Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

They all look pretty good... But for me the clear-cut standout set is the Car Transporter. Well done!!! I'm also very impressed with the Logging Truck, and although I have little need for it, the big Tow Truck is a brilliant design as well.

Also, it certainly doesn't appear that the "Short Order Cook" minifig is included with that camper. Looks like a solid red cap and plain blue legs. Hmmmmm....

I was looking at the photo, and noticed those road baseplates look different. To me anyways, it looks like there are some new road plate sizes, especially the long one infront of the monster truck, and a decidedly short one infront of the auto-transporter. So, do you think they're new road plate sizes? I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

I was looking at the photo, and noticed those road baseplates look different. To me anyways, it looks like there are some new road plate sizes, especially the long one infront of the monster truck, and a decidedly short one infront of the auto-transporter. So, do you think they're new road plate sizes? I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

I just noticed that too! That's way more exciting than another batch of oversized, repetitive vehicles. That camper in particular is very disappointing. Looks too similar to the white and lime green one from a few years back.

_I_ was the first one to discover but thats ok... :) Great news and great trucks ;)

http://www.brickset....D=8061#comments

Yep, that's where I took it from (I gave credit to Brickset but forgot to mention you, sorry).

As for the sets, I really like the tow truck (very iconic); the logging truck might be interesting, but it looks very similar to the 2012 Mine truck. The black jeep looks a bit too plain, so does the camper. Hopefully, we'll soon see bigger pics.

I can't say I'm disappointed from what can be made out from the low resolution photo. The camper looks similar, but also a lot better than the previous one and the car transporter and crashtender look great. I bet that Pierre Normandin designed the big tow truck.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. TLG are known to cut up baseplates for these shots.

Oooooh canoe! :drool:

On a different note the camper seems pretty much the same as the one from a few years back, but the octan race car seems like a new design.When was the last time Lego has a formula race car in city anyway?

Okay, what looks AWESOME so far, logging truck, airport fire tender and car transporter, next are the okay ones being the camper, 4x4, and lighting truck. The so-so designs - monster truck and worse one of the lot is the racing car.......it's more like a Le Man's style of racing car. I would of preferred a NASCAR or Super V8 style of racing car.

But still I look forward to those three big sets......though I will get them all.....it's city. :grin:

Love the logging truck and the car transporter - two sure buys. Should also serve nicely as bases for MODding. Airport, well, my city doesn't have one. :blush: OK, it doesn't have a forest either...

Top on my list: the car transporter and the lighting truck. The latter one will suit perfectly in my yet to assemble city, the former, well, I'll find a space for it somewhere in town... ;) Sme for the logging truck which could easily be transformed to a building materials transport - a, I convinced myself, that one will be on my list too.

Tow truck looks great, but a bit big for my city. Same for the crashtender, looks promising, but I have no idea where it would fit in my city-plan.

Rest looks okay, but not really my thing.

Camper is redesigned (front looks a bit like the orange repair truck from this year), but looks disappointingly much like the one from a few years ago.

Some nice parts in these sets, agree the RV looks too much like the last one.

Gotta stop buying so much LEGO though (both because I dont have a lot of money to devote to LEGO and because I dont have a lot of space to devote to LEGO)

Well, out of all of those, I'm really liking the Jeep and the Camper vehicles! Oh, and now I'm starting to like the Light Repair truck, as it's supposedly around $10 and looks adorable. :grin:

The Tow Truck is pretty big, but I'm curious to see up close pictures of it. I think I'd get the Transport Truck over the Tow Truck, another set I'm waiting for bigger pictures on. And the Airport Truck set? I'll pass. I liked the OG better.

I, for one, am really liking the repair truck, to the left of the green and red racecar, by the light. :wink:

TLG are known to cut up baseplates for these shots.

Shocking! :laugh:

Edited by Lego Spy

I need to see better pictures, but that Camper van doesn't look quite right, but it looks more like a great starter for a Food Truck Mod. I'm in!

Who are we kidding? I know I will buy them all! haha. I'm really liking all the designs. I noticed the baseplates as well. They may be something new but whenever TLG does these images the baseplates are usually cut for the set up. Either way I'm certainly excited however I am falling behind this year in collecting. (Certainly with Star Wars sets...) The car transporter looks to be my favourite at the moment. :laugh:

I like to figure out how they make those buildings in the background. Usually the commercials do a great job of showing them off.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. TLG are known to cut up baseplates for these shots.

Well that would explain the small curve, that's for sure. I still wonder about that really long road base plate though. Maybe it's just the camera angle? :shrug_confused:

The lighting repair truck and the camper seem a bit redundant but the logging truck, tow truck, and car carrier look quite nice. Can't wait to see more!

hmmm, logging truck is mine.

I think i gonna recreate the towing truck in orange, like my other service vehicles.

I really like the camper, I amost got the older one that was very similar, but I missed it. The black SUV and the rally car are good looking too. I want to like the blue wrecker in the middle, but it looks silly being so small. In fact all of the other vehicles are way too small of scale. Would they be too expensive to have them minifig scale, or do people just like really tiny trucks? :sceptic:

I can't stand everything in the front is horrible. Just reissued sets from the last few years that don't really look any better. he race car is really odd looking. The SVU was better with the motor bikes. However the car carrier and the logging truck make up for everything else. And another monster truck so you can race with this year's is nice.