SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Both are pretty important. Though in my opinion, the prizes and chance of winning are greater in SG, but in Challenge II you can gain more influence in the overall GoH storyline. Sorry that doesn't quite narrow it down for you but...

Edited by Scaevola

That's a tough question. I'd aim for both but try to do the challenge II first.

Which, in your opinion, is more important for a Kaliphlinite to enter- the Sultan's Gate community build, or the Challenge II? I'm thinking that, for Sultan's Gate, I have a slightly better chance of winning something, but then again, the Challenge is more prestigious and important to the overall story. Hmmm...

Yeah, definitely a tricky one. I'd go for the challenge II entries first, even just one or two categories helps, and then maybe pull out a sultan's gate build if you have the time. I'm doing a similar thing - no Cat C entry for me sadly, as i'm gearing up for a show and have to keep everything together throughout June. (will run out of bricks)

Yeah, definitely a tricky one. I'd go for the challenge II entries first, even just one or two categories helps, and then maybe pull out a sultan's gate build if you have the time. I'm doing a similar thing - no Cat C entry for me sadly, as i'm gearing up for a show and have to keep everything together throughout June. (will run out of bricks)

Yeah... I start running out of bricks when I have two assembled mocs :laugh:

I´d say Challenges are the main event, and community builds, like, "side quests" :P but on the other hand, having an awesome community build with as many members participating as possible sounds great

Yeah, i remember that feeling all too well! I've only recently managed to train myself out of the habit of breaking all my previous sets and mocs down just so i know i have enough to build with. :wink:

Yeah, i remember that feeling all too well! I've only recently managed to train myself out of the habit of breaking all my previous sets and mocs down just so i know i have enough to build with. :wink:

Doesn't that mean more bricks need to be bought?

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

Not necessarily. It could mean that you learn to build with a more limited palette. I've done that a couple times when I didn't want to take apart a MOC yet.

Well, it's an infinite cycle- you buy bricks, you work to get money for more, then you don't have time to build with them because you're working :tongue:

Not necessarily. It could mean that you learn to build with a more limited palette. I've done that a couple times when I didn't want to take apart a MOC yet.

After doing a heavily-rockworked build in February, I still haven't done any major rockwork. :wink: You're right about that.

In other news, I just heard from a native speaker of Arabic that "Ibn" actually means "Son of," and that "bint" is the proper word to use for a woman. So... yeah.

Just pretend I titled my character intro correctly :blush:

Well, our LUGbulk orders should be arriving soon - i'm just waiting for that! :wink:

Well, our LUGbulk orders should be arriving soon - i'm just waiting for that! :wink:

I've heard legends of LUGbulk from weary, travel-worn wanderers. They tell stories of vast, dirt-cheap quantities of bricks, straight from the Lego company. Are the ancient legends true?

I've heard legends of LUGbulk from weary, travel-worn wanderers. They tell stories of vast, dirt-cheap quantities of bricks, straight from the Lego company. Are the ancient legends true?

I heard about it and when I asked about joining a LUG, it was one of the first selling points. The magic of the Lugbulk program.

@Thomas - You should definitely do the main challenge. Then you can visit me in Avalonia, the one land free of sandstorms, snowstorms AND sulfur storms.

You just have rainstorms. (They make the trees grow!)

Are you interested in trying to coordinate something?

You just have rainstorms. (They make the trees grow!)

Are you interested in trying to coordinate sunbathing?

Advisory, I've live top cincinnati something!

Er... Autocorrect is so amusing, I think I'll keep it that way. Anyway, I'd be happy to meet up. My character is headed for Albion right now to prevent a plague, I believe.

Edited by Gilbert Despathens

This short article is a reasonable definition of LUGbulk and how it operates. For additional information, i would contact either a LEGO ambassador or your local LUG. :classic: Stuff we are not allowed to discuss are the specifics of our orders and in particular, the prices paid, but i think you can figure out for yourself that it's a worthwhile thing to investigate! :wink:

This short article is a reasonable definition of LUGbulk and how it operates. For additional information, i would contact either a LEGO ambassador or your local LUG. :classic: Stuff we are not allowed to discuss are the specifics of our orders and in particular, the prices paid, but i think you can figure out for yourself that it's a worthwhile thing to investigate! :wink:

I wish I knew where the nearest LUG was. I've heard that there's a Lego club in the town where I'm going to go to college, though, so that might work.

I love LUGBulk, I mean that thing we are not supposed to talk about. But why make it more difficult this year, Lego?

Edited by MassEditor

I will go to the South so the trader can come from the Nestlands. His name is Eglarin Vargolas (Otherwise known as 'Egg') he visits Illarix from time to time and maybe even stays over and bunks with Udo! :cry_sad: Don't know those details yet. Let me know more about the Nestlands and I can weave that into my stories. Egg is the blonde boy on the left:

13997076987_7acb687a11_z_d.jpg

Welcome Illarix :classic: Looks like we are close neighbours too as my city (Mpya Stedor) is located 50 miles west of Berigora :wink:map

My apologies for not saving your fathers castle. It must have happened in the period I was away and my troops were sieging Eastgate :sceptic:

To all: yeeey, I am building again :grin: I also discovered I owe you guys 3 new MoC's who are still waiting to be posted :blush:

I start to run out when I'm halfway through one assembled MOC!

That's what I keep telling my wife....

I wish I knew where the nearest LUG was. I've heard that there's a Lego club in the town where I'm going to go to college, though, so that might work.

Anyone know of a LUG in South Korea?

Anyone know of a LUG in South Korea?

I'm pretty sure there is one, there are some very good and active Korean builders who exhibit together. I'm afraid I don't have any details though.

snip

To all: yeeey, I am building again :grin: I also discovered I owe you guys 3 new MoC's who are still waiting to be posted :blush:

Welcome back DM :thumbup: Glad to see you around again, and I'm looking forward to seeing those builds :classic:

Nice. Closest one to me is four hours' drive away. :hmpf_bad:

Advisory, I've live top cincinnati something!

Er... Autocorrect is so amusing, I think I'll keep it that way. Anyway, I'd be happy to meet up. My character is headed for Albion right now to prevent a plague, I believe.

Okkk then. Have fun in top cincinnati. :tongue:

Hey DM, glad your back, it's been a while!

BTW, I think we should really start recruiting more GoHers for the BMA!

Nice. Closest one to me is four hours' drive away. :hmpf_bad:

Heh, my issue is not distance (after all, using a forum online is fine) but rather language. I could join the Danish LUG but my Danish is... okay-ish, so I'd have to google translate most posts :P Haven't really felt the need for bulk ordering anyway *shrug* I guess it will come with time :P