Me and My Building Desk - March 2016

After the very poor photo I posted above yesterday, last night I got out the dSLR and took some "better" ones.

Building%2BDesk%2BMarch2016%2B%25280%2529.JPG

Building%2BDesk%2BMarch2016%2B%25281%2529.JPG

Edited by Paul B

We know the story behind your lack of sets. I would very well like to see the interior of your new shed, even though it's mostly empty space :wink:

Makes a nice reference picture to compare with one taken in about a year or two.

Exactly :laugh:

Indeed a nice way to use those Bionicle cups :thumbup:

@grum64 ... I agree with Jim! We know what was involved in getting funds for your space... So a few empty shelves don't mater.

Photos! Photos! Photos!

Andy D

We know the story behind your lack of sets. I would very well like to see the interior of your new shed, even though it's mostly empty space :wink:

Makes a nice reference picture to compare with one taken in about a year or two.

It's not a question of not having sets, I still have 45+ left, it's not having any other than those mentioned built and on the shelves. I've recently had a stay in hospital and spent the few weeks afterwards building my Racers 1/17's and 8654 Scueria Ferrari Truck. They were on the shelves so it looked better in there but I've now sold most of the 1/17's and the truck's next then a few more Technics to sell. All proceeds will go towards the 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator and a 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 when they come out.

As for the pictures, I'll get some taken soon. Please don't expect anything like some of the beautifully decorated and planned out rooms on these pages, it's a shed after all and a very utilitarian one at that, but as I've said before, it suits my needs and now Jake & George's, our beautiful Grandsons. They've 'moved in' & now have their own table to build/play on and some shelves for their builds. Gilly has a shelf for her Modulars also.

I think it's now the best sort of LEGO shed. A family one.

Edited by grum64

All proceeds will go towards the 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator and a 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 when they come out.

I think it's now the best sort of LEGO shed. A family one.

Looks like we're all waiting for August for new large Technic sets.

And, I agree, the family that builds LEGO together...

Andy D

This is all I have and all I need sofar...

Looks fine to me. It doesn't rally matter where you build as long as it you enjoy building in that environment and it suits your needs.

Curiousity forces me to ask what you're building, it looks really good.

Edited by grum64

Looks fine to me. It doesn't rally matter where you build as long as it you enjoy building in that environment and it suits your needs.

Curiousity forces me to ask what you're building, it looks really good.

Thanks! I just posted a new topic about the build in the image: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123304

I am totaly agree with that. :thumbup:

Cant have a building place without LDD nowadays :wink:

Yep, it is impossible :classic:

Another visit to Ikea planned tonight for another desk. From a I to a L to a U setup :laugh:

Do I see "O" coming next? ;)

Hehe I think that's pushing it...

New stuff is in. I'll probably be building tomorrow and Saturday. Somehow this feels like LEGO :laugh:

New stuff is in. I'll probably be building tomorrow and Saturday. Somehow this feels like LEGO :laugh:

Except lego has better instructions :p

Jim you reminded me that I have a small unit/cabinet to build ( from Ikea ). :laugh:

Good luck with that. Want me to review it?! :wink::laugh:

Except lego has better instructions :p

Hehe indeed. Eventhough most Ikea objects are so easy to build, I somehow manage to make mistakes. But I have been doing some extensive Ikea building this year, so I have good faith that I won't make any mistakes this weekend :laugh:

Yes, but IKEA has Swedish Meatballs

I do feel a Scandinavian vibe.....getting Swedish furniture for my Danish hobby. Now, I need to find something from Finland as well.

Sorry for this off-topic nonsense by the way. Hope the old grumpy moderator doesn't mind :tongue:

I am totaly agree with that. :thumbup:

Definitely +1

Recently I saw some awesome LEGO rooms (or almost LEGO houses). There's always a bigger fish. So enjoy the things you have. It could also be much worse.

I do feel a Scandinavian vibe.....getting Swedish furniture for my Danish hobby. Now, I need to find something from Finland as well.

Sorry to jump in to OT. Maybe you just listen to finish monstor rock (LORDI) while your building?

Sorry to jump in to OT. Maybe you just listen to finish monstor rock (LORDI) while your building?

I will give it a try. I'm sure it's totally my cup of tea :laugh:

(looked them up. +1 for their outfits)

Well, you could buy Vesa Lehtimäki's book! Maybe it would be an inspiration to your already excellent photography.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465440097

Edited by Beard

Well, you could buy Vesa Lehtimäki's book! Maybe it's an inspiration to your already excellent photography.

http://www.amazon.co...duct/1465440097

That's a great suggestion. I really do admire his work.

It's in my shopping cart to add to my next order. Thanks for the suggestion :wink:

Have fun Jim with the Swedish construction set this weekend :laugh:

:tongue:

It serves a higher purpose; transforming my storage room into a building room. I might even produce a MOC this year :laugh: