Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Now that's a wonderful and colourful set.....might have to start collecting these again ! :laugh:

All those parts in those bright colours.....next year we should see lots of colourful MOCs containing those parts. :wink:

Edit - link to larger image of the Juice Bar http://i-store.walma.../Enlarged_.jpeg

Sure will ;) I already have plans for some American trains and Art deco buildings. This set looks art deco itself with all those curves.

Even if Juice bar is not as good this year Bakery I still adore it. Love all the pieces- delicious colors, printed (hopefully) slices of citruses, pineaple and my favorites- new icecream piece in silver and red apple!

I will use all the pieces to beef up my lovely bakery anyway! :D

Me too! unfortunately as can be told by the hi-res, the parts are stickered. I'm content with that for MOCing reasons but at times I prefer it printed.

Uh... double juice bar competition? Though both are cute....

The inclusion of animals seem to be more variable and successful. Ironically City sets never actually made something like Zoo parks.

Edited by Dorayaki

This set is even more appealing now that we get to se the pictures in HD, it is now a must have for me, because it looks like something that I could turn in to something Modular.

The bright colors and and the amount of details, just amazing.

I must own at least one (and maybe one for the parts)

This is cute and has some great parts. A definite must have for me!

I absolutely love the juice bar and its not too girly looking with respect the colour choice. In fact when it comes to a juice bar I think tropical and that is the tone of colours I expect. I qm definitely picking this one up. It just too bad the city theme doesnt allow for such variety. I glad the friends line was introduced because if it didnt we would not of gotten sets like these.

Im interested to see what mini builds are in the bar.

Beautiful colors and interesting design - looks very Wonkalicious. I love how the sign is built, but wish those pieces were printed. The pineapples are delightful.

Bring on the farm and the beach house!

I absolutely love the juice bar and its not too girly looking with respect the colour choice. In fact when it comes to a juice bar I think tropical and that is the tone of colours I expect. I qm definitely picking this one up. It just too bad the city theme doesnt allow for such variety. I glad the friends line was introduced because if it didnt we would not of gotten sets like these.

Totally agreed! The Friends design team is doing an amazing job. I bought ONE City set in 2013 (the motorcycle transporter) .. but I bought about ten Friends sets. Everything in these sets is fantastic -- great parts and details, fun colors, and some welcome new designs and concepts. Until Lego City gets out of the police / fire rut, that theme is officially dead to me.

I know I've asked this question earlier in this topic, but it sort of got trampled all over by comments about the juice bar. So here I am, asking it again. :sweet:

Does anyone know the LEGO ID codes for the new golden ornaments and bamboo parts in set 41042? I'd really like to know. Thanks in advance.

It isn't an ice cream piece in silver. It's the ornamental piece just like in the tiger set posted earlier.

Where is that piece on the picture? I just don't see it.

It's used as an ice cream part in the beach house.

Where is that piece on the picture? I just don't see it.

Look at the big grey machine on the inside. There appears to be a salt shaker looking thing under the handle. The lid is the piece.

-Sci

some new pictures. More apples and new type of leaves, strawberry tiles, windsurf. Edited by Yooha

Yeah brickset posted new images of all of the friend sets plus creator and Disney princess. A lot of great pieces next year.

The amount of awesome new food will get me to buy these sets. I have never bought a Friends set (mainly because I go "ehh to no roofs and lessees sales) but there are strawberries, red apples, cookies and whatever might be a printed piece in the juice stand. Really nice sets. So far the only sets I like in 2014.

The Sunshine harvest looks very promising set! The Barn/Stable in otherhand have great build but it seems to be very boring, with colors that hurt my eyes and it looks like a rehash from the stables.

The beachhouse... Very cool but it's not my cup of tea. :)

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Strawberies, pineapples, cookies, red apples, white hens... no wonder these new sets are so yummy!

The juice bar is particularly delicious - very bright but just so beautiful, I love everything about it.

Sunshine Harvest is really nice but I still can't stand the colors of the ranch (though I'll buy it anyway...). I like the foal in new color and the beach house is excellent.

I'm so excited, the Friends sets are all I wanted as a child and want now for my city.

I'm totally digging the beach house set......link http://i-store.walmart.ca/images/WMTCNPE/NewImages/c66e23b2fd1c43558b2a0519b5542b8e/Enlarged_.jpeg, might city-ify this design for my Lego City layout it would be cool by the 2011 marina. :grin:

At least the designers have added a bathroom....something usually missing in city sets apart from one construction sets from 2005. :wink:

I'm totally digging the beach house set......link http://i-store.walma.../Enlarged_.jpeg, might city-ify this design for my Lego City layout it would be cool by the 2011 marina. :grin:

At least the designers have added a bathroom....something usually missing in city sets apart from one construction sets from 2005. :wink:

Wrong set picture, LT. :grin:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-friends-stephanies-beach-house-41037/6000134546300

I love that Beach House set. There's nothing revolutionary about it, but it still looks fantastic. And, yes, that bathroom. :wub:

There was a rather nice bathroom in 3315 Olivia's House. :wink:

There was a rather nice bathroom in 3315 Olivia's House. :wink:

I remember with a shower curtain too.....a brick-built one if memory serves me correct.

With all these wonderful new accessories and building ideas......Friend's set designs can totally make the city cross-over ! :grin:

I'd say horses and horse-related sets are the Friends equivalent of Police and Fire in City. LEGO just keeps doing them (and if you look at LEGO's girl-oriented lines over the years, they always have).

The non-horse sets look pretty cool, though. I wonder why the Friends never seem to interact anymore- they're always hanging out with more and more of their different friends than with each other.