Simon_S

Chapter 1: The Little Vagabond Tavern

Simon, a ranger in the deep forests of the mighty Avalonia was straying around on the Mystic Isles, the heart of the Kingdom. Everywhere was just forest and when he thought he finally found a way, it ended soon and he stood on a cliff where he couldn't pass. It was a hard adventurous life as a ranger and one day, he was sick to death of it. He wanted to start a new life at a new place... and so the story begins:

9771262521_7c7e932cb4.jpg

He headed to the Little Vagabond Tavern, where he wanted to stay for one night, as it was one the cheapest and confident place to sleep on the isle.

In his bedroom, he lied down... rshlrsshhl. Something rustled. He had to bend over the whole bed to try to see it. And WUMMS! He fell down. But now he saw it. It was some kind of ancient pergament. He rolled it up. It was an old map of the Mystic Isles.

"But wait", he thought, "there's an isle that doesn't exist on the other maps I've seen until now". I'm sure this must be some secret place, which is surely unoccupied. There I will start my new life, I just need some fellows to go there."

On the other morning, he went to the waitress...

9935304276_a8b686ba9c.jpg

Simon: "Good morning, maid."

Waitress: "Good morning sir. Did you sleep well?"

Simon: "Not really, but considering the price I paid for my room, it was ok. Oh, and I have a Question: Do you have any guests who stay here for a pretty long time and who don't have anything to do? I need some mates to go to an adventure."

Waitress: "I thought you would be fed up with the adventurous life, but there are some lads outside in the garden who are bored. Maybe you can convince them, but I'm not sure."

Simon: "Thanks, I will have a look."

Meanwhile in the garden...

There were four people having a big banquet. Not much talking, but a lot of eating noisily.

9935426933_964b747073.jpg

There was one Knight, in full armor with almost shiny blonde hair. Sir Steven. He once was a Lord of a small area, but the people revolted and exiled him to the Mystic Isles. Now he's here and doesn't know what to do.

Next to it there sat his loyal soldier and also good friend, Thomas. His home was destroyed by Elementals long ago, he flied to the isles, where they didn't follow him.

Then, there was a young pretty lady, wearing a chainmail made by elfes, but she was a human and was called Sara. She looked like she would be easy to convince to come on an adventure.

They all were happy, most probably because of the jokes and songs of Franzisco, the bard. His mother came from Varlyrio and his father from the southern part of Avalonia. He travelled around the whole world and earned his daily bread by singing, dancing and making jokes about prominent persons.

Simon:"Hey guys! ...

9935428103_6c70ff7ee4.jpg

Some hours later, Simon walked out of the Little Vagabond Tavern with three mates, going to explore a secret isle. Franzisco was the only one who didn't join the crew.

9771630363_9e8b6b25c3.jpg

But, thirty minutes after they left...

9771284332_ba7f62f46e.jpg

So now they were complete and could start with their trip.

To be continued...

Chapter 2: The Discovery of Nalderic

Chapter 3: A Warm Welcome

Challenge 1 (A): A Bad Nocty!

Challenge 1 ©: The Genius Malignus

Edited by Simon_S

Great Build and nice back story.

the "distressed" walls on the Tavern look great and I am always a sucker for little details in builds!

great job and cant wait to see more builds!

mikey

Beautiful MOC! I agree with previous comments, the walls of the tavern look great and the characters are so well done! Nice job! :thumbup::classic:

The angle that you put the house at really adds to the scene :thumbup: The vines on the roof are also a neat touch and I love the tree design :wub:

I like the bountiful food in the picnic scene and the irregular base. Both of these builds are top-notch :classic:

Great Build and nice back story.

the "distressed" walls on the Tavern look great and I am always a sucker for little details in builds!

great job and cant wait to see more builds!

mikey

Thanks mikey! The next build is already up, I just didn't have the time to write a story yet ;).

I love the walls on the building, what a very clever technique.

Thank you! It's inspired by Legonardo's and SoT's work.

Beautiful MOC! I agree with previous comments, the walls of the tavern look great and the characters are so well done! Nice job! :thumbup::classic:

Thank you!

The angle that you put the house at really adds to the scene :thumbup: The vines on the roof are also a neat touch and I love the tree design :wub:

I like the bountiful food in the picnic scene and the irregular base. Both of these builds are top-notch :classic:

Thanks mate =). The picnic scene actually was just a quickie, not really thought out, but I still wanted to do it for the story ;).

10 of 10 Points!

Thanks!

Wow! Great build Simon! Love the inn, the tree, and the figs are great! Are you still planning on making an entry for the LOM challenge? :classic::thumbup:

Beautiful moc and photos! Fresh, lush and vibrant, a great example of classic Avalonian style! Fun story too, I look forward to seeing more of this :thumbup:

Nice moc mate, the orange accents in the tan walls are quite a beautiful touch :wink:

Liking what I see, now i want to see more

a shame you left Mitgardia because this is really a fantastic moc (as always). Great building techniques and interesting minifig posing. I really like this! :thumbup:

Great build, when I first saw the name I thought it was a copy of my bar, I was really wrong.Personally I like yours better then mine, the walls were nicely done.

