Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

So, after building this set, I started looking at how other people have displayed it with the other modulars, and it got me thinking about the window in the kitchen that is on the side of the building. This is the first set that has windows on a side that is normally hidden by another building, so does that mean that the next set, or a future set could have an open side or a courtyard that the PR kitchen window looks upon? How are you with the other modular displaying the PR in relation to that side window?

I have mine arranged with the right side of the PR as an alley, to get to the back of the other buildings, so there is space around it, also so its easier to use the stairs on that side too.

So, after building this set, I started looking at how other people have displayed it with the other modulars, and it got me thinking about the window in the kitchen that is on the side of the building. This is the first set that has windows on a side that is normally hidden by another building, so does that mean that the next set, or a future set could have an open side or a courtyard that the PR kitchen window looks upon? How are you with the other modular displaying the PR in relation to that side window?

That window is 8 studs from the back of the groundplate. It will be obscured if you put the PR next to a corner building or next to the Town Hall.

Fire Brigade or Pet Shop all have 8 studs clearance from the back wall of the building to the end of the plate, so the window will not be obscured if you put PR next to either of those.

That window is 8 studs from the back of the groundplate. It will be obscured if you put the PR next to a corner building or next to the Town Hall.

Fire Brigade or Pet Shop all have 8 studs clearance from the back wall of the building to the end of the plate, so the window will not be obscured if you put PR next to either of those.

That is interesting to think about. I would love to see pictures of a set up like that.

I have the PR as my rightmost building so that side window is visible. From left to right, my town goes PC, PS townhouse, TH, PS, PR.

..so this will be the last modular building? :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

I seriously doubt it, the fact the carnival thing probably will be a standalone product doesn't mean we won't see a new modular early next year, PC and PR came out about a year a part, so I'm sure we'll see a new modular before long, the sun never sets on the modular line :tongue:

Question for those who would know more than I do about the PR, but what's the story as to why there is such a large space under the stairs on the front of the building?

I've made a MOD of the Parisian Restaurant - I wanted a full-size version! :-). The biggest modifications are in the back, where I had to change the stairs around. The lower apartment now has a private balcony, while the studio belongs to the upper apartment. For the interior, I made almost no changes as for now.

14784583489_cf6ef87d0e_z.jpg

14970926782_4d7e419af3_z.jpg

14784582579_624103c2b6_z.jpg

Edited by Superfunk

Superfunk and LegoSjaak.....

Outstanding. Great detail. Even with a higher price, I wish TLG would have made their PR like your creations.

Again, outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Just one picture of the interior of the ground floor:

14948302586_758ca10381_z.jpg

In the other floors I just put the standard furniture for now.

Just one picture of the interior of the ground floor:

14948302586_758ca10381_z.jpg

In the other floors I just put the standard furniture for now.

Cool......COngrats on this EPIC MOD of the PR..........:)

I've made a MOD of the Parisian Restaurant - I wanted a full-size version! :-). The biggest modifications are in the back, where I had to change the stairs around. The lower apartment now has a private balcony, while the studio belongs to the upper apartment. For the interior, I made almost no changes as for now.

14784583489_cf6ef87d0e_z.jpg

Best mod I've seen so far.

One suggestion: How about changing the four-wide and the six-wide windows on the left side of the ground floor around? That way, the columns inbetween would line up with the columns on the facade above.

How about changing the four-wide and the six-wide windows on the left side of the ground floor around? That way, the columns inbetween would line up with the columns on the facade above.

Yes, that actually makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Great MOD. I love the full scale one. I haven't really been into double wides as often, but they have their place. The double tall can be an issue for my layout also. But this one doesn't as bad as some. I think because the height and width are more to scale than the extra tall version with the side stairs and patio. My qualm is I love how the exposed chimney and patio/balcony look on the official version, but I do want it taller. And it looks like it would be hard to get into it when it is inbetween buildings.

I may have to attempt MODding it also. Although I still have to buy my first copy (and I'm still in need of the Cinema). The PR blows that out of the water though.

Yup. The PR is just outstanding in every way! And combining two of them offers so many cool possibilities. It is great seeing folks doing that so skillfully. I have bought a spare to expand the stock one already built. It has so many nice details and features both inside and outside that it is a joy to build and look at.

Modulars can be quite satisfying because so many things can be happening in the neighborhood with just a few mods. By changing the figs out front, the whole block of buildings changes. Same with cars parked out front. It does not take many changes to get a totally different look. Plants add another whole dimension of interest to the fronts, backs and tops of the modulars.

So, just wanted to let people know, if you're still bummed about the missing seagull, you might want to check your local LEGO Store's BaM bar. :grin:

Wow, the creativity you guys have with these lego Modulars are amazing. Only problem I have is that I collect other lines as well and these are mainly for my son. So spending the extra money to get 2 sets is not possible. But would be amazing if it was. But then I would have to double build a lot of these.

These double set mod here is fantastic. Especially the work done on the back stairs,

So, just wanted to let people know, if you're still bummed about the missing seagull, you might want to check your local LEGO Store's BaM bar. :grin:

Thanks for the tip! Was able to pick up 2! Case solved ^^ Bravo to Ace Brickman (and of course Tragic Banjo)

Love this modular!  How ever never really cared for the stairs on the side leading to the Dinning Terrace.  Recently modded the Brick Bank and wanted to mod the Laundry into it's own 16 wide building.  Well with the help of my new favorite baseplate the 8x32 I present to you the "French Laundry".   No, not the famous Restaurant in Northern California!

30135402260_696363d7bd_z.jpgIMG_5585 by Lego Conductor, on Flickr

Hello, so here is the start of the new renovations on my PR. I'm having second thoughts on the PR floor plan layout,  may just build it more like LegoSjaak's with the wider repeating front fascia. I modded some Lego PR plans from another persons build making the PR a corner building. These pictures are just demolition, and first floor mock up, I'm going to add one picture of the almost finished PR building in the working/building stage so that you can see the layout of what I am working with. I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole and not like the layout. I may scrap my PR corner building idea. Comments are welcome, thanks. 

Start of the Parisian renovation

This is the original PR in my city, sitting on 32x32.

Different angle front side Parisian renovation

Another angle...

Backside of the Parisian renovation

Rear of PR in the city.

Start of demo

Demo crew showed up late to work....No surprise there!

33286785758_dd13600d9b_b.jpg

"Hulk love coffee! GR-RRR"

46247837845_c3f22ef5e0_b.jpg

More demo...

Wide angle construction site

Finally, 48x32!

Construction site

Cleaning the job site up a little.

Construction site phase 2

Ready to build the PR. 

Birdseye view construction site phase 2

Lower right hand side, Harry Potter cast a falling tree spell and knocked that chef out! Oh my! 

Parisian restaurant first floor

Start of the floor plan

Parisian restaurant first floor

As a corner building its fine, but I don't know. 

Birdseye view first floor Parisian restaurant

I like the way LegoSjaak's building is a very symmetric in the design. Input would be great, as to keeping this layout or building wider.

46454520814_f1a0686b7a_b.jpg

32244875577_6b2ba348ed_b.jpg46272525095_5ab60eaca9_b.jpg33311414098_e537f8579c_b.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my organized chaos. I know the only pictures that matter are the last few, but hey with out a story, the building are just lifeless.  

Edited by TinCan