Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Dang, finally another color for the awesome headphones hairpiece. Where are these things going to be available?

Maybe it has something to do with the "every think is awesome" song? Presidents Business and one of his robot henchmen profiles talk of using music as a weapon or something like that.

Interesting figure indeed! I hope the brown is just the regular light brown or dark brown, I can't really tell from the picture.

Has anyone seen this, it is The LEGO Movie - TV Spot 1 in the end of the clip Benny's ship can be seen with Metal Beard standing on top of it...

I saw this on Facebook, it was awesome!

Radio DJ robot, the package it says. Might just be your run,of the mill DJ robot. Unlike C-3dj or Maximilian spinnin'.

I really want an exclusive figure from buying movie tickets!!

It looks amazing! They gave him brown hair which is great, new color for headphones, a brand new shirt (based on Master Builder Academy),

and new belt printing. The torso can just be useable for minifigs though because of a sliver or grey near the collar.

Benny's ship looks amazing, but I was hoping we'd get the classic spacemen in all their colors. Here's hoping for a return to Classic Space after Galaxy Squad!

Benny's ship looks amazing, but I was hoping we'd get the classic spacemen in all their colors. Here's hoping for a return to Classic Space after Galaxy Squad!

Word.

Hey is that SeaTron in your avatar?

Uh...... I thought it's another alterego of Emmet. Obviously not. But why no specific name for this guy

http://goods.ruten.c...?21311185036494

That is a good polybag for parts, the hair, torso and printed legs will be nice to reuse in City. :thumbup:

I'm still holding out for Green Lantern in the Blu-ray release, those minfigs are usually packaged in their own plastic case over a polybag.

Here's some pictures from the brief glimpse of Benny's ship.

538FF54D-66B1-4DE2-9873-C92A689E7C82-448-0000003E3C514CE3_zpsdcaff13d.jpg

A3F17DF6-E5E8-4883-A2A9-2891CC20CCFA-448-0000003E4B5DEDB6_zps8ddfc0f7.jpg

AA608182-464B-4855-8BA7-40251881B42F-448-0000003E51811DE7_zps2832e3d0.jpg

Also does anyone know who's ship this is? I haven't seen it until now

D07202B7-709C-44CE-A7AB-92C9B54A7F58-448-0000003E57EBBEEA_zpsf9e5cd32.jpg

Looks like that last ship may belong to WyldStyle, as there is a giant 'WS' on the side. It also looks like it has been built of parts from Cloud Cuckoo land too, which is awesome. :classic:

Edited by TNT apples

Despite the prices in other countries (which I think have their own retail markups), I believe the Spaceship will be $90 USD, the Construction Mech $50, and the Dropship $70.

That seems reasonable to me, since LEGO kept most of their other prices down for LEGO Movie sets. LEGO wants customers to afford their products, and they know we'll buy LEGO sets at cheaper prices. With that in mind, if the Sea Cow will be expensive, it may go for no more than $200, with the other sets for no more than $100.

Meanwhile, I see that this set has popped up on Brickset. The Lego Stores are advertising a free accessory pack starting the last week of January, so this is probably it.

I'm personally underwhelmed. I remember getting the Monster Fighters accessory pack in 2012, which was useful because it came with a skeleton and a spider. There was a recent Friends accessory pack which had the parts to build a cake, plus a minidoll-compatible apron. This looks to be microbuilds of two of the existing sets. If you're a microbuilder, then sure, this could be fun. Me, I was hoping it'd be something compatible with the sets.

By the way, I found myself wishing today that we'd get Benny in a promotional polybag. I've noticed that a lot of polybags tend to have "unique" elements, which suggests to me that Lego is looking for an additional means to use a unique mold. Lego molds are expensive--they always need to ask themselves exactly how many parts they can get out of a thing so it's worth the cost. Since Benny's cracked helmet is going to be specific to very large and expensive sets, I find myself wishing we had a cheaper option for him. A summer polybag release would do the trick.

Heck, it'd be great if Lego could recreate this or this as a Benny set. If you're listening, Lego, I'd definitely buy one.

By the way, I found myself wishing today that we'd get Benny in a promotional polybag. I've noticed that a lot of polybags tend to have "unique" elements, which suggests to me that Lego is looking for an additional means to use a unique mold. Lego molds are expensive--they always need to ask themselves exactly how many parts they can get out of a thing so it's worth the cost. Since Benny's cracked helmet is going to be specific to very large and expensive sets, I find myself wishing we had a cheaper option for him. A summer polybag release would do the trick.

Heck, it'd be great if Lego could recreate this or this as a Benny set. If you're listening, Lego, I'd definitely buy one.

If they were to do those, I'd prefer unbroken classic space figs. Especially white, as every single one of mine has no gold left. :sad:

Edited by Cult_Of_Skaro

So, where do we get Pajama Emmet and DJ Robot?

Mentioned in page 59, it might be a preorder promo, though not knowing which theaters provide them.

Radio DJ robot, the package it says. Might just be your run,of the mill DJ robot. Unlike C-3dj or Maximilian spinnin'.

I meant most known specific robots have their own names such as Velma or Deputron. This DJ one could be called Disctro or something.

Looks like that last ship may belong to WyldStyle, as there is a giant 'WS' on the side. It also looks like it has been built of parts from Cloud Cuckoo land too, which is awesome. :classic:

Really cool, but it's a pity that it wouldn't be a physical set.

Edited by Dorayaki

Is that bottom one a submarine?

Looks like it!

Unikitty and Wyldstyle tag team? :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

There's some watches and clocks to be released of Emmet, Wyldstyle, and Bad Cop.

The alarm clocks aren't as good as the usual ones :(

-Sci

My girls wanted to build the truck instead of the plane version of the Flying Flusher. I was still able to make the micromanager with the leftover parts. Has anyone else been able to do this with the 2 in 1 sets? I just assumed I wouldn't be able to do that with the alt build.

Edited by Churchill

My girls wanted to build the truck instead of the plane version of the Flying Flusher. I was still able to make the micromanager with the leftover parts. Has anyone else been able to do this with the 2 in 1 sets? I just assumed I wouldn't be able to do that with the alt build.

Yeah,i was surprised by that when i got the garbage truck set.

Yeah, the same happened with the Ice Cream Machine. I wasn't really surprised though, as I couldn't see much black in the ice cream truck.

Storywise it wouldn't make much sense to use the pieces from micromanagers, as they are the threat that causes the characters to redesign their vehicles.