Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Soo many awesome civilians and transformers! yay! I also hope all these guys have an alternate model!

Edited by Otherworld

They all look like very good sets. The apron guy's food cart says 'Bob's Kabobs'.

Is it weird that just yesterday I finished a fire-fighting robot?

10695351573_9bdbe50715.jpg

DSC04042 by GregoryBrick, on Flickr

Oh wow! lol how ironic! I like yours btw!

These sets all look goofy. Like a rehash of Time Twisters...

Steve

By the look of these sets, one could think that the designers were using drugs when they made them :wacko:

But I guess the hole point is that they shall look like a kid made them from his/hers random pieces, tough a rather talented kid I would say. :wink:

The sets have a lot of nice pieces and minifigures, so should be great for Moc’ers? I will not buy the sets, but may BL some civilian minifigures..

On the animal front I notice a chicken in a new colour and a new shark mould, in addition to a parrot, a horse, two crocodiles, a frog and a white chicken! Not bad at all :grin:

Is anyone else getting a bit of a Hanna Barbera Whacky Racers type vibe off of this entire theme?

So basically half the theme is just normal vehicles turned into war machines.

I LOVE IT. :wub_drool::grin_wub: I want them all. I love this theme! :cry_happy:

-Sci

Initially these sets reminded me of the timecruiser theme which in my opinion is the worst ever. However, this time, I have to admit that I admire Lego s originality.

i agree and not only admire lego originality but also i totally love the look of these ones.

Okay now is it me, but we'll get two set of instructions with the vehicle sets......plumbers van, ice cream van, etc, so you can build it normal and not so normal ! :look:

I hope so, I could do with those vehicles......minus the garbage truck and fire truck....as if I need another one of those.

Many of the models do look steam-punk-ish, diesel-punk-ish and dare I coin a new phrase......nuclear-punk-ish......that's late 20th century-ish punk ! :grin: (well, since we are well into this century eh ? :grin: )

All the sets look like fun and designed to allow any of the minifig themes......space, castle, city, or even earlier town, western, and even pirate.....toss in ninja as well I guess ! :wink:

The designers must have been told to just go crazy with their imaginations......now for Lego's hard job.....selling them to the public. :wink:

Ah yes. They are as zany as I wished. very creative designs clearly says- you can build everything from every set. Love it.

And great. Now I must get all that Wyldrides.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Well, this is an interesting change. If they are indeed 2-in-1 models I might pick some of these up.

Mainly this one here for that hooded hairpiece :wub:

Oh, wow. WOW. :laugh: I want multiples of everything! :laugh:

Oh, and...

How long will it be before the initial post in this thread gets updated with all the images we've seen so far? We now have images of the TLM Minifigures, the bike chase, the villain's lair and the sunny land with Uni-Kitty. I know they're all individually posted throughout this thread and the Series 12 Minifigures one, but it'd be great to have them all in one place...

:classic:

(Ooh, and will we get forum smileys of Emmet and Wyldstyle? I think we should!)

Well, ask and ye shall receive, as they say, and right after I made my post - and way more sets than we'd already seen, to boot! What timing! But I do notice the initial post still lacks the Minifigures shot. I know they have their own dedicated thread, of course, but surely it wouldn't hurt to add that one pic to the initial post, and that series is part of this theme, after all...

Also, speaking of the Minifigures series... it looks like Emmet has a scream face in most of these sets in which he appears, and a fear face in the Uni-Kitty Cloud Cuckoo one, with no hint of a "normal" / happy face anywhere save the Minifigures one. Presumably lots or all of these Emmets have double-sided heads, but could it be that the S12 Minifigures Emmet is the only one with an option to express something other than unease or abject terror?

Other thoughts: Lots of official LEGO NPU here, with great re-purposing of supposedly highly specialized parts such as the Rock Raiders / Power Miners big drill bit as an ice cream cone, and an overall spirit of free-form creativity and genre-mashing that I think will make for not only some great sets but a very entertaining movie as well. :thumbup: I can't wait! Also, this theme looks like it'll be one of the richest themes yet for lots of great detail elements that'll go well in other themes, plus lots of new colors for existing parts. I think even those curmudgeonly old AFOLs who don't have an interest in the movie itself or in the official models it begets will still be pleased with everything it brings to the parts catalog.

Just noticed no 1980's-something space guy! Darn. :cry_sad:

Also, that Fabuland shirt! :wub:

EDIT: 1888 posts. :tongue:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

The ones that really stand out to me are Wild West Glider Escape and Castle Cavalry. Dunno how much they'll be though...

I am sold.

This looks like a version of time twisters that has cool quality sets and far more mechs.

My only complaint is that Lord Bussiness' giant legs are going to be the most unstable build ever.

Edited by vexorian

Wowza. Those new movie sets look bloody fun. I'm going to be grabbing a fair few of them. These look the most fun designs since Monster Fighters and the last Space Police line. The new city minifigs look brilliant too. Loving the new lime reflective jackets. May be able to moc that into a British Police officer.

Do you think buying all the mech sets will make you able to combine all the black box thingy's into one giant mech for the others to fight? Also, where is the chef guy we thought would be in city located in these sets, I can't spot him.Also, You can see the garbage truck in the opening scene of the main trailer. ( it's going across the bridge :wink: )

EDIT:just noticed a bunch of them have legs. Probably means they can't connect.

Edited by LegoTrainFanatic

These look like so much fun! I was a big fan of the old Time Twisters/Cruisers as they had loads of interesting parts and play functions, and as mentioned these new sets definitely have similarities. I really like these crazy spaceships and mechs, and having a second "normal" model to build would be a massive bonus. If I were to buy a whole line of sets next year, it would certainly be these..

The whacked out fighting vehicles are the good guys......though why are plumbers using an axe - a prop on their nuclear-punk plane-van made with an axe and two heavy hammers - ouch that would hurt ? :devil: (no wrenches ? :look: )

Finally, we now know where the taco guy lives......a convertible flying taco stand of sorts.......it can happen.......ever heard of fast food ? :laugh:

I think I'll like the alternative builds more than the over the top planes/robots.

That Ice Cream van just shot to the top of my list.

I think you're all missing the point here. What these designs are is a series of City vehicles that are disassembled in the movie and turned into fighting machines to battle Lord Business and his drones, using ONLY the parts that make up the city set. It's like the alternate models that used to appear on the back of all Lego sets up until... well, some time between when I stopped buying and started again.

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of '1980-Somthing Space Guy', but if I'm honest, I have a few of the originals in blue, white, red and yellow, some of which have the broken chin strap. Child of the 80's, me.

EDIT:just noticed a bunch of them have legs. Probably means they can't connect.

You can make them connect if you want as they are all made out of Lego :tongue:

Anyway, I think I have figured out most of the alternate builds:

Garbage truck

Plumber van

Ice cream truck

Saloon/ Taco stand

Fire truck/ Farm windmill

I'm really excited for these sets :sweet:

Now could our missing blue space guy be in an exclusive set ? :look:

Hopefully he'll be in the next wave of sets which will probably be more spoilery.

Edited by greeny