peter_m

41999 from shop.lego.com - problems, concerns, questions, answers

So mates, may be we have to launch CUUSOO campaign for Boss? Sure we can do 10000, may be TLG understanding the problem will take postive decision before we count 10000...

?

Edited by rm8

I doubt it will be successful, but you will definitely get my vote! :thumbup:

Wouldn't it be possible to make some sort of petition and play this via a Lego Ambassador?

I doubt it will be successful, but you will definitely get my vote! :thumbup:

Wouldn't it be possible to make some sort of petition and play this via a Lego Ambassador?

Good idea, Petition can be supported by CUUSOO votes!

I will do CUUSOO entry.

you will definitely get my votes rm8,

but how is this possible legally ? I mean didn't TLG owned the winning sets (ie the 41999) or would you design other frame?

either way, you'll still get my vote :)

^ That photo makes me so mad, it is totally unfair to people who can't even get one let alone 26.

Collecting 26 sets for scalping is simply sick. I can only feel sorry for these lowly scalpers. :hmpf_bad:

So mates, may be we have to launch CUUSOO campaign for Boss? Sure we can do 10000, may be TLG understanding the problem will take postive decision before we count 10000...

?

To be honest, I think the chances of it getting 10,000 are going to be very difficult. If not for the scalpers, everyone who wants the 41999 set would have one. Submitting a set to Cuusoo that already exists is kind of pointless. Lego is well aware of the situation with the 41999. All they need to do is make the parts available through their website.

All they need to do is make the parts available through their website.

Some of them were available for sale, but these were sold out quickly. However you can still buy the rims.

Some of them were available for sale, but these were sold out quickly. However you can still buy the rims.

I tried that and got the answer that they cannot be sold, as they are licensed parts.

Even if they are mentioned on the service.lego.com website, you won't be able to buy them.

From what I have heard from a member on here was that only the Blue 5 x 11 panels were available.

I don't know why Lego is making a big deal out of the blue and silver parts. They say they are licensed. Licensed by who??? Lego? :laugh:

Maybe the color is licensed?

Licensed by who? It looks like the same dark blue color that is in other sets. There is no outside car company attached to this, so I don't see what the big deal is. They did the same thing with the Unimog saying that the orange parts were not allowed to be purchased because they were licensed by Mercedes. That I can almost understand since Mercedes was involved. The licensed orange coloed parts was the same orange that Lego had always used.

Lego already screwed up the purchasing procedures for the 41999 by letting scalpers buy up over 1/2 of the inventory, so the least they can do is make available the parts so that anyone that has a crawler can change it if they want.

Licensed by who? It looks like the same dark blue color that is in other sets. There is no outside car company attached to this, so I don't see what the big deal is. They did the same thing with the Unimog saying that the orange parts were not allowed to be purchased because they were licensed by Mercedes. That I can almost understand since Mercedes was involved. The licensed orange coloed parts was the same orange that Lego had always used.

Lego already screwed up the purchasing procedures for the 41999 by letting scalpers buy up over 1/2 of the inventory, so the least they can do is make available the parts so that anyone that has a crawler can change it if they want.

I have to agree here. LEGO had some serious missteps through this whole process. The parts should be available.

My 41999 is missing it's winch rope. :cry_sad:

My first attempt to get a replacement was fobbed off with a "we don't always hold stock for old sets, try Bricklink" standard response.

Before I proceed with another grumble to Lego and check out Bricklink, was the 41999 rope actually a standard part that I could get an accurate substitute for from another set? Or was it unique to this set?

Some guys claimed that it is slightly thicker than the standard rope. But I can't confirm that.

I've heard that as well. As far as I know, it's different than the standard rope.

Thanks for the info - it does look the same as the 42009 in pictures, which would make sense. This TechnicBRICKs review agrees:

Here LEGO used the same new string type as used on the 42009 Mobile Crane MK II, which is one of a thicker type and made of a different type of fibers. To avoid the string shredding,a common trick is used and it is supplied with burnt tips.

LEGO's replacement part website shows the 42009 string as currently out of stock, but that's better than for the 41999, where it didn't exist.

Maybe the fact that it wasn't in the system prompted the "we can't help for old parts from old sets" auto-response - I've referenced the 42009 part in my request this time...

I think this is actually the first time I've ever had a totally missing part - bit unfortunate for it to happen in a limited-edition set. (Although I have had a few faulty ones).

Off topic but I just saw on Instagram that someone bought 200 of these sets. People like this make me sick :sceptic:

Can you post a link?