Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

aah, a new thing to make it RC :wink:

Pickup, bulldozer or both?:)

Technic is not popular in the USA Iv heard. It's a euro thing :)

Anyway back on topic.

Actually, at my local TRU they sold out of all Technic sets, except 9398 (boring functions) during December, also on-line as well. The 42000 has been sold out at TRU for months, yet they still display it. I think that there is as much Technic interest in NA region as some of the other themes - most likely production and distribution in 1Q 2014 has been diverted to support other themes - Princess, Movie :angry:

Back on topic - is the pickup 4x4? 4 wheel steer? other functions - lights, winch, tilting bed?

Edited by JGW3000

pickups are boring. they can only drive and steer.

I love that man ^^ :laugh:

But of course lets make it pneumatic....

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

the delta dozer of course, pickups are boring. they can only drive and steer.

Dozer can only move socks on the floor:)

And pickup can be lifted, pimped, motorized. It can drive thru obstacles, wooooo

:)

Not for me, as I have two disassembled 8448's and participated in the Brick Race during LFW 2012. :grin:

I meant 5x11 red panels, but forgot to mention. :tongue:

Pick-ups can drive via a 5 speed transmission and many can change between 2 and 4 wheel drive via a second transfer gearbox. Many can also lock their diffs and have live axle suspension. Some also have winches. They can be mechanically quite interesting, like a land rover defender, so lets see what they do :devil:

Edited by allanp

Back on topic - is the pickup 4x4? 4 wheel steer? other functions - lights, winch, tilting bed?

... it has tilting bed ...

The lack of availability of the 1H2014 sets in the USA is getting really annoying. We don't even have a prediction of when they will be available.

The pick-up is mid-range model with cargo bed made of red 5x11 panels and the 8081 tyres .....

Those 5x11 panels are going to be nice. They were super hard to get since they only came in 8258.

Not for me, as I have two disassembled 8448's and participated in the Brick Race during LFW 2012. :grin:

Tons of red panels, which are currently quite rare.

Red curved panels are quite common which is why you see so many red supercar MOCs. Red 5x11 panels are hard to get.

Actually, at my local TRU they sold out of all Technic sets, except 9398 (boring functions) during December, also on-line as well. The 42000 has been sold out at TRU for months, yet they still display it. I think that there is as much Technic interest in NA region as some of the other themes - most likely production and distribution in 1Q 2014 has been diverted to support other themes - Princess, Movie :angry:

Hand of God front wheel steering.. 4 Wheel independent suspension.. It also has a winch...

I always wanted the 42025 cargo plane. I might attempt to make an "ultimate" of it too.

I have a possibility to buy it for 103 Euro without box, but I am not sure... I wonder if the price will go down significantly later this year.

Hand of God front wheel steering.. 4 Wheel independent suspension.. It also has a winch...

Paul, will it have V8 with 3 differential transmission and 4wd?

Which real car it introduces?

Edited by rm8

While most people are 'debating' the 2014-2H sets ... here in the US we can't even buy the 1H sets yet. Any word from this, from the Lego Ambassadors we have in this forum?

My suspicion is that the 2013 sets did not sell too well and there are still plenty of them in stores.

I think it is just a matter of time. ;)

The pick-up is mid-range model with cargo bed made of red 5x11 panels and the 8081 tyres .....

Something like this:

I hope is not true, that this heavy pickup will have that low profile 8081 wheels on final model.That balon tyres from preliminary looks great for this kind of vehicle.Wheels from 8081 looks bad even on 8081 himself.

Wheel is 81 mm like in 42005. Look at the picture that leaked. It is too wide to be 68 mm...

Edited by rm8

Wheel is 81 mm like in 42005. Look at the picture that leaked. It is too wide to be 68 mm...

Yeah, they're the same as the 42005...