Quick question:

would the tires from the 42000 work on this car? I have seen the list on re-brickable and it calls for some rare tires from the 8880 which I don't have.

Also would the 8871 wire work for this as well? Thanks!

EDIT: also I can't seem to put these parts on my wanted list on BL, anyone have any idea why ?

Edited by kevman

would the tires from the 42000 work on this car? I have seen the list on re-brickable and it calls for some rare tires from the 8880 which I don't have.

Also would the 8871 wire work for this as well? Thanks!

It does use the tires from 42000. If Rebrickable shows the tires from 8880 then it is incorrect (although those tires are almost the same). 8871 tires would fit but would look way too small (low profile).

It does use the tires from 42000. If Rebrickable shows the tires from 8880 then it is incorrect (although those tires are almost the same). 8871 tires would fit but would look way too small (low profile).

Rebrickable and the Brickstore file from Sheepo's site show the 81.6 x 34 tyres from 8880 vs the 81.6 x 36 tyres that 42000 has.

thanks i was meaning the wire from the power functions box for the extension, i believe it is 8871 , 50cm.

i wonder if i go the right wire, i bought this

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=58118

but the catalogue entry says it converts the former 9v system to new pf. this was in the inventory from the instructions....ARGH!!!!!!

Don't worry. It's the correct wire. :wink: One end of the wire can be used as a 9v connection (on the underside) but the top op de wire is just PF. it's a multi-functional (multi-functionomical :grin: ) wire.

Don't worry. It's the correct wire. :wink: One end of the wire can be used as a 9v connection (on the underside) but the top op de wire is just PF. it's a multi-functional (multi-functionomical :grin: ) wire.

Awesome! thanks for putting my mind at ease!

the size of this thing is amazing, I'm not even done with the rear part of hte chassis yet.

Question for those who have built the RC one, why does it pause between shifts in the video ? does the transmission disengage the wheels to allow free rolling between shifts or is there something that prevents a non-jerky shift ?

The transmission has a built-in clutch that disengages the motor while shifting. Shifting is not instantaneous, it takes about a second to get into the next gear which is why you see the reduction in speed in the interim.

Thanks Blakbird.

My impatience has led me to create a multicolored Chassis....lol. I will put up a pic shortly.

Edited by kevman

Is it possible to add PF lights in the Mustang?

Anything is possible. The Mustang lights are mounted to plates so there is no place to put the LED; this means you will need to make some modifications to make it work.

I'm curious if anyone else is in the process of building this car if you had any issues with the axle's / brakes binding ? I think it is mostly because I have some pully wheels that are not 100% round and true,so I might try swapping them for a 3x3 disk for the brake rotor.To be specific I the thin liftarms that hold the "caliper" have been bumping the pully wheel just slightly Just want to get some thought if anyone has experienced this.

I have not had any such issue. In fact, I've found that the brakes don't really apply strongly enough to stop the wheels so they are a little too loose. The total amount of motion in the brake system is very small, so if anything is a little off it makes a big difference.

Just finished ordering the necessary parts. I should have done that right away, because now I had to make a lot of small orders. It is now really hard to get the red and white 11L flex axles and 16L red flex axles in Germany.

Hopefully the parts will all arrive in time, so I can build this beast when I have my vacation (more like staycation).

People should really stop having multiple MOCs built :wink:

Have to keep most of my orders under £20 because of the silly import tax :( But i will get a lot of packages in the mail which is always fun!

Have to keep most of my orders under £20 because of the silly import tax :( But i will get a lot of packages in the mail which is always fun!

Yeah, stupid tax! I gotta do this myself soon, unfortunately. I'm building a MOC and need quite a number of blue parts, and I have to look to Germany to find them.

Yeah, it really is a pain :( Might have to ask some people to send me parts as gifts to skip that stupid tax from 1970 :(

The lack of some parts on the market forced me to make my first BL orders from other countries. Turkey, Austria, France. Hopefully they don't take too long. Stupid postage for a lot of orders makes this more expensive than I thought before.

At least, this had some learning effect ;)

Edited by Balrog

Just finished building this (RC version) and it is huge, way bigger than I expected! The gearbox is absolutely fantastic, definitely one of the best Lego constructions I've come across since returning from my dark ages. I ended up with a decent amount of spare parts which was strange since I ordered directly from the Rebrickable list, I was also short a few axles, most notably one 16L link so I had to scavenge a highly chewed one from my almost 20 year old copy of 8235, it'll do till I order another, I also have 4 81.6x34 wheels rather than the 81.6x36 ones as this was a mistake on Rebrickable till recently but the difference is very minor.

Anyway, thanks Sheepo for the fantastic building experience, I look forward to your next model!

Edited by Darth Kram

Just finished building this (RC version) and it is huge, way bigger than I expected! The gearbox is absolutely fantastic, definitely one of the best Lego constructions I've come across since returning from my dark ages. I ended up with a decent amount of spare parts which was strange since I ordered directly from the Rebrickable list, I was also short a few axles, most notably one 16L link so I had to scavenge a highly chewed one from my almost 20 year old copy of 8235, it'll do till I order another, I also have 4 81.6x34 wheels rather than the 81.6x36 ones as this was a mistake on Rebrickable till recently but the difference is very minor.

Anyway, thanks Sheepo for the fantastic building experience, I look forward to your next model!

Do you think the errors in quantity are from rebrickable or from bricklink? I ask because I too am making multiple orders based off of the rebrickable list. I noticed bricklink can be very tedious when collecting 4000+ parts.

Do you think the errors in quantity are from rebrickable or from bricklink? I ask because I too am making multiple orders based off of the rebrickable list. I noticed bricklink can be very tedious when collecting 4000+ parts.

I think they are from Rebrickable as I checked my Bricklink orders against the parts inventory supplied with the instructions and they matched so I can only assume the parts list is wrong. I have put the extra pieces into my collection now so I can't tell you exactly what was extra but it was mainly pins and axle connectors. I think the only thing I came up short with was a 4L axle and a 7L axle but I'm not 100% sure if that was from an error I made during building or from an error in the parts list. I was legitimately short 2 white beam 1 x 2 thin as there were 6 on Rebrickable and in the parts list but the model uses 8. I have got this corrected in Rebrickable though so that should be fine from now on.

Edited by Darth Kram

I haven't read this entire topic, so I don't know if anyone has said this already, but the steering wheel seems extremely small. Do you think you could have made a custom, bigger, and better one. Also with all the steering geometry and angles do you feel a significant difference in the handling.

just finished building this car. This car is absolutely amazing and the gearbox is definitely way better than the previous LandRover. It changes gear very smooth and fast.

Now its time to build madoca's wing body truck

th_ford1.jpg

th_ford2.jpg

th_ford3.jpg

th_ford4.jpg

th_ford5.jpg

th_ford6.jpg