Sign in to follow this  
Trance89

Medieval House

This is my first MOC. Altough it has some flaws I'm very happy with the final result. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I made them with my Smartphone and they weren't directly meant for posting them on the internet; just for showing them to other people quick and easy.

Special thanks to Derfel Cadarn for his fantastic guide here on Eurobricks of course!

Front view

8736653714_f85bbab6c1_c.jpg

Side view

8735536187_52f7142bfa_b.jpg

Harvesting the carrots

8735535331_57ee37c0ff_b.jpg

Feeding the chickens

8736654478_5eae941ab2_b.jpg

Back View

8735535581_8aef6be879_b.jpg

For your first moc, it is very nice! Lots of details! Hope to see more Mocs of you.

Very nice! It looks great overall, but I particularly like the lean-to on the side of the house and the archway leading to the front door. The use of the different browns and the placement of the tiles for the roof of the lean-to is very effective and realistic looking. The fence looks great too!

Great house, easy to see the influence of DC. I like the dark-brown/light blue color combo and the lean-to is a great detail :thumbup:

For your first moc, it is very nice! Lots of details! Hope to see more Mocs of you.

Thanks! Surely you will see more of my MOC. There are at least 3 other ones that I will post soon.

Very nice! It looks great overall, but I particularly like the lean-to on the side of the house and the archway leading to the front door. The use of the different browns and the placement of the tiles for the roof of the lean-to is very effective and realistic looking. The fence looks great too!

Thanks! The lean-to is one of my favorite details in this MOC.

Great house, easy to see the influence of DC. I like the dark-brown/light blue color combo and the lean-to is a great detail :thumbup:

Thanks! I also think the combo of medium blue and dark brown is very effective.

Looks really good with very cool details, because of you now I have to make another visit to Bricklink :))

Wow, that's a really good first MOC! I like the arch, arches like that look cool!

If this is your first MOC, I can't wait to see some you improve on!

Looks really good with very cool details, because of you now I have to make another visit to Bricklink :))

Thanks! Good luck on BrickLink! :laugh:

Wow, that's a really good first MOC! I like the arch, arches like that look cool!

If this is your first MOC, I can't wait to see some you improve on!

Thanks! My next MOCs will look different to this one, except for one, but that's because I'm experimenting with different building techniques.

Edited by Trance89

Very cool for a first moc ! I think it´s very DC-like (not a bad thing) you will find your "style" in your next mocs.

Keep on brickin ! :)

Edited by pif500

Well done. It looks lovely, the colors are nicely combined, and there's enough ''action'' to spot around the house. Although there's many nice details, my favourite is the flower pot - it's just plain simple, but it's position makes it the center piece of the front garden. :thumbup:

Thanks! My next MOCs will look different to this one, except for one, but that's because I'm experimenting with different building techniques.

That's good, you have to experiment and find what you really like!

Great house. I particularly like the use of multiple 1x1 studs as a wall, that's very clever. I love the little flowerpot also :classic: .

It looks great! I love the stone work on the ground floor walls. Good job :)

Brilliant!! I want it!

Thanks! You're not the first one who wants it. It's on display in my local Lego store and there were people who wanted to buy it. Since this was my first real MOC I'm not going to sell it.

Very nice house. Excellent detail on the building and in the garden. I love the stud fence and stud walls on the lower part of the house, but the whole house is well designed and built :classic:

I look forward to more MOCs and happy building :laugh:

Very well done. Especially for a first attempt.

Looks like your next area to get a good grasp on will be photography. Once you have that locked down you'll be a force!

Wow, great first MOC! I love the gables and the colour scheme especially. If you plan on making more MOC's you should check out GoH. You can find lots of great MOC's and techniques there which will help improve your building.

Excellent color distribution on the stonework (1x1 round tiles). It looks balanced without being artificial. Others have already mentioned the great roof on the lean-to; I'll add that I like the proximity, orientation, and implied relationships among the family members.

Ragnar

Thanks everyone!

Very well done. Especially for a first attempt.

Looks like your next area to get a good grasp on will be photography. Once you have that locked down you'll be a force!

Photography was a bit of a problem since I didn't have a camera so I had to use my smartphone to take these pictures. I bought a camera last week so I will be able to take better quality pictures now.