Artifex

What's the one set that really pains you for NOT buying it?

-UCS Millennium Falcon. LEGO had it 50% off on their website, and I'm such an idiot for not buying a couple. They are worth some money now!

-First couple of modular buildings.

-The black and red Model Team semi tractor from years ago. I wish I had those wheels.

Fort legoredo, nothing reminds me not of my childhood than that set and I had gotten all of the other western sets but then I stopped trying to save for the big one.

-UCS Millennium Falcon. LEGO had it 50% off on their website, and I'm such an idiot for not buying a couple. They are worth some money now!

-First couple of modular buildings.

-The black and red Model Team semi tractor from years ago. I wish I had those wheels.

Same with me, I really wanted the cafe corner.

Green Grocer, Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers, the 2008 AT-TE and Gunship (luckily, they're being rereleased) Those are mine.

The Indy sets, specially the last crusade ones and the temple of doom, that one stings, was on a really tight budget back then.

Worth a pretty penny now.

Thats life...

Well, there were many Lego sets that got discontinued during childhood and I wished that I had gotten them later. It's harder to blame myself for back then though. I had very little money (being young), no paid work opportunities (damn those child labour laws :angry: ), so of course I had to rely on my parents for that. :hmpf_bad: They were also quite bad with online purchases, and eBay would have to be the most difficult.

However, the one that I regretted most during childhood was the 2003 Bionicle set 8594 Jaller and Gukko. If they were willing to use eBay than that would be an easy one. Even today, the price is hardly higher than the original used and almost tripled new.

In more recent years, the one that I regret most would be 10193 Medieval Market Village. It looked great to me when it was available, and a great deal for the money, but I chose not to because I was focusing on building a town, not medievel. Not so long after it was discontinued, my almost-10-year-old brother (who lives with me) decided that he wanted to start a castle-themed display. Damn; Even if I didn't want castle, it would be a good parts pack. But anyways, I could just buy it from Bricklink for the same price at this point.

For me it's the Green Grocer.

The first time I ever saw it was on a Lego store, and it was its final year around. I didn't buy it because the Grand Emporium had just been released and I didn't know the Green Grocer would not be around for long.

Well, I guess I am not the only one who wished that I had gotten that one. Well, I guess that's why it is so expensive on Bricklink. I shouldn't really blame myself for that one though. Most of it's shelf time was during my short dark age, and I got back into Lego just a short time before it was discontinued. I didn't even know about it while it was available, but I wasn't ready to buy such expensive sets at the time. It is also my favourite modular building (judging by the photographs). A limited-edition rerelease would be nice for that one.

The last one I want to mention is Technic 8049 Tractor with Log Loader. Sure, the reviews criticised the functionality of the model itself. But it was the set to reintroduce pneumatics, and it was only selling for $80 Canadian. Now the available options for pneumatics are a $250 licensed truck which I believe has three of them, there will soon be a $150 set with pneumatics (which I want to get), or buy them on Bricklink for many dollars a piece. I almost forgot this one, but it is possibly the biggest.

I almost got into this with the Emerald Night. I wanted it for the entire 2 years of shelf life. I was sad that it got discontinued at the new years eve 2011, but I fortunately made my first purchase on Bricklink soon later; A sealed Emerald Night from Nannan Zhang (before I discovered his amazing works :laugh: , becoming my favourite Lego artist).

Edited by LiamM32

Series 1-3 CMFs. I only properly started collecting them at Series 4 (only got 2 packets from Series 2 and 2 from Series 3), now the prices for some of the first 3 series figures are ridiculous! :hmpf_bad:

I think I answered this a long time ago, but I don't remember what I put down. But lately I've been seeing more and more pictures of Emerald Night and I only slightly was interested in it when it was available. It has since been discontinued and has quite the high price tag now. So needless to say I'll never pick one up. Hopefully in the future they will make another train that catches my eye. I did buy the Lone Ranger train, so that helps a little bit.

6093-1.jpg?0

Flying Ninja Fortress 6093

6089-1.jpg?0

Stone Tower Bridge 6089

I miss the Ninja sets. Sure we have Ninjago, but it just doesn't cut it 100% for me.

For me, the UCS Millennium Falcon 10179. When it was at $350.00 I hesitate to buy it even at that price because the shipping costs to my country. When I decide later the same day to buy it, on both Amazon and S&H was "sold out" and almost immediately on eBay appears several ones at $1,000.00. Every time I remember what happened... I'm... I just... well... I can't... I... I...

:'(

I've replied to this topic a couple of times before but I really missed out on the Johnny thunder and sherrif sets.

The quintet from the avengers line. Ughhhh. It's all need to complete the avengers team and it has the last Iron Man I need as well...

Figbarfaculsss!!!!

You can still get this set, can you not?

I miss the Ninja sets. Sure we have Ninjago, but it just doesn't cut it 100% for me.

It really pained me for ten years that I'd passed up the Flying Fortress on sale back in the day, but luckily the Ninja sets haven't gone so far up in price on the aftermarket, for whatever reason. As long as you don't care about MISB, you can get a Flying Fortress for around $100 on Bricklink in the US; once you add on shipping, it'll only come to about $20 or $30 more total than the set sold for originally. Not a bad deal for such a lovely set, if you've been wanting it.

At the moment, it's that 41999 set. I mean, it's still available and there are still some resellers of that set at somewhat affordable prices (but still ridiculous). At the moment, really just trying to find a place with the smallest markup. Not one for Technic sets, was iffy on this set, but the aesthetics of the set IMHO are quite a bit better than the 9398 4x4 Crawler. What really sold me on this set was seeing its capabilities on Youtube videos how it climbs terrains very impressively. Sure the 9398 does exactly the same thing, but it's not as pretty of a set.

Emerald Night :cry_sad: I had it twice in my arms in different Lego stores, and both times I made wrong decision -- next time :wacko: well, on the third visit it was gone...

Imperial Flagship and the clone wars AT-OT set that I saw in LEGOLAND Windsors store just before its disappearance, looking back now, I wish I had purchased it

When this friend of mine was offering the MISB Green Grocer for $70, he was getting rid of stuff he had, but back then I wasn't too interested in the modulars... :cry_sad:

Once, I chose a PlayStation over some sets for my birthday.

Among the sets I rejected was 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins

250px-5986-1.jpg

I can't say I regret choosing the console, but damn... Adventurers is one my favorite themes ever :sadnew:

Edited by Robert8

For me its all the Roman soldier CMF figures, particularly the one with the rectangular shield.

You might be able to find someone selling or trading for reasonable prices in the CMF trading thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum.

I just recently missed out on the Haunted Mansion. I didn't get it as it always seemed a bit pricey, and if I'm spending that much I'd rather get a modular. Yes, it was seemingly gone in October, but over this past weekend it was listed on US S@H as "call for availability," and was even discounted by $20, and I thought "it's a sign," but I still didn't have that kind of money to splurge this soon after Christmas. The day after I saw it, I got a refund check for overpaying a medical bill... it was quite a lot... a LOT more than the cost of set, but by then it was sold out.