Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hmm, I wonder what the welding rig will look like ?

So they are thinking about a gas station......about time I say (though I reversed engineered the LW one :grin: ).

We did recently get a welder CMF with helmet and welding torch. I would think it likely they get some more use out of those molds?

There seems to be very little "diving" going on in the Divers sets? Lots of flying and sailing, but not so much the diving?

We did recently get a welder CMF with helmet and welding torch. I would think it likely they get some more use out of those molds?

Hopefully more than a single 1x1 round brick as a gas bottle.......a small gas bottle would only for simple brazing not heavy duty welding for the railways ?

I told Pierre the Designer that the fans want's a new gas station :)

He will keep it in mind.

Thank you for mentioning that to the designer. I reversed engineered the Octan Gas Station last year. The one that they been using in the Lego World displays. (I posted it on the forums). Would be great to set what they come up with. I would hope it is a fully built gas station though :laugh:

There seems to be very little "diving" going on in the Divers sets? Lots of flying and sailing, but not so much the diving?

That's been the trend I've noticed lately. Very happy to see that they are not just being a one off. I have to agree Faefrost. Maybe the actual sets will show more?

I also took some time today and reverse engineered the smaller sand yellow apartment building from the display. It's actually pretty cool. I really like it and then gave it a few minor tweaks. Couldn't discern how they attached the antenna to the axle on the radio tower? Clearer photos would help with that I imagine. Thank you L@go for the photos. Shame they didn't make a whole new display this time.

Edited by Wodanis

I told Pierre the Designer that the fans want's a new gas station :)

He will keep it in mind ;)

Would they do a Shell gas station?

Would they do a Shell gas station?

They have stopped contracts with Shell so it would be Octan if it comes out =)

Even one of the first Avengers sets from 2012 had Octan coloured oil barrels........so Octan is Lego's only oil company.

A new gas station might be timed with the ten anniversary of 7993 service station maybe.....I would hope for sooner though.

I think we should see better pictures of City Square and the expore sets from NY Toy Fair......hopefully.

It bugs me how Lego does this, it doesn't matter what the theme is we get the same sets every year.

All of those look really good. I'd say I'm most excited for the Space Shuttle, Heavy Haul Train, and the Exploration Vessel. It looks like you can put two of the 60095 Exploration Vessel hulls to make a bigger ship. I really want them to do more 16 wide boats and it looks like you can use a Pirates base to extend the two, but I hope they release a expansion piece like with the old 6-wide boats. I'm definitely getting that set just for the boat hull and bridge pieces.

I am mostly interested in the City Square although the Space Starter Set might have a few interesting bits in it...

I am mostly interested in the City Square although the Space Starter Set might have a few interesting bits in it...

I agree, the space starter set looks like a good set, just look at the minifigs, I'm happy lego is giving us a really nice starter set which will probably be the only set of the space series I get

All the starter sets are great ways to get more minifigs on the cheap (e.g. if you need construction workers, get the demolition starter set, if you need cops get the swamp police starter set etc)

Lets hope the "starter set" concept continues going forward and we see other such sets with 4 figs and some simple builds at the same price point.

^ I agree completely, I fact I get all the starter sets even if I don't collect the theme they come with. Last time around with didn't get a lot of space men with the line now this time we gets lots. Having the shark and croc in the starter sets is great too.

Edited by SMC

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but there will be one more diving set:

it contains the waterplane, we've seen before and an underwater station (HQ).

It will cost 79,99 EUR and will be exclusive to VEDES in Germany.

greetings Hendrik

Looking at the information card from this image, the City Space sets will be released in August and the space port will cost $120, which is steep considering it only has 586 pieces. Looks like the new molds and larger pieces are really driving up the price.

Eh? Two aircraft and one ship, compared to at least four submersible craft? Divers in every set. If anything, there is more underwater content than you would get in real life! It's not Aquazone.

Looking at the information card from this image, the City Space sets will be released in August and the space port will cost $120, which is steep considering it only has 586 pieces. Looks like the new molds and larger pieces are really driving up the price.

Aw crap, and I was planning on buying that one. What a ridiculous price. LEGO is really going crazy with the $120-$150 wider release sets this summer, ay? We have that one, the Destiny Bounty, the Town Square, Jokerland, that Imperial Assault Carrier, the Grand Hotel, that Jurassic World HQ, and more...

Aw crap, and I was planning on buying that one. What a ridiculous price. LEGO is really going crazy with the $120-$150 wider release sets this summer, ay? We have that one, the Destiny Bounty, the Town Square, Jokerland, that Imperial Assault Carrier, the Grand Hotel, that Jurassic World HQ, and more...

Does seem odd as London toy far said it was £70 which would be $100 at the very most.

Eh? Two aircraft and one ship, compared to at least four submersible craft? Divers in every set. If anything, there is more underwater content than you would get in real life! It's not Aquazone.

2 big aircraft and one big ship compared to no subs you can fit more than one person in.

Thanks for the link. I'm not fond of the windscreen of the space shuttle but overall it looks good. I still like the 6339.

Seems no vehicle set for the summer.

Thanks for the link. I'm not fond of the windscreen of the space shuttle but overall it looks good. I still like the 6339.

Seems no vehicle set for the summer.

I think the new space shuttle windshield is better than the one used for the previous set 3367 space shuttle. It was the airplane/helicopter set nose with engine nozzle print: http://brickset.com/sets/3367-1/Space-Shuttle

To me it looks like a Rail Crane... If you look really closely there is a gear piece so I'm assuming it's either a MOC or a Set but it definitely has Power Functions for the crane! My god I hope it's a set! We need more photos of that!!!!

That's the 4203 set excavator on train wheels and geared with a power function motor. http://brickset.com/sets/4203-1/Excavator-Transporter

It's not too hard to do your own version of it: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105874

Now something has been bugging me.......why does the Lego store have a two stud over hang on the roof....at the back ?

The two building don't really fit side by side do they ?

I'm going to.....once I buy City Square add my Town Square components to it and make a nice big city square......at least it will give the pizza delivery guy a home base right ? :wink: