Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

My Target didn't have them yet, but Walgreens had a full rack that looked untouched. Shopko also had them, only 3 in stock though. At Walgreens I found 4 Athenas (bought 2) and got a jester and a space miner.

Hit the Lego store and went through well over 100 packs without finding a single Princess or Rock Star...

I walked away to grab a SW set when they added a box to the shelf, found both in the first ten packs. I lost count of how many Athena I found along the way, but it was a lot. In all that, I only found one Genie Girl, which I gave to the little girl who was looking for one with her mom.

Is it odd that I got a second Spooky Girl, put her skirt on the opposite way as the first, put her teddy in the opposite hand and put them in my HH looking like the Shining twins?

Odd? No, that's mandatory... if you have the Haunted House, of course. Lego would send people to your home and chastise you if you didn't do that with 2 Spooky Girls & the HH (they keep track of what you buy!) :laugh:

I just remodeled my HH for the one Spooky Girl. Two of them would look really good in the entrance room. A child-size minifigure on a trike would be even better! Maybe I should get another. But what do you mean, put on the skirt the other way? Are your minifigures' skirts open at the sides?

Edited by 8BrickMario

The skirt only goes around exactly once, no overlap, with three holes for putting it on the leg studs. The 'best' looking way (IMO) puts a leg slit on either the right or left corner, either the front or back depending on how you put it on.. Although I guess you are able to center the slit, I think it looks poor. On one, I have it so that the slit is on the back-right corner, the other on the back-left.

Typing that out makes it seem like I put way too much thought into that, but I did the first one the other night in about 20 seconds, and maybe 30 seconds yesterday when I did the second one. Explaining it actually took much longer.

:laugh:

the new site looks great and seems better organised

Wow, I love it!

Really? Well... maybe It's just me. I need to get used to it :sceptic:

I find pretty interesting that they changed the names of some minifigures:

S1 Forestman → Robin Hood

S2 Maraca Man → Mariachi

S5 Egyptian Queen → Cleopatra

S1 Tribal Hunter → Indian

S5 Ice Fisherman → Eskimo

Oddly enough, Grandma Visitor and Ocean King weren't changed for Little Red Riding Hood and Poseidon

Edited by Robert8

Haven't get used to the new website. I can't see pictures in character portfolio. Some other changed names are Geisha, Scuba and Pharaoh.

I guess Shakesapeare and Lincoln removed the ban and allow us to see more historical beings in the future. As for LRRH, that name seems to be too long.

Why? The names were fine. Laughably generic, but fine. Renaming them is getting rid of the trademark naming style. Pointless, especially since the older names have been established as canon before.I hope it's a mistake. I'll investigate.

More changes:

Calamity Drone-Calamity Droid

Actor has been "confirmed" at last to be the Thespian

"American" removed from Football Player's name

Downhill Skier-Downhill Skiing? Okay, this can't be intentional. Some intern must have gotten the names pretty wrong.

Spartan Warrior is just the Spartan. (and oddly, his pic is a full-body shot, not just his head)

Demolition Dummy-Dummy

By now, I'm positive these renames weren't intended by LEGO. Some worker must have made some mistakes. It's actually pretty obvious, since the names in the bio text aren't changed, only the minifigure title is.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Well...Vitruvius referred to the Forestman and the Egyptian Queen as Robin Hood and Cleopatra in The Lego Movie. Maybe that's why they changed. But the S12 Battle Goddess wasn't named Athena, so...

And if this is actually a mistake... that was pretty lazy. :wacko: I mean, even the pictures are a mess. The Hazmat Guy and the Monster images are just.... wrong :sceptic:

I got the Wizard, Prospector, and Jester. They're all great, and I honestly prefer this Prospector to the movie one. The Wizard is (literally) fantastic!

Managed to complete the series a couple of weeks ago YAY. I'm studying in London this year and have easy access to LEGO stores (going to miss that a lot when I go back home).

Two of the guys who worked there offered to help me search and we stood there for a really long time. In the end one of them even turned out to be Norwegian :laugh: It was a great visit.

My favorites this time has to be the Genie and the Spooky Goth girl. Overall I think this series is a lot better than the previous one (11).

I've had the S12 CMFs since 1 Oct, but only had time to open the ones I wanted a couple of nights ago. I made two discoveries:

1. The foolscap's colours are quartered. I thought the cap would be half purple and half light orange, split in the same way as the original red/blue foolscap. But it has two purple quadrants and two light orange ones which is cool.
  2. The horns for the Hun's hat are not the same. One is designed for the right and the other for the left.

I've had the S12 CMFs since 1 Oct, but only had time to open the ones I wanted a couple of nights ago. I made two discoveries:

1. The foolscap's colours are quartered. I thought the cap would be half purple and half light orange, split in the same way as the original red/blue foolscap. But it has two purple quadrants and two light orange ones which is cool.
  2. The horns for the Hun's hat are not the same. One is designed for the right and the other for the left.

The horns seem the same to me... I even swapped them after reading this yesterday, there were no problems at all plugging them in.

Urgh, I can never get my hands on them!! Two visits to the LEGO store and two toysrus, all sold out. Oh well. Hope you guys are enjoying yours!

Urgh, I can never get my hands on them!! Two visits to the LEGO store and two toysrus, all sold out. Oh well. Hope you guys are enjoying yours!

Have you tried Walmart? Last time we swung by one, they had at least one box of the things.

1. The horns for the Hun's hat are not the same. One is designed for the right and the other for the left.

Mine are exactly the same as the Minotaur from S6, and can be used for either left or right.

I finally found some at a target near here, but nowhere else in town. The person working in the toy department said he was surprised they still had some since they sold out already at other Targets.

Either way, I felt them forever and I think I got a complete set. But family business came up so I haven't been able to check all of them at home yet. Hopefully I did and won't have to return since it's been a handful of days and my interest has waned.

I too finally found a complete set (I think). The 2 local Targets to my area didn't have them but I drove past a 3rd on the way home from work and hopped in and they had a rack of them. Spent about 30-45 mins feeling the packages to find them all. I found a TON of Swashbucklers and had the hardest time finding the Pizza Delivery Guy and the Spooky Girl. I have only opened 5 so far as I like to savor the opening process....I'm a dork, I know....but I will report back once I have them all opened. I am so excited about this wave of minifigs!

Edit: I forgot to mention Target had them for $2.99, NOT $3.99, so that was a bonus!

Edited by Swampthing

I must have hit my local Target at an opportune time because I was able to score a few Spooky Girls and a couple Huns. And for $2.99! I sure feel like an megablocks for paying $4/minifig last week at the Lego Store. Also, is it just me, or is the Space Miner's helmet just too cool? Compared to the colors and detail, the other space helmets look kinda "blah".

I also got my full set of CMF 12 a week or so ago. 1/3 reduction in Argos and almost the same in WHsmith. :)

A nice bargain, before the series goes EOL. :thumbup: