The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, TheBuilder said:

That's not gonna happen. Not good for kids to play with and I think that's better.

WUT!!!! Modulars aren't for kids dude. Look on the boxes and you'll see that the age is 16 and up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pooda said:

WUT!!!! Modulars aren't for kids dude. Look on the boxes and you'll see that the age is 16 and up. 

It's still LEGO. There's a reason that we have no 16+ LEGO Technic tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheBuilder said:

It's still LEGO. There's a reason that we have no 16+ LEGO Technic tank.

Well this is modular. Not Technic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBuilder said:

I meant that all themes have to remain kid-friendly.

The fun of a 16+ set is that you can go as far as you'd like without referencing anything R or X rated. Thus why Simpsons, F*R*I*E*N*D*S, Modulars and even Star Wars if you want to count them in exist/existed within Lego at some point. These are not sets geard at kids and as for the first two, not even kid friendly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pooda said:

The fun of a 16+ set is that you can go as far as you'd like without referencing anything R or X rated. Thus why Simpsons, F*R*I*E*N*D*S, Modulars and even Star Wars if you want to count them in exist/existed within Lego at some point. These are not sets geard at kids and as for the first two, not even kid friendly. 

I think realistic war and gambling are just too much. There is a borderline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheBuilder said:

I think realistic war and gambling are just too much. There is a borderline.

Freak out if I were to recommend the Playboy Mansion, which I won't. Its not like casinos have to portray violence anyway. It could be the place where people in the Lego universe hit the numbers. That's it!

Edited by pooda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gambling alone is immoral, because it ruins people's existence, LEGO won't support such a lifestyle, that's all.

I'm hoping for a police station!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 5:40 AM, Bricked1980 said:

An interesting new contest has just been launched on LEGO Ideas. They want people to design a vintage car to go alongside the modular buildings and the winning design will be turned in to a future gift with purchase set.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/bafd4186-bb49-4eb0-903f-910415f04391?query=&sort=top

Browsing through the 900+ entries submitted there so far, I must say that I'm quite fond of the shaping on this one in particular... :classic:

LEGO Ideas - Sheriff on Patrol by JerrysIdeas

resize:1600:900

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheBuilder said:

Just gambling alone is immoral, because it ruins people's existence, LEGO won't support such a lifestyle, that's all.

Well....I can say that about a lot of topics Lego does. But if they do a casino, which could happen, I'd invest. 

6 minutes ago, TheBuilder said:

I'm hoping for a police station!

Oh I see. You're one of those guys. 

No! Lego has enough of those. City is getting another one next year. Buy that one. Let Modulars stay free of that. 

Edited by pooda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LEGO did a pool hall (we all know those are trouble). And in that set they have Prohibition style references, but this time with contraband cookies. A Casiono would make sense in this wave. Well, maybe not slots, but card table would be great for a modular building if they went that route.

Wild West had characters playing cards, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KotZ said:

Ah yes. I remember. It was also connected to a barber shop. Let's not forget that Modulars is the adult version of City. So any type of building is possible. Even a floor with a torture chamber. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pooda said:

@RuffDraft You know what I wanna see? A modular casino! 

Lego won't produce a casino. It doesn't line up with their ideals. 

They can disguise a bar as a pool club that doesn't serve alcohol, but there is no way to pretend that a casino is anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Lego won't produce a casino. It doesn't line up with their ideals. 

They can disguise a bar as a pool club that doesn't serve alcohol, but there is no way to pretend that a casino is anything else. 

If it's as card games, I think they could get away with it (although I don't think it's the next modular building). I can see them betting cookies as the currency, but that's as far as it will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KotZ said:

If it's as card games, I think they could get away with it (although I don't think it's the next modular building). I can see them betting cookies as the currency, but that's as far as it will go.

A card game in another location could work, but a fully fledged casino likely couldn't be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nikhkin said:

A card game in another location could work, but a fully fledged casino likely couldn't be done. 

That's why I said in an earlier post slot machines won't work, but card tables could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KotZ said:

LEGO did a pool hall (we all know those are trouble). And in that set they have Prohibition style references, but this time with contraband cookies. A Casiono would make sense in this wave. Well, maybe not slots, but card table would be great for a modular building if they went that route.

Wild West had characters playing cards, as well.

When I read the first sentence, that was the 1st thing that popped in my head.  Nice to see I was right when I checked the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post Offices are almost gone - here in Denmark there are hardly any left. E-post has taken over.

My local Post Office was demolished yesterday...:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArneNielsen said:

Post Offices are almost gone - here in Denmark there are hardly any left. E-post has taken over.

My local Post Office was demolished yesterday...:wall:

That could explain why we haven't seen a City post office yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Post Offices are almost gone - here in Denmark there are hardly any left. E-post has taken over.

My local Post Office was demolished yesterday...:wall:

To me that is a perfect reason to create a modular Post Office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheBuilder said:

Just gambling alone is immoral, because it ruins people's existence, LEGO won't support such a lifestyle, that's all.

I'm hoping for a police station!

They did do a set of gambing heaven, the Las Vegas skyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.