7 hours ago, Kaanere said:

That makes sense, but I would like to have one more affordable and full manual set, something like this (based on 56 x 26 tires)

SR_Monster_Energy_Can_Am_CARS_2020_V8.jp

SxS (side by side) or SSV or UTV vehicle first appeared in 2017 in Dakkar rally

10 hours ago, I_Igor said:

That makes sense, but I would like to have one more affordable and full manual set, something like this (based on 56 x 26 tires)

SxS (side by side) or SSV or UTV vehicle first appeared in 2017 in Dakkar rally

As much as i love the big cars, i think the small-ish sets is where technic really shines. I had a lot of fun modifying 42075 (which i consider to be one of the best sets of the past few years), ditto for 42093-B and the recent motorcycles.

If i go purely wishlist mode, i just want more of those sets, every wave could have a ~500-700 car-ish thing for ~$40-60, and id buy and modify all of them.

What kinds of models would use the XL LAs? Im trying to speculate where that part will appear next.

Excavators. We already have the 42100.

Cranes, of course. 

Didn't expect haulers to have them as well.

Reach stacker.

Anything else?

41 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

As much as i love the big cars, i think the small-ish sets is where technic really shines. I had a lot of fun modifying 42075 (which i consider to be one of the best sets of the past few years), ditto for 42093-B and the recent motorcycles.

If i go purely wishlist mode, i just want more of those sets, every wave could have a ~500-700 car-ish thing for ~$40-60, and id buy and modify all of them.

Agree completely +1

56 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What kinds of models would use the XL LAs? Im trying to speculate where that part will appear next.

Excavators. We already have the 42100.

Cranes, of course. 

Didn't expect haulers to have them as well.

Reach stacker.

Anything else?

Telehandler?

Any vehicle that uses hydraulics could see use of XL LAs:

Dump trucks

Diggers

Excavators

Graders

Cranes

Crane trucks

Loaders

Bulldozers

Stackers

Telehandlers

28 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Any vehicle that uses hydraulics could see use of XL LAs:

platform lift trucks, any model (truck, plane, helicopter, boat etc.) with large/heavy opening hatches or ramps (car transporter anyone? missed opportunity there...)

On 2/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, Brickthus said:

I'd love to set another precedent for Technic, also aligning with the modern theme of saving the planet, a set where the primary model is an animal.  We have had the occasional dinosaur (8485 3rd model) but not much else.  The chance of having realistic movements and also fitting the functions/cost and parts/cost that we expect of the best vehicle sets.  Might attract more people to Technic too.

My first is Nemo, a scaled-up clown fish with motorised fins, fin-fold, tail, mouth & gills and manual tilt, turn and anemone.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, Maaboo35 said:

TLG did that already. It's called Forma, and it flopped.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:13 PM, WvG_853 said:

Not helped by the fact that you could only buy it in 1-2 countries ...

Forma uses a different business model for a different market.  It began as a crowd-funded thing, with limited circulation.  It aimed to be a desk toy.  It has a few Technic pieces and a printed shell.
Unfortunately Forma fails to meet the Technic set attributes of functions/cost and parts/cost so it is too expensive.  It has only one function, which sets a functions price of £10, and under 300 pieces, which indicates a parts price of £25.  It retails for £43!

This is why I considered those equations for Nemo before building him.  I designed Nemo to be Technic set, the natural equivalent of the Porsche 42056 or Off-Road Buggy 42099, using standard parts.
Nemo has 4 motorised functions (£30 each) and 4 manual functions (£10 each) plus combinations so that's a functions price of at least £160.  2000-2500 pieces indicates a parts price of £200 including 1 motor and 1 2-port hub.
I was also flexible between PF and PU, knowing that PU will be here for 10 years or so, and that a phone app provides opportunity for interactive play, similar to BOOST and 42099.  I chose the 2-port hub because the train remote will work with it, not needing a phone.

The fun of Nemo is to make some similar and some different mechanisms for a new application, but one that can rebuild just as any Technic set can.  Definitely worth a try.  Definitely worth supporting; let TLG and the market decide.
Nemo has engine mechanisms in the Anemone, suspension wishbones supporting the fins and a gearbox to select the functions, as well as various cranks, sliders and levers.  Even wheel arches for the mouth and gills.  Add 4 wheels and rebuild as a car if you like!
I have more ideas for creatures, with some really interesting mechanisms.  These would each find a price point, based on the mechanism cost equation, and hence a size, so that the number of pieces would set the parts price similar to the functions price.
I also set out to avoid loading the price with too many electrical pieces.  When calculating the value of a Technic set, take off the electrical pieces at cost, and £1 per large panel, and then hope for 5-6p/piece for the rest.

Mark

Guys, one is the ultimate technic set! 

A remake of the Space shuttle 8480 using control+, pneumatics and LAs! :grin:

Something different! I already recommended this to Lego.:wink:

Edited by Aris

On 2/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Kaanere said:

How did I manage to miss this comment the first time around ?

The Bacalar is a thing of beauty.

but it is quite funny how all three “UCS” car are from VW Group. Who knows what car no 4 will be, we're still waiting the actual reveal of no 3 first!

I'd like to see an ultimate 1:8 scale supercar with both complex functions and a degree of motorization, perhaps with motorized drive, steering, and a sequential gearbox, plus something else to use four outputs.

The one thing I'd love to see over and above everything else, is Lego better supporting and collaborating with some of the MOC projects.  This could vary from offering up a complete, unmodified parts package to enable the MOC's to be built at a more affordable price, to working on the original design to release it as an official set, and everything in between. 2 heads are better than one as they say, and there are some worth a lot more than that lurking around these parts. There's a wealth of largely untapped brilliance on here just waiting to be explored, and although some of the Chinese companies seem to recognise this fact and produce MOC sets, Lego, it seems, doesn't appear to appreciate it.

I really wish they would release more RC model. Or even reproduction the old buggy motor 5292.

And since TLG had the VW group license they had already released a few models which are owned by the VW group.
Such as the Porsche(42056) Bugatti(42083) Lamborghini(42115) Ducati (42107).

For more information according to the wiki, the VW group owned :
Porsche Audi Bentley Bugatti Lamborghini SEAT Skoda Volkswagen and more...

I guess we have a high chance to see an Audi or Bentley in the future.

24 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Well I wish Ferrari for the next UCS Technic 

Well perhaps VW decides to buy Ferrari until 2022 :laugh:

1 hour ago, SamuelYsc said:

I really wish they would release more RC model. Or even reproduction the old buggy motor 5292.

And since TLG had the VW group license they had already released a few models which are owned by the VW group.
Such as the Porsche(42056) Bugatti(42083) Lamborghini(42115) Ducati (42107).

For more information according to the wiki, the VW group owned :
Porsche Audi Bentley Bugatti Lamborghini SEAT Skoda Volkswagen and more...

I guess we have a high chance to see an Audi or Bentley in the future.

Well we’ve got a Ducati motorbike this year too and that’s VW Group. We could also get some MAN trucks, but I don’t think that would happen because of the Merc and Volvo stuff.

Just noticed you mentioned Ducati already 

Edited by Seasider

17 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Merc

Merc seems to care more about functional models than VAG haha vag does, so I'd be happy to see more Merc stuff in Technic.

15 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Merc seems to care more about functional models than VAG haha vag does, so I'd be happy to see more Merc stuff in Technic.

Something that could only describe as wish crossed my mind - Unimog based on new 68.7x27 tires with new smaller portal hubs (that is why I mentioned "only describe as a wish"). But I agree there's been 5 years since Arocs

And I have expected more from CLASS than mini Version; at least a bit bigger with 56mm tractor (not balloon) tires...

34 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

And I have expected more from CLASS than mini Version; at least a bit bigger with 56mm tractor (not balloon) tires...

Yeah I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a Lexion yet :S Would’ve been nice.

40 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Specially this year 2020 completely new Lexion is available (for those who need and can afford real thing). What wonders me more is that we have all necessary parts - even my not favorite C+ system could allow one huge fully RC flagship. So I hope to find time in second half of year to continue on my Lexion 7700 project - terratrac with Liebherr sprockets at the front and CLASS tires at rear - they fit perfectly in my 1:15 scale (sorry for hit off topic)

49 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Yes would be fun to have this as a flagship. 

59 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

A CONTROL+ capable harvester with GPS-style field navigation modes and header control... it's just too much to hope for. :wub_drool:

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

A CONTROL+ capable harvester with GPS-style field navigation modes and header control... it's just too much to hope for. :wub_drool:

But it is doable with available parts and we could have >3000 parts flagship; something like functionalities of Lexion made by @eric trax