TheWolffe

I do hope it isn't, I don't want to be flooded with more Rebels sets.

I partially agree because I still want to see a decent number of OT sets, but if you remember late '08 and then '09 after The Clone Wars TV series had first aired... I wouldn't be surprised if we get a whole lot of Rebels sets.

I'm fine with lots of Rebels sets provided they give us some great builds with good figures, and aren't all seemingly old concept-art vehicles turned into "a few years prior to ANH" vehicles. I hope there are some OT vehicles in the Rebels line, too (great place for alternate decos) that would still be in service 5-9 years later, and brand-new vehicles not strongly tied to 30+ years old concept art.

And lots of actual OT sets, of course. It's time to move on from Hoth and Tatooine (unless said Tatooine sets give us Jawas, Tuskens, banthas, and/or Deleted Anchorhead Scene Biggs). Cloud City needs a lot of love, Dagobah, the Death Stars... still plenty of ships & environments/locations they can tackle before the sequels dominate the movie part of the theme.

The set numbers are total mess. The shadow troopers is REBELS set for sure and the T-16 could be REBELS set too. Maybe Luke show up for an episode as he racing whit his Skyhopper :grin: ahhh nevermind. And finally we can get Boss Nass with the AAT and i'm hoping for a Kaadu with gen Tarpals :laugh:

The Geonosis troopers should be CW, isn't it ? what else could be ? Like this guys http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_flame_trooper

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-1993

The more I think about some of those Rebels sets the more I like the idea of them as OT crossover sets. As the troop transport will always be associated with the OT for me then that's a must and a real chance to get some good imperials (excuse the oxymoron there!).

TIE Advanced Prototype could be lovely... I'm not sure of how this deviates from the TIE Advanced but any TIE variant will, again, always be OT to me so I'm in!

Seeing as the pilot figure with the Microfighter X-Wing had a new unique helmet print the I'm hoping we get the same for the Snowspeeder. Wes Janson would be perfect as his helmet was also Red Twelve in New Hope.

I'm assuming that the numbering also leaves space for the (kind of) confirmed Slave 1?

Thank you all very much for this information! :classic:

T-16 might indeed be a nice set, but not that awesome.

Which I'm looking for is - but only if it includes OT minifigs - the Imperial Troop Transport.

Yes!! Another chance at an imperial shuttle and tie interceptor! Seriously if these aren't released I will cry. They are well overdue for remakes, plus they might show up in rebels. (maybe not the interceptor)

I completely agree with you, GuyDudeMan27!

Klaus-Dieter

If Geonosis Troopers is a Clone Wars set, it will be interesting to see if the minifigures continue to use the stylized anime faces since Rebels has gone back to the traditional Lego look.

The list is kind of disappointing. Not too much OT.

To be fair, the last wave has been dominated by the OT sets, and recent OT sets like the A-Wing are still perfectly good, so I understand why Lego is shifting it - especially with Rebels coming. In fact, if I come to like Rebel (like I came to like CW in the last seasons!) I probably will be glad about the Rebels set. On the other hand, judging from what we saw, Rebels goes even more into the kid-zone than CW (which gradually left it, I think).

Geonosis Troopers? Hasn't there been a fairly recent Geonosis battlepack already?

If you refer to the Clone Troopers vs Droideka-set... :look: That one was really bad; neither does the command central work at that scale, so the build is useless, nor does the set work as army builder having only two clones, one of them a coloured NCO to make matters worse. Getting enough plain white, "enlisted" AotC clone troopers is quite a challenge. Therefore I hope we get them in this battlepack. Some movie Geonosians would also be very nice; Poggle is pretty alone atm...

The Republic Gunship microfighter hopefully has a Phase-I-pilot to finally fill the second spot in the big Gunship. As for the other microfighters: every non-droid seperatist minifig would make the sets must-buy imo. I got the recent Vulture only because of the Neimodian. And I hope the AT-AT comes with a Snowtrooper, army building ftw.

I don't know but this might help for the Shadow Troopers........"The LEGO Group Released two Shadow Stormtrooper Minifigures in 2007 in the "TIE Crawler" set. Another Shadow Stormtrooper also came with the 2008 "Imperial Dropship", along with three standard Stormtroopers. It also was released by the Lego Group as a limited edition maquette in partnership with Gentle Giant. Also according to DK's Lego Star Wars mini-figure book the Imperial Dropship set incorrectly labled the Shadow Stormtrooper as an Imperial Pilot."

So it could be PT or OT we'll just have to wait and see/

The Republic Gunship microfighter hopefully has a Phase-I-pilot to finally fill the second spot in the big Gunship. As for the other microfighters: every non-droid seperatist minifig would make the sets must-buy imo. I got the recent Vulture only because of the Neimodian. And I hope the AT-AT comes with a Snowtrooper, army building ftw.

I think the AT-AT will come with one of the new AT-AT pilot.

I'm liking the looks of this wave so far. I don't really get the hate for Rebels sets, anyway- I have the Phantom and the Ghost already and they both blend well with my OT collection. I am somewhat curious about the Geonosis Troopers set, though; I'm not sure if has to be a prequel or CW era set- it's well within the realm of possibility that the Rebels show will visit Geonosis. Although that's probably just wishful thinking; I'd love to see some "Force Unleashed" style EVO troopers in Rebels style.

I'm glad to see the AAT. I'm hoping it comes with a few good minifigures, the MTT was a little sparse. I'm really hoping for a Padme variant, she is lacking a variant for the battle of Theed after all. And I'd hope they'd throw in a new character, Boss Nass would be great. Granted he never came all that close to an AAT, but this is about as good of an opportunity as ever.

This would also be a great opportunity to get Sabe, who has yet to appear at all.

Edited by strangely

Ooh, this list seems nice!

The Geonosis battlepack sounds nicest to me, provided it's not CW but PT.

Some of the Microfighters sound cool to!

Regards,

Mitch