Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Ok so I have the Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Ice Cream Machine, Lord Business' Evil Lair, The Flying Flusher, Creative Ambush and Rescue Reinforcements plus Gail, Lincoln, Larry, Shakespeare, Taco Tuesday Guy, Where Are My Pants? Guy, President Business, Hard Hat Emmet and Scribble Face Bad Cop from the CMFs line. I am also intending to get the spaceship when it comes out. Which other sets should I buy if I want to have all the main characters in the movie?

I saw the movie today but it went by so fast that I cant remember which characters got enough screen time to be considered "main characters".

Already have Batman from previous sets so I dont see any reason to buy the drop-ship just to get him.

Ok so I have the Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Ice Cream Machine, Lord Business' Evil Lair, The Flying Flusher, Creative Ambush and Rescue Reinforcements plus Gail, Lincoln, Larry, Shakespeare, Taco Tuesday Guy, Where Are My Pants? Guy, President Business, Hard Hat Emmet and Scribble Face Bad Cop from the CMFs line. I am also intending to get the spaceship when it comes out. Which other sets should I buy if I want to have all the main characters in the movie?

I saw the movie today but it went by so fast that I cant remember which characters got enough screen time to be considered "main characters".

Already have Batman from previous sets so I dont see any reason to buy the drop-ship just to get him.

you need metalbeard, the metalbeard duel set is great anyway

Edited by mrfang2

Think there's any possibility that Benny's Spaceship is the surprise release for VIP's on May 15th?

Being that the SSS! is a plain ol' set at a $100 price point, I'm very certain that it isn't. Sets available exclusively to VIPs is usually a D2C set.

However, due the SSS!'s June release, there is a good chance that certain stores will have it in already by then, i.e. Toys 'R' Us.

This set will undoubtedly sell like mad. It may be on backorder for a really, really long time.

Think there's any possibility that Benny's Spaceship is the surprise release for VIP's on May 15th?

The three remaining TLM sets are scheduled to release alongside the DVD/BluRay release of the movie. I think the only D2C or exclusive one is the Sea Cow.

I'd say there are nine main ones:

Emmet

Wyldstyle

President Business

Vitruvius

Batman

Princess Unikitty

Bad Cop / Good Cop

Metal Beard

Benny

Is anyone worried that we wont see the exclusive blu-ray in other parts of the world with it only showing up in the US so far, this happened with the hobbit but given this was the LEGO movie I guessed we would all see a edition that came with a fig.

Edited by SMC

I don't want to look through preceding pages for fear of spoilers, but some renders have surfaced on the upcoming LEGO Movie sets courtesy of Amazon Canada and I wanted to share them with everyone. It's possible these have been posted already.

Super Secret Police Dropship:

919J4r3DpTL._AA1500_.jpg

91CVcCrxXWL._AA1500_.jpg

81k6skH4UKL._AA1500_.jpg

91r%2B%2Br9dUPL._AA1500_.jpg

71UYU5PA5EL._AA1500_.jpg

81uEvC3Bt1L._AA1500_.jpg

81wfOigxWaL._AA1500_.jpg

81phNG2louL._AA1500_.jpg

Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

91fOwmyLwpL._AA1500_.jpg

91cT1d1RzxL._AA1500_.jpg

81giK1OhFXL._AA1500_.jpg

81FULFfDbCL._AA1500_.jpg

71IhC%2BVFwGL._AA1500_.jpg

81EstPVGXvL._AA1500_.jpg

810WCYobZnL._AA1500_.jpg

71M5Ai14E-L._AA1500_.jpg

Emmet's Construct-o-Mech

91kVl3bTZ3L._AA1500_.jpg

91IjfW6A2LL._AA1500_.jpg

91IUyU3NaPL._AA1500_.jpg

915-ZOZ3ZLL._AA1500_.jpg

71FAuFXgjdL._AA1500_.jpg

81L9fjVB8CL._AA1500_.jpg

Nice pics!

Regarding Benny's SSS, assuming it sells well, do you think Lego would ever consider releasing it in a limited edition Classic Space style box?

I'd buy one in addition to the two SSS sets I plan on buying. :)

The SSS will end up being the most collected (as in bought but not opened) non exclusive set ever

Nice, it is time to start saving (again), I'm getting all three sets!

Pleased to see I was right about the spaceship—Unikitty's seat flips up and reveals additional play space underneath. Super-sweet!

I'm still up in the air in regards to the construction mech. Chances are I'll see it fully built on display at the Lego store when it comes out and it will undoubtedly and decisively push me to get one.

Meanwhile...

Astrokitty intensifies.

It's still a big disappointment to me that they just threw in the Superheroes Batman without any changes. Batman in the film is so expressive, and it would've been nice to get a new head with two new expressions that better match the film. Seeing as there's only one new fig in the set anyway (JT), I don't see why LEGO wasted that chance. The dropship still looks awesome, but a new Batman would've been appreciated.

How much will Benny's Spaceship be in the UK? Would £70 be a good guess?

It's still a big disappointment to me that they just threw in the Superheroes Batman without any changes. Batman in the film is so expressive, and it would've been nice to get a new head with two new expressions that better match the film. Seeing as there's only one new fig in the set anyway (JT), I don't see why LEGO wasted that chance. The dropship still looks awesome, but a new Batman would've been appreciated.

Totally agree. I hope LEGO gives him some better facial features soon. Maybe now that they've basically run out of interesting new suits, the face printing will become the selling feature for Batman minifigures...

Seeing the pictures makes me even more excited for the Spaceship.

And maybe I might end up getting the Construct-O-Mech too.

Still have zero interest in the Dropship (like all the other Super Secret Police vehicles, they just dont appeal to me)

Man, I might be in for all of those... even the lackluster dropship. Seeing angry Unikitty reminded me of how funny that scene was and expected.