Artifex

What's the one set that really pains you for NOT buying it?

The Lego Shuttlecraft that was canned just recently. The big one.

I tried to buy it about a week after it was canned. :(

I'd say the huge Falcon but realistically I had no money or job or anything but school so I can "forgive" myself for not buying it (wasn't even back to Lego yet but I wanted it).

Too many damned sets. The entire modular line. Many of the CMF. So many other things.

I came out of my dark ages right as both Fantasy Castle and the Pirates 2009 lines were being phased out and put on clearance, and I regret not buying all the sets I could get my hands on from those two lines. But I still wasn't sure how much I wanted to invest in my newfound LEGO interest, nor was I at that point inclined to collect two different themes...

I've later managed to aquire most of the Pirates 2009 line while sadly only having secured a few of the Fantasy Castle sets, with Drawbridge Attack being the biggest set.

In more recent times, I regret not getting the PoTC London Escape set on clearance when I bought the two ships. I'm not quite sure what it is about that set, but it oddly intrigues me.

The one that hurts is 10200. It slipped by me for whatever reason and seeing its going price makes me sad in the wallet. If I bought that me, I'd have to miss out on a lot of awesome current stuff.

There isn't a set I regret for not buying. It could've been the Tower Bridge because I really wanted it but didn't have room to place it (and if I buy a set for display I really want to build it). I bought this set about a month ago and it's still in the box. I'm glad I've bought it for the original price (well, even a bit cheaper) and could get it before it won't be produced anymore.

Currently I have the same problem with the Horizon Express. I don't think the price isn't really a thing but I think just one set isn't enough. I fels like the train isn't complete while two sets would make a complete train but the price will also be twice as much. Decissