GRogall

Lego Creator Expert 10234 Sydney Opera House

Gorgeous! I want it! But where to put it? So many great big sets coming out this year. X-wing, ewok village, palace cinema, and now this. It's a great time to be a Lego fan!

Sheesh! I've been looking forward to this set since I first heard about it, but was slightly worried they wouldn't be able to do the thing justice - boy was I wrong! Absolute masterpiece. Well done Lego (And Jamie), You've done yourselves proud.

I too am not looking forward to finding out the price for Kiwi's, but I'll find it on sale at some point.

So stoked right now. Beautiful set.

Hi

many thanks again for GRogall provinding us all information avaiable.

What a huge set, what agreat parts pack! Yes, 279€ is a lot of money but significant below the 10c/piece. And without doubts there are not mostly 1x2 plates (like the Robbie house)but also big parts like the curved slopes on the roof.

For any Moccer who loves natural colors this is a great drak tan parts pack.

For any other people this will be a great looking model on the shelf.

Dino

I'd love to get those base plates and dark tan pieces but I'm already broke with all the other sets coming out this year.

Well...it's not the 6000+ piece behemoth that I was anticipating.

It's supposed to fit inside your house :wink:. It is beautiful though.

very impressive build with some stunning tecniques, but an uninteresting set for me. Too big to display and doesn't seem to contain that many interesting parts.

I noticed a very weirdly shaped baseplate on the ground in the front though, is that new?

This is just amazing! Totally want to get this! Jamie has outdone himself once again! :wub:

We had the pleasure to meet Jamie Berard at Legoworld in Zwolle (Netherlands) in october 2011.

I think he has THE coolest job in the world.

What a beautiful creation again from the masters hands.

Lucky me to be an AFOL, and to have my birthday in September : )

This set is truly amazing. I guess this will be another set I'll buy but can't build due the lack of space to display it like the tower bridge.

My wife just saw me looking at this and said NO...i wonder if that meant no way that is cool....i am guessing not.... :look: nice project though...

Nice enough I guess but low on my list considering there's Orthanc and the Ewok village coming out soon + possibly the Haunted House still to get. They did do a pretty good job though - I don't remember the base being tan but just did a google image check and sure enough it is.

Ah, all that's needed is the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quey ferry/train terminal to go with it.......Lego has caught the Opera House perfectly......but the price in Oz will be a high one.

All I can add is.......

oioioi.jpg

What a nice model.

Anyway, I won't be able to afford it, becaus I've already planned to spend my money on the new LotR Sets and some medieval LEGO stuff.

After watching the video I can see that this is really, really huge and I like the fact that it can be broken up into pieces for easy transport. I just hope that next year we get Rome`s Amphitheater.

What a beautiful model... It just shows that with Lego you really can make everything (harking back to that old slogan they used in our country). Also some very nice techniques and to be honest: worth every cent they ask for it.

But... not for me. I wouldn't know where to put it (though I have a feeling this is one of those sets my girlfriend wouldn't mind having in the living room) and it is way beyond what I am willing to pay for a Lego set. Even one as beautiful as this.

Wow! The black white and dark tan certainly pop. I would love to get this for the parts. Not least of which the huge blue baseplate. I actually do have a coffee table big enough to take this. I'm going to have to talk to my partner about maybe getting this as an anniversary present to ourselves. I couldn't justify the cost any other way. It'd look fantastic in our living room though.

Looks beautiful.....would have preferred a larger piece count. If my conversion is correct, this is about 25 inches in width. Given the more stable nature of the base, it should be a lot easier to display and move around than Tower Bridge.

Edited by TomLego

After watching the video I can see that this is really, really huge and I like the fact that it can be broken up into pieces for easy transport. I just hope that next year we get Rome`s Amphitheater.

Actually it won't be until 2015-16 until the next one is out, this isn't a yearly series..........

Looks amazing. But sadly as a Sydney native, I have no space for it. I cleared out some shelving area in my study earlier this year but it's currently occupied by my Modular street.

It's beautiful but don't want to imagine what it'll cost down under.

Do they ever release an Australia price on the initial release?

As far as this set goes, it is beautiful. But I don't think it is $320 beautiful. From what I can tell, they nailed the shape which is great. But I would expect some more pieces, even if they were smaller to pad it out. It would at least give the appearance of better value for your money. And thus, will make you feel better about purchasing it. I was iffy on the $240 for Tower Bridge, so $320 will be really difficult to swallow. Thankfully there should be a long lifespan of this, so I won't have to get it this year. Especially since I just picked up the Tower Bridge this year.

I guess one thing to note about the price is this set is licensed, so therefore TLG are paying royalties to use the likeness, so I'm sure that helped up the cost a bit.

I like seeing the dark tan though. I'm not excited about the baseplate like the description is forcing us to be.

In all fairness, I think we should reconsider somewhat how we judge a sets' worth.. I know it's always typically been by ppp (Price per Part), but there is so much variety in how big or useful that part is. I recall hearing Lego sets a price point based on a sets weight plus the number of figures.

Given the size of a lot of the parts in this set, I think the price is somewhat OK - you simply can't compare the ppp to a set full of 1x2 plates..

But maybe I'm just making excuses and justifications for the set... :wink: