XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I have a question regarding the Missing Bricks service on S@H, where basically you have missing bricks, quote a number from the instructions manual to prove you own the set, and lego sends you the missing parts.

My question is: is this frequently abused, and how often does Lego humour such requests? Im talking about people telling Lego that a whole minifig was 'missing' from the set they just bought.

Point of the question is, of course, whether I should try my luck.

They sent me a replacement canopy for my x-wing when it wouldn't close properly. I think if you use it as it's meant you'll be ok,but I doubt they'll honour requests if you try your luck every other week.

I think people do get banned from the system if they abuse it too much. There's definitely some algorithm in place where if you get over x amount of pieces it rings alarm bells (or something of that nature)

Anybody who has this set can you tell me how sturdy is it. I'm thinking of purchasing one and would like the scoop on it compared to 7676  and 75021. regards Kevin

8 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

Thanks. I was only wondering whether you needed to justify why you needed for eg a pair of han legs, or a darth vader cape, or whatever.

If your set came with a part(s) missing, or broken, then you can use this service. Just report what was missing/broken, TLG will send it to you quick-smart for no charge. I have done this twice in 7 years. They may ask you to send the broken or misprinted part to them.

However, if you lost/broke a part or want to just get something for free, do not use the service. Buy the part from PaB, BaP or Bricklink.

With my canopy, I discovered I wasn't the first to have this issue, and Lego requested a few pictures shwing the issue. I took a couple and sent those, as well as links to forums where people had found the same issue, and they sent out a replacement, and let me keep the old one, which was handy!

Don't be one of 'those' guys... If you have a broken or missing part, use it. If you don't, don't try abusing the service, it's dishonest and abusing their good will. 

On 09/02/2017 at 2:27 AM, roadstermatt said:

does any one know if and when the R3-M2 Minifigure (40268) Polybag & R2-D2 (30611) Polybag will be available in the uk

This, I would really like to know...  

On 11/02/2017 at 9:52 AM, Bolingbroke said:

I have a question regarding the Missing Bricks service on S@H, where basically you have missing bricks, quote a number from the instructions manual to prove you own the set, and lego sends you the missing parts.

My question is: is this frequently abused, and how often does Lego humour such requests? Im talking about people telling Lego that a whole minifig was 'missing' from the set they just bought.

Point of the question is, of course, whether I should try my luck.

I did this many a time in my younger days for free minifigures. Yes I abused the system but I was young and dumb. I got all the droids from the 2007 MTT and the clones from the republic drop ship! After a few orders though they did refuse my orders. And then subsequently added the instruction serial number feature.

ive only used the service once in the past few years but that went fine.

Whoah whoah whoah hold on a sec. I never mentioned anything about not paying for the stuff I ask for. 

It's just that I see - might be a different service, I dont know - so many people getting the licensed parts directly from Lego, I assumed it was thru the Missing Bricks service.

Anyone knows what's up with the february 17 release date for the NA star wars sets?

Is Lego having such a hard time with production plants or do they want to give batman products such a large openning? 

I wouldve said quality control but Thrawn still doesn't have yellow pips apparently. That's a bit harsh and I honestly don't mean it to be, I love TLG, but I don't know what else to call it.  

Any Aussies know if the A-Wing (75175) will be available in retail stores, or just via the Lego Shop?

12 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

Whoah whoah whoah hold on a sec. I never mentioned anything about not paying for the stuff I ask for. 

It's just that I see - might be a different service, I dont know - so many people getting the licensed parts directly from Lego, I assumed it was thru the Missing Bricks service.

Through Bricks & Pieces on S@H customer service you can either report missing/broken parts or BUY replacement parts (you may have lost, or perhaps want extras). Not all parts are available for purchase on BaP, which is why there are a few threads on here announcing certain licenced parts that have appeared on the site. It seems that the new site puts these things under the same banner, hence some of the confusion in this topic.

8 minutes ago, Rad said:

Any Aussies know if the A-Wing (75175) will be available in retail stores, or just via the Lego Shop?

From what I understand, much of the current wave will not be available at retail, including that set, sadly.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

I wouldve said quality control but Thrawn still doesn't have yellow pips apparently. That's a bit harsh and I honestly don't mean it to be, I love TLG, but I don't know what else to call it.  

IMO the reasonable explanation is because of the investement they put in the Batman. Star Wars and Ninjago are such big players they might over shadow their ( insanely large ) line of sets for the movie.

Edited by RetroInferno

1 hour ago, Artanis I said:

From what I understand, much of the current wave will not be available at retail, including that set, sadly.

Ugh. Guess I better buy it via the Lego Shop then.

Does anyone think 75098 Assault on Hoth might be getting a hefty discount this May the Fourth?  I passed on a (fairly) cheap eBay listing of the set without figures, and I'm regretting it.  I'm a diehard Hoth fan, but I can't drop 250 USD on that set.  It seems like a prime candidate for clearance this year, but you never know.  Does anyone recall the circumstances under which the UCS B-Wing was marked down to half price?  Was it just lack of popularity?

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

IMO the reasonable explanation is because of the investement they put in the Batman. Star Wars and Ninjago are such big players they might over shadow their ( insanely large ) line of sets for the movie.

You're right. This is the most logical explanation. Here in my region the Ninjago sets had been delayed until The LEGO Batman Movie is playing in theater to give way for TLBM sets to sell more. One section of a local toy shop was filled with TLBM sets in January and by 1st week of February at least half of the shelf is already allocated to Ninjago and more Star Wars

Edited by makoy

On 11/02/2017 at 9:52 AM, Bolingbroke said:

****Point of the question is, of course, whether I should try my luck.****

On 11/02/2017 at 8:24 PM, Bolingbroke said:

Thanks. I was only wondering whether you needed to justify why you needed for eg a pair of han legs, or a darth vader cape, or whatever.

On 12/02/2017 at 11:30 AM, Bolingbroke said:

No but you heavily implied it and all but said it, specifically by what I have put in asterix's. Why would you need to 'try your luck' at buying something to which no risk is involved...? 

17 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Anyone knows what's up with the february 17 release date for the NA star wars sets?

Is Lego having such a hard time with production plants or do they want to give batman products such a large openning? 

Everything comes out February 17th except the Y-Wing, which comes out March 1st.  Not sure why.

14 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

Everything comes out February 17th except the Y-Wing, which comes out March 1st.  Not sure why.

Giving our wallets a 2 weeks break I guess. Though it seems rather pointless since most people will wait for the double VIP points starting march 6.