Piranha

Imperial Trading Post vs Eldorado Fortress

Elordao Fortress vs Imperial Trading Post  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Eldorado Fortress
    • Imperial Trading Post

Well let's all be honest...

Imperial Trading Post has two base plates in size and when it comes to displays she just looks more than Eldorado. That having been said there are fair points to make about both of the sets.

1. With Eldorado Lego weren't so stingy with troopers.

2. Eldorado is a fort as opposed to a port.

3. Imperial Trading Post (Always Port Royal to me) is a port as opposed to a fort.

4. Eldorado has better general architecture although both of them have enough room to house more troops.

5. You just can't beat the docks of ITP... it's the only real base model that can accomodate the ships.

I finally bought the Imperial Trading Post on eBay yesterday.

It should be in perfect condition including the original box and instructions.

Dammit! I just got bad news regarding the ebay auction I won for the Imperial Trading Post.

Here's the email from the seller I received:

Hello, i have done a big mistake and i have send the Lego 6277 an anthother

Ebayer to Hong Kong. This Ebayer bought the Lego 6277 and i dont have to

pay the carriage. Im so sorry for my mistake and send your money back to

you.

I hope I get my money back as promised. I've paid 100 euro + 17 euro for shipment.

Not really on-topic, but I have to get this out of my system.

Dammit! I just got bad news regarding the ebay auction I won for the Imperial Trading Post.

Here's the email from the seller I received:

I hope I get my money back as promised. I've paid 100 euro + 17 euro for shipment.

Not really on-topic, but I have to get this out of my system.

Wow..... that

Wow B,

That's horrible! :-O

I can't decide between the EF or ITP

can't... ...decide :S

Buy them both! X-D

That's what i pick, even though it's not an option on the poll :)

P

Dammit! I just got bad news regarding the ebay auction I won for the Imperial Trading Post.Not really on-topic, but I have to get this out of my system.

Of course its on topic! This is your very own Imperial Trading Post, and without one (or both) you can't really make an accurate assessment X-D

Are you going to leave this seller positive feedback?

Of course its on topic! This is your very own Imperial Trading Post, and without one (or both) you can't really make an accurate assessment X-D

Are you going to leave this seller positive feedback?

If I get my money back, I'll leave positive feedback and write "no problem" (or something similar).

Yeah, I'm too good for this world :-D .

But now I have to start hunting for both sets again.

Here are some pictures I took today of my modified Imperial Trading Post integrated into my city. I wasn't completely sure If I should make a new thread, so I figured this is safer.

dsc00905.jpg

dsc00906.jpg

dsc00907.jpg

dsc00909.jpg

dsc00904.jpg

My camera must have been running out of battery as I took that last one.....and others that I didn't post.... 8-|

Anyway, I'm particularly proud of this one:

dsc00914.jpg

X-D

Are you still going to get either an Imperial Trading Post or an Eldorado Fortress?

I should have responded to this a long time ago. :)

Of course I am

However I will wait until the time is right

There is still al those new SW sets to buy X-D

The Pirate theme has always been one of my favorites ;-)

Piranha

I voted for Eldorado Fortress because it was one of the last sets before my dark ages. I love it faithfully.

So why do I keep looking at the Imperial Trading Post with lust in my heart??? *wub*

Foul temptress, why dost thou torture me?

Yesterday I won an auction for an Eldorado Fortress (67 euro + 20 euro shipping). It still has the box, plastic inlay and instruction. Again I'm praying the set is in perfect condition as promised by the seller.

Btw, I got my money back from the Imperial Trading Post that I recently bought, but was shipped by accident to China.

Yesterday I won an auction for an Eldorado Fortress (67 euro + 20 euro shipping). It still has the box, plastic inlay and instruction. Again I'm praying the set is in perfect condition as promised by the seller.

Btw, I got my money back from the Imperial Trading Post that I recently bought, but was shipped by accident to China.

So did it come as you expected?

I voted for Imperial Trading Post, but only if you do what I did and swap out the Imperial Guards for Imperial Soldiers, and change the flag to the proper blue flag X-D

As has been probably said already, I don't think one can really compare these sets-they are two different types of structure.

Although as for my position in the eternal EDF vs. ITP debate, I find Eldorado is better crafted as a fort than the trading post is crafted as a harbour.

El dorado has a larger garrision and appears much harder to overrun than other lego forts-the recessed entrance, as well as the balcony offer I think (in my uninformed opinion) better defense, and the set is therefore better designed. The trading post seems too open and seems to have a lack of buildings. In addition, the cannon on the dock is rather exposed and really does not contribute to a sense of power I think was intended with the set. Sorry for the verbosity :)

Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog

(first of all Hi everyone! Here's another Pirate Fan presenting!)

The choice is quite hard... both of these sets are amazing...

But the features of the imperial trading post (the 2 separated areas, the docks, and that lovely small ship) defined my choice... i just LOVE THAT SET! *wub*

Too bad i don't have it... yet ;-)

This was a really hard choice but I voted for the Imperial Trading Post. I have long viewed it as the last great set before juniorization took over for a time. I've always thought that this was such a smart and creative design. This set also remains the great void for me because it is the last of my dream sets I have yet to get my hands on. Got Public Works last year... :'-) <--Look, a crying pirate! And look at me, posting in the Pirates Forum again. I got my feet wet...

Anyway, I think that adds to my vote, the fact that I don't own the set. The elusiveness makes it that much greater.

Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

and Hinckley Pirates never cry X-D

Its also nice to know you like Pirates and that someday you will show us some awesome MOCs

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

Wow, ITP won! I love ITP a lot (even though I do not own it), but my preferance to imperial soldiers draws me to EF. I am disinclined to acquist to vote for ITP. (If I spelled that right ;-) )

Well, I don't have any of these sets but I voted for Imperial Trading Post.

It is better IMO... and nearly perfect for my liking *wub*

It would be better to see more Imperial Guards in ITP than Pirates.

Overall It's a

*y* *y* *y*

from me for the ITP

Edited by Timento

So did it come as you expected?

It's never too late to reply, so here it is ;-) :

I've receiving my Eldorado Fortress some time ago.

Everything is in perfect condition except the box has some damage on the inside.

And I was also able to buy the imperial trading post in a garage sales some weeks ago.

I could buy an entire Lego collection for $60 which included the ITP. Yes, I was very lucky !!

Edited by bonaparte

I could buy an entire Lego collection for $60 which included the ITP. Yes, I was very lucky !!

Very lucky is an understatement, my friend X-D

;-)

Out right g!t comes to my mind :-P

I voted ITP, despite not owning it. I had EF though, loved it so, but wish I could have had ITP.

Ah those were the days. When Major was still Prime Minister, my brother and me still talked and television was 4 channels.

Can I be a child again please?

...and Hinckley Pirates never cry X-D...

Maybe only when they conquer a ship which is fully loaded with lego Ice Cube Trays :-D

Hmm...

To me, Imperial Trading Post edges it, simply becaus eof the beautiful ship. They're both great sets but one's got to win! I also feel the Eldorado Fortress' colour scheme lets it down - the mighty Skull's Eye Schooner doesn't want to attack a fortress made of cheese! A harbour made of cheese, however... *wub*

IMP! IMP! GO BABY GO!

Though I shall always affectionately reffer to her as Port Royal, guess I had the alternative name books with my sets. *sweet*