That is quite amazing - especially since that is a 405rpm motor. Which kind of blades did you use and which kind of strings are holding the model up?

Would like to see a video as well! Could it lift the rechargeable battery? That one's a lot lighter than the battery box.

Edited by jantjeuh

This is not my works, I just transferred it from a Chinese forum, and I only knew the motor is 8883-1 9v.

At the moment, there is no any new info.

Sherlock is back on UK TV (yesterday) and I love a good mystery.

I lowered the brightness on both images to look for signs of airbrushing but the images seem to be clean, even messed about with exposure and nothing, if they are fake its a pro job.

Images are 601x800, thats suggests they have been cropped and possibly altered, nothing concrete though.

If that motor spins fast enough I suppose it could fly?

1.jpg2.jpg

Edited by JM1971

Sherlock is back on UK TV (yesterday) and I love a good mystery.

I lowered the brightness on both images to look for signs of airbrushing but the images seem to be clean, even messed about with exposure and nothing.

If that motor spins fast enough I suppose it could fly?

sorry for my poor English, do you think those photo are fake?

I guess he (and most of others) thinks that this is too good to be truth, because there was big thread about LEGO flying machines, some tried to make one, and failed. Zblj used buggy motor and barely was able to lift itself off the ground with single rotor.

If this model can really fly, this would be revolutionary.

I guess he (and most of others) thinks that this is too good to be truth, because there was big thread about LEGO flying machines, some tried to make one, and failed. Zblj used buggy motor and barely was able to lift itself off the ground with single rotor.

If this model can really fly, this would be revolutionary.

I found no indications they are fake,

I added more stuff since you quoted, basically I find the photos to be genuine, for it to work that motor has to be custom job I think?

Too bad there isn't a photo of the rotors. That would make estimations of genuinity a bit easier.

unless gravitational cosntant in china is 10x lower,

Maybe the picture was taken on a really, really tall mountain :laugh:

But yes, someone should be able to reproduce this, if we also get a closeup of the rotors used.

Edited by jantjeuh

As an old rc-heli pilot and have some tried outes as well I guess this is for real until the true nature of the blades are reveilded : )

Exuse me for my bad english.........

I have done some extensive tests and this is possible, but what makes my mind heavy are the gear to the rotors, shoulld be chain for miminum weight, rpm are right, but what about the props????

I for 15 years ago made a machine 9V with a .40 stroke propp hang up in a system and it flyed off butt thats without batteries attached....

So this should work eihter orginal techinic but plades???

They seem to be contrarotating, witch makes stuff eisiler!.

My MOC will soon come up on this site..... with an intrudruction....

A lot depends on the motor. I'm sure, it's totally fake. With one M motor, you have far less power than even a super light machine (= only the motor's weight) can be made to fly.

As Zblj and others said, there is one way to be not fake: a modified M motor. But in this case, it's fake because of the motor. Compared to RC motors, a Lego motor is very weak, isn't able to raise it's own weight. Then how could it raise such a heavy (yes, this machine is very heavy in the Lego flying machine world) machine?

I made some experiments some years ago, the maximum with 100% Lego was this:

As the video prooves, Lego can fly, raise from it's own power, but with a battery box and Lego motors, I can hardly imagine.

Not only that, I don't think that quadrotor setup pictured there is stable. The ones that RC hobbyists use, with the special frames and LiPo batteries and whatnot need a flight computer to keep them stable, otherwise they'd crash. There's no way for each prop to adjust its speed on that one.

Good one. It uses an M looking motor and I would bet the rotors are not lego but real rotors off a RC helicopter or something. In my opinion there are some modifications to the motor, rotors and maybe the battery pack.

H

Can't be real. The main problem is not even the lift, the problem is stability. Even if you could produce an acceptable amount of lift, the rotors are not all exactly the same so the lift would be uneven and the model would immediately become unstable and crash. The rotors are geared together so there is no way to adjust them independently. I fly quad rotors every day and it takes a sophisticated gyro (or an awesome pilot) to keep them in the air.

This is not my works, I just transferred it from a Chinese forum, and I only knew the motor is 8883-1 9v.

At the moment, there is no any new info.

Looks interesting! Maybe you can provide the original link from the chinese forum and I might get more information?

Edited by ms09