I have seen this on Flickr and waited for you to post it! =) And all I can say is: hurray that you joined Avalonia! A great backstory, excellent mini posings and an outstandning moc! Well done!

Nice wall technique, I especially like the texturing but the color variations are nice as well.

The story and minifig posing are also great :)

The quality on the walls is fantastic, I also like the vegetation on roofs and the deer symbol, the whole moc is very nice.

And the characters even with a small intro, they now have charisma. I want to know more about them and their story. Keep them coming.

Great job Burri. :classic:

Lovely build Buurli, so many fantastic details! My story will be similar, somewhat. I love the story, and the tavern and trees are awesome, as are the figs! Well done!

Wow! Great build Simon! Love the inn, the tree, and the figs are great! Are you still planning on making an entry for the LOM challenge? :classic::thumbup:

Thank you. Saidly no, I'm going to vacations tomorrow and the MocOlympics were more important for me. Sorry.

Beautiful moc and photos! Fresh, lush and vibrant, a great example of classic Avalonian style! Fun story too, I look forward to seeing more of this :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words mate! I will also look forward to your story :wink:.

Nice moc mate, the orange accents in the tan walls are quite a beautiful touch :wink:

Liking what I see, now i want to see more

Yeah, I also liked them, I think I was the first who did that :grin:. You will see more soon :classic:.

a shame you left Mitgardia because this is really a fantastic moc (as always). Great building techniques and interesting minifig posing. I really like this! :thumbup:

In Mitgardia it wouldn't really have fit well, so it's not really a shame :classic:. Thanks for the comment!

Great build, when I first saw the name I thought it was a copy of my bar, I was really wrong.Personally I like yours better then mine, the walls were nicely done.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to see your next build. You really improve fast!

I have seen this on Flickr and waited for you to post it! =) And all I can say is: hurray that you joined Avalonia! A great backstory, excellent mini posings and an outstandning moc! Well done!

Thanks mate :classic:!

Nice wall technique, I especially like the texturing but the color variations are nice as well.

The story and minifig posing are also great :)

Thank you Gideon. Credit for the use of dark orange goes to Legonardo me :tongue:.

The quality on the walls is fantastic, I also like the vegetation on roofs and the deer symbol, the whole moc is very nice.

And the characters even with a small intro, they now have charisma. I want to know more about them and their story. Keep them coming.

Great job Burri. :classic:

Thank you! I won't write very long stories, I rather build in this time, so I have to keep it short :wink:.

Lovely build Buurli, so many fantastic details! My story will be similar, somewhat. I love the story, and the tavern and trees are awesome, as are the figs! Well done!

Thanks Matthew.

I can already see what a huge asset you'll be to Avalonia in Book II! Nicely done!

This is on the same level, quality-wise, as your Mitgardian builds, but a completely different style and feel. I'm absolutely loving that, and your characters definitely leave me wanting to know more about them.

Very nice looking tavern! Excellent design! One idea though is to have another solid wall of bricks or plates on the interior to hide the small gaps in the walls...

Nice moc. I love how you made the walls with the wooden beans and the inner bricks. The story is also captivating as well.

Lovely character intro Buurli! Lots of nice touches in your tavern build, but what really stands out for me is the feasting group at the trestle table - a wonderful little scene of revelry and abundance. :classic:

I can already see what a huge asset you'll be to Avalonia in Book II! Nicely done!

This is on the same level, quality-wise, as your Mitgardian builds, but a completely different style and feel. I'm absolutely loving that, and your characters definitely leave me wanting to know more about them.

Thank you! I'm not sure yet how long the story will be, but don't expect too much. I should be just the backgroundstory for my character and all the secondary ones.

Very nice looking tavern! Excellent design! One idea though is to have another solid wall of bricks or plates on the interior to hide the small gaps in the walls...

Thank you :classic:. Actually, the thing with the inner wall could get a little bit complicated, because of the half stud inset but I might try that in the future.

Nice moc. I love how you made the walls with the wooden beans and the inner bricks. The story is also captivating as well.

Thanks kermit :classic:.

Lovely character intro Buurli! Lots of nice touches in your tavern build, but what really stands out for me is the feasting group at the trestle table - a wonderful little scene of revelry and abundance. :classic:

Thanks Gabe. The feasting scene was actually just a 15 minutes quickie to complete the first part of the story, but I also like how it turned out.

Awesome MOC and mini-MOC's!!! Also congratz on the fantastic photography!

Awesome work, in particular with the house :thumbup: :thumbup: