The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

6 hours ago, Lion King said:

I’m not sure how likely it would be….  I just can’t see Assembly Square 2.0 as 20th anniversary set as the 10th anniversary set has been around for 7 years. Now it is replaced with Natural History Museum that might last for another 7 years, who knows. 

Once sales slow down, I can’t imagine Lego keeping it on the shelves. Who knows how long it will be ‘popular’?

16 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Once sales slow down, I can’t imagine Lego keeping it on the shelves. Who knows how long it will be ‘popular’?

Only The Man Upstairs knows :)

20 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

And $600? Because you know they'll do it..

Just don't buy it day one. Wait for a year or 2 and you can buy it for 450€ at a third party seller. 

14 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

Just don't buy it day one. Wait for a year or 2 and you can buy it for 450€ at a third party seller. 

It is extremely rare that I buy anything day one, and the only reason would be there is sufficient incentive to do so, with a GWP I really like, and, ideally combined with some other offer or cash back. But in the US, the modulars rarely seem to see a discount, even through third party sellers. Amazon did a discount off the Police Station just recently, but otherwise, nothing. Cash back sites can be very good though, and I'm generally fine buying things used too. But even so $450 for a modular... Eesh! But it will happen at some point.

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It is extremely rare that I buy anything day one, and the only reason would be there is sufficient incentive to do so, with a GWP I really like, and, ideally combined with some other offer or cash back. But in the US, the modulars rarely seem to see a discount, even through third party sellers. Amazon did a discount off the Police Station just recently, but otherwise, nothing. Cash back sites can be very good though, and I'm generally fine buying things used too. But even so $450 for a modular... Eesh! But it will happen at some point.

Hmm here in Europe there are very good deals on older modulars. I saw the police station for 150€ and the A frame cabine for 110€!

And I don't buy every modular so that makes a 450€ modular more affordable. I only buy modulars that I really like and other sets and alternative bricks too. Some people buy every modular or Starwars set just because they are collectors, purists and completionists. Even if they don't like the set. 😅

The Jazzclub looks awfull to me. To many conflicting colors.Only the pizzeria looks interesting. So I will not buy it. Not even on discount. 

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

How long agondid amazon have that discount for the Pilice Station?

11 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

How long agondid amazon have that discount for the Pilice Station?

It was in the middle of November, and didn't last very long, as I recall. Part of the lead up to Black Friday deals they were doing. Looking at CamelCamelCamel it appears to have gone within a day or two, and then the price jumped dramatically, so they must have sold their remaining stock and it was left to resellers.

Seeing Brickset's review of 42639 Andrea's Modern Mansion has reminded me that I would love to see a modular mansion. Perhaps a three storey Manhattan-style brownstone or something along those lines. It seems a bit unlikely since we haven't seen a single-use set since Palace Cinema.

1 minute ago, Ray Oliver said:

It seems a bit unlikely since we haven't seen a single-use set since Palace Cinema.

The museum is pretty much single-use..

3 hours ago, mark1991t said:

The museum is pretty much single-use..

Ah yes, I forgot about the museum since I don't have it yet (it shipped today though).

6 hours ago, Ray Oliver said:

Seeing Brickset's review of 42639 Andrea's Modern Mansion has reminded me that I would love to see a modular mansion. Perhaps a three storey Manhattan-style brownstone or something along those lines. It seems a bit unlikely since we haven't seen a single-use set since Palace Cinema.

Uh, “since Palace Cinema”? Natural History Museum says hello.

But yes, Modular manison sounds pretty cool. I remember seeing Scoorge’s mansion/manor in London from Christmas Carol movie. Pretty cool to see it in a city!

On 1/1/2024 at 10:50 AM, legoturtle said:

If you are interested how Modular Buildings are made (lego designer).

I love interviews like this. Gives so much insight about the process of designing the modulars.

yes, and 1 think which is important for me is that the designer is there also (window cleaner). then designer has some power and this actually is Doctor Kilroy's museum - where he has his own work room... where he writes a book from his adventures (in Adventurers). he is old now. then there is even a story where this DOG is involved. 5/5 set.

Now we have museum, we still ask for hopsital, post office, and school/university. However, i think we will get a corner building this year since Boutique Hotel is a cornr building in 2022 and we have two straight line buildings (Jazz Club and Natural History Museum) last year. I would guess we would get a post office as a corner building. 

We shall wait and see.

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2023 at 2:45 PM, jonwil said:

I love the police station, its my favorite out of all the modulars.

I would love to see more medical stuff in future modulars (we got a dentist in the Assembly Square, how about a doctor or even an optometrist)

A hospital doesn't seem likely (although if they did one it would be instant "shut up and take my money")

@jonwil Sorry for the complete off topic question but would you happen to be the John Wilson that used to create mods for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3? I tried to just send you a message but the website wouldn’t let me. I’m not quite sure how to use this website so I’m sorry In advance.

Edited by TheMaskedMan00
Typo

So the modular for 2024 is the Natural History Museum, then Lego is coming up with an Ideas set Botanical Garden. After these two, could Lego come up with a third single-use civic building? Zoo would need too much space. An aquarium perhaps? A school, finally? Or a theater?

Given that this Museum looks good as a standalone, I do wonder if the Botanical Garden will be designed in modular style and to complement the museum if it is displayed adjacent to it? 

I think this set is really amazing! Using the MOC instructions from Brick Artisan to make the 80113 'Chinese Restaurant' modular to fit a 32x32 baseplate. Love the colors, style and amount of mini figures. I can advice anyone to get a copy and place it in your city.

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo1.jpg

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo2.jpg

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo3.jpg

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo4.jpg

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo5.jpg

https://westfield.agcs.works/lego/photo6.jpg

Who did also turn this set into a modular?

17 hours ago, hikouki said:

So the modular for 2024 is the Natural History Museum, then Lego is coming up with an Ideas set Botanical Garden. After these two, could Lego come up with a third single-use civic building? Zoo would need too much space. An aquarium perhaps? A school, finally? Or a theater?

Given that this Museum looks good as a standalone, I do wonder if the Botanical Garden will be designed in modular style and to complement the museum if it is displayed adjacent to it? 

@hikouki You make some very good points there.  People were (including me) generally very disappointed with the latest Ideas review results, but this is an interesting idea for what they could be thinking.

I know school is one that comes round as an idea again and again, but for me at least at a modular building scale the school I imagine would look very similar to the Natural History Museum.  Who knows, though!

Does anyone else have the problem that the white plates at the base of the first floor slightly stick out so you can't properly put buildings next to the museum?

On 1/9/2024 at 3:49 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

I know school is one that comes round as an idea again and again, but for me at least at a modular building scale the school I imagine would look very similar to the Natural History Museum.  Who knows, though!

A 32x32 olive green school building with pillars and dead animal? It gonna scream “HAUNTED SCHOOL”….

23 hours ago, PK82 said:

Does anyone else have the problem that the white plates at the base of the first floor slightly stick out so you can't properly put buildings next to the museum?

No problem with mine.  By slightly, do you mean a manufacturing tolerance, or are you talking about the plate with groove type piece that perhaps hasn’t been placed properly?

14 hours ago, jus1973 said:

No problem with mine.  By slightly, do you mean a manufacturing tolerance, or are you talking about the plate with groove type piece that perhaps hasn’t been placed properly?

Unbenannt

Edited by PK82