Mr Breden

Your favorite TV show(s)

What are your favorite TV shows? Either ongoing or old ones. Feel free to discuss. Some of my current favorites are Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Sherlock and Top Gear.

Edited by Mr Breden

I loved 24 when it was on. Strike Back is my other favorite along with Game of Thrones. Nikita and The Blacklist aren't too bad either. I just have too many in my backlog of "to watch" list.

All Star Trek, in particular the Original Series and DS9, the later tends to get a bad press but for me is the best. Also some other Sci-fi, such as Red Dwarf, sitcoms such as The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Cheers, animated series such as Batman: The animated series and Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes, almost all Gerry Anderson productions and The Frank Sinatra show rank among my favourites. Problem is I watch too much TV, hence I have too many favourites. Damn you 900+ channels!

Arrow, Justice League/Justice league Unlimited, Batman The Animated Series/The New Adventures Of Batman, Superman The Animated Series/the New Adventures Of Superman. So basically all DC shows.

I've always loved Trailer Park Boys. Beneath all that stupidity, there's both an intelligent script, and a lot of heart. :thumbup:

I dont watch T.V. a lot but I follow Game of Thrones.

I remember watching Surface a few years ago but, unfortunatley, they cancelled it after the first season.

Rules of Engagement. The Jeff Bingham character was the best. CBS tried to kill this show for years but it survived long enough to produce enough episodes for syndication. The last few years of the program, CBS used it as 'spackel' to patch their prime time line up when one of their can't miss new comedies would fail.

The Sopranos was good. Phil Leatardo got whacked in the final episode at the gas station near my house.....when I used to live in NJ.

I watched All My Children everyday after work. It was cancelled a couple of years ago.

Downton Abbey. Of course, they speak a different language than me. They speak English and I speak some crude American derivative of their language. When I watch the post game interviews after a Liverpool football match, I need an interpreter to figure out what some of the players are saying. Again, that's my problem, not theirs.

And, the classic, Hockey Night in Canada.

Edited by Off the wall

Right now I'm watching The Blacklist, it's a phenomenal show and James spader is fantastic as the good/bad guy. Another show I'm loving is the silly Shipping Wars show on A&E

Edited by tomdobs55

All Star Trek with emphasis on TNG and DS9, Sopranos, BSG (2003), South Park, Soap, The Carol Burnett Show, Family Guy, Land of the Lost, Simpsons, All in the Family, Colbert Report, The Muppet Show- these are among my favorites. I was too young to understand all the sex-talk on Soap, but I laughed at all of the physical humor. Re-watching them when I got a little older was a blast since it made more sense to me. I really wish they hadn't ended the show with a cliffhanger- I would love to know what happened to all the characters.

Ridiculousness, the office, and occasionally Castle. I mix up sophisticated T.V for generic cop shows, so I guess I have "no class" when it comes to T.V, then again who does?...

The walking dead is my favorite show. I thought it was so stupid until I actually decided to watch it on netflix and I was hooked. it's the only show that's ever done that. And I also watch agents of shield. It's good but could be better. I'm also currently watching supernatural. It's good too, but I often feel some people are overacting or underacting. It's entertaining but walking dead is a lot better. I'm only on season 2 of supernatural but I doubt my opinion will change.

Generally HBO put out good stuff. I don't think they've ever made anything that wasn't watchable. Even Sex in the City had some good episodes. My favourites were Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones. I also enjoyed the one series of Luck they made.

Other series I like are the Walking Dead. I like that the zombies are the setting, but really aren't all that necessary to the plot. The main antagonists are always other humans.

South Park. it's past its best now, but series 5 - 11 were incredible.

The Simpsons. Like South Park it's pat its best, but still funny.

American Dad. I always liked Family Guy jokes, but the format meant there are very few memorable episodes. American Dad is as funny, but relates its jokes to the story, which results in some really good television.

Friends. One of the few shows I watched from start to finish.

Time Commanders and Pointless. Probably the two best game shows ever made. One was about being a general, and the other is about useless or "Pointless" information.

All Star Trek with emphasis on TNG and DS9, Sopranos, BSG (2003), South Park, Soap, The Carol Burnett Show, Family Guy, Land of the Lost, Simpsons, All in the Family, Colbert Report, The Muppet Show- these are among my favorites. I was too young to understand all the sex-talk on Soap, but I laughed at all of the physical humor. Re-watching them when I got a little older was a blast since it made more sense to me. I really wish they hadn't ended the show with a cliffhanger- I would love to know what happened to all the characters.

Another DS9 fan! As were free to discuss, what are your favourite TNG and DS9 episodes? I say episodes because I know I'd be hard to choose one. I should've added Dr Who in my original post, I've lost interest in it with Mat Smith, but I still watch the specials.

Binge-watched all 9 seasons of One Tree Hill over the Christmas break up to last week; lots of corny moments but I'm not surprised at its popularity now.

Well...

Star Trek: The Next Generation.

The Goldbergs

The Simpsons

Raising Hope

Doctor Who

Hmmm...

Well, that's all I got for now.

I'm still watching The Blacklist. Seriously great show, everyone should be watching it! Also saw the premires for Scopion and Gotham. We'll see about Scorpion, but Gotham was great!

I watch too much TV, it's really unhealthy. :grin: I love How I Met Your Mother, Futurama, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Scrubs, Arrow, and Doctor Who to name a few right off the bat. I've recently been getting into Arrested Development and Archer as well.

Also, not sure if it's a favorite of mine, but I definitely recommend the new Netflix show, Bojack Horseman. Definitely give it a watch if you can. :thumbup:

Arrow

TRON: Uprising

Star Trek (TOS and TNG)

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D

Spectacular Spider-Man

The Big Bang Theory

Avengers: EMH

The Flash (1990)

The Flash (2014) (I've only seen the pilot but I freakin' loved it)