I just can't understand why isn't this marvel in the HOF:

This MOC might simply have been overlooked. Adding MOCs to the Hall of Fame is a manual process and Alasdair is doing a great job!!

So I'd appreciate you change the tone of your comment, to something constructive :wink:

Alasdair is doing a great job, perhaps he can make a script that whenever Madoca makes a new topic, it is automatically added to the HoF :laugh:

No, but seriously, I can't think of a single Madoca model that shouldn't be in there.

This MOC might simply have been overlooked. Adding MOCs to the Hall of Fame is a manual process and Alasdair is doing a great job!!

So I'd appreciate you change the tone of your comment, to something constructive :wink:

I believe you've misread my tone. I was in no way criticizing Alasdair work, was just expressing my affection for this model from Madoca.

Sorry if it came out wrong.

On-topic, I hope it now gets its spot on the HOF.

I believe you've misread my tone. I was in no way criticizing Alasdair work, was just expressing my affection for this model from Madoca.

Sorry if it came out wrong.

On-topic, I hope it now gets its spot on the HOF.

No problem. Sometimes the intonation is "lost in translation" when writing things down instead of speaking. Thanks for your reply :thumbup:

Conclusion: we need a auto-add-script for Madoca and Alasdair is doing a great job :laugh:

I have reserved a spot :wink:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91953&st=125#entry2377302

I just found out that two of my MOCs were added to the HoF, this is unexpected and I’m so grateful for that. :classic:

Just something I noticed which are actually not so important: For my flatbed tow truck, there is no link to the original topic; and for my forklift, the link leads to a wrong topic.

It will be great if Alasdair can fix that. Thanks. :classic:

Edited by KevinMoo

No problem. Sometimes the intonation is "lost in translation" when writing things down instead of speaking. Thanks for your reply :thumbup:

Conclusion: we need a auto-add-script for Madoca and Alasdair is doing a great job :laugh:

I have reserved a spot :wink:

http://www.eurobrick...25#entry2377302

I saw that,I will add it soon.

I just found out that two of my MOCs were added to the HoF, this is unexpected and I’m so grateful for that. :classic:

Just something I noticed which are actually not so important: For my flatbed tow truck, there is no link to the original topic; and for my forklift, the link leads to a wrong topic.

It will be great if Alasdair can fix that. Thanks. :classic:

I will fix those,thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: added and fixed

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hello guys, i'm pretty new here on eurobricks and i just discovered hall of fame. I saw all great and marvellous creations i know and many many more that i dont know. but i know one creation which is definitly in my top 3 best moc's. I haven't read all 14 pages so this one may be suggested but here it comes.

Liebherr LTM 11200 by Huib van der Hart

https://www.youtube....haRtV70R/videos

The URL above is from his YT channel. IMO really worth checking it out!

(Everything i tell you has come from his youtube channel, you can check it out for yourself.)

This is a crazy huge build of a crane. Huib spend several years completing this build. He has been at some LEGO modelshows in the Netherlands and has video's of it.

I will first post a picture so you know what I'm talking about:

mqdefault.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/v...E/mqdefault.jpg

I'm sorry that it is such a small picture.

As you can see on the picture, it has a lot of functions.

functions:

- Steering;

on axle #1, #2, #6, #7, #8, #9;

- Driving;

I assume on axle #3, #4 , #5 because they aren't steerde but i can't confirm this.

- Rotating upperstructure;

- 3 part extending boom;

- Lifting with cable;

- X-form outtriggers which can extend and lower;

- Crab steering (check

out)

i'm not sure if the crane has this function anymore because I haven't seen it on his last few video's. But it probably has.

- It can lift it's counterweight. Oh not anymore :( This function has been removed.

He said:"die functie heb ik eruit gesloop omdat die niet werkte zoals ik wilde."

This is dutch. translated to english it means:

"I removed that function, because it didn't work like I wanted it."

Other details worth mentioning:

- It has a total of 9 axles, 9!!!;

- It has stickers;

- It has a license plate;

- A Mercedes-Benz logo;

- The cab is fixed on a beam so it can move around just like in the real LTM11200;

- It has 2 large beams on the boom to keep it balanced.

- It has a metal turntable custom made.

- He hase a flickr photo stream, He shared this link on YT so i think i'm allowed to share it as well, if not let me know.

But..

There is so much more tell about it, but you can check it out for yourself.

I really think this fits on Blakbirds shelf and it could really fit in the HoF but.....

The creator has no EB account and there is (i couldn't find it) no topic about it. I don't want to make a topic myself because it is not my own creation.

I know it does not follow the guidelines, but this crane(and his creator) really deserve a big place in the technic HoF.

HoF editors can decide for themself if they add this to the HoF. let me please know what you think

Robert...

Hello Robert, I agree it is an amazing moc but since he is not a member of Eurobricks (It also does not have a topic) I do not plan of adding it.

I would also like to point out that:

1. If the model had a topic but the creator was not a member of EB then the model would still not be added.
  2. I would rather the models that do get added have the discussion topic started by the creator.
  3. Creators who "just join Eurobricks so that there model can get added" will miss that next update and get move to the following one (Its fair on the current EB members).

Alasdair is absolutely right. The HoF is meant as a collection (or Index if you will) of the best Technic MOCs created by Eurobricks members. Adding a "random" MOC from the internet kind of defeats the purpose of the HoF.

I agree that it's an awesome MOC, but I think Alasdair's judgement is correct!

I agree. But may i ask one question: what about a MOC of a "retired" (ie. No one has seen any new MOCs since years so it is valid to assume the creator isn't active anymore) creator, when the MOC has been designed long long time ago, when the MOC is duscussed here in some topics and when this MOC has been rebuild by some eurobricks members (a.o. Blakbird and myself ;-)?

And if there is a review topic for this MOC opened by a still active EB Member?

And if Even blakbird has made BI for this MOC? Even his first pdf BI ever?

What about such a MOC? May i suggest such a MOC for the HoF? It deserves it for sure... ;-)

I agree. But may i ask one question: what about a MOC of a "retired" (ie. No one has seen any new MOCs since years so it is valid to assume the creator isn't active anymore) creator, when the MOC has been designed long long time ago, when the MOC is duscussed here in some topics and when this MOC has been rebuild by some eurobricks members (a.o. Blakbird and myself ;-)?

I added the JCB excavator from Jennifer Clark,which was presented here by her this moc was at the time quite old but it meet the criteria.

I will only add new entry's if it meets all of the criteria:

(Example of the criteria meet)

1. She is a EB Member
  2. The moc is of a high standard
  3. She started the topic

And if there is a review topic for this MOC opened by a still active EB Member?

It should be a general presantaion topic started by the moc builder,not a review by another member.

Em...I am going to be honest an say I don't really care if the model has instrutions or not,or who they are made by.

What about such a MOC? May i suggest such a MOC for the HoF? It deserves it for sure... ;-)

Feel free to surgest a moc,thats what this threed is for, but ultimately I will decide if it meets the criteria or not. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

i understand

Thank you for your understanding,welcome to Eurobricks by the way. :thumbup:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

The criteria of "if it is on Blakbird's shelf then it should be in the HOF" was just a joke. Obviously I think highly of every MOC I decide to build, but I am not the sole arbiter of HOF. If you are referring to Grazi's tow truck (my first instructions), I agree that this one of the best MOCs ever but he is not a EB member.

If you just want to know which models I have built and/or made instructions for, there are other threads for that!

What a great and beatyfull train is this thing. Amezing if you ask me. This is a build for the HOF iff you ask me. Like to here the opinion of other members...

It's not even finished yet.... :wink:

It is now... :wink:

Edited by grum64

It is a great moc,but I am not too sure how much technic it has in it... :look:

I think the Union Pacific Locomotive is an example of what I would call the "Dutch school" in line with the extremely realistic creations of Edwin Korstanje. There may not be much technic visible, but they are extraordinary achievements that belong in my opinion in the Hall of Fame.

At the same time it also shows the weak point of the 100% Lego rule. Although I agree in theory, should you rule out the locomotive because it uses non-Lego wheels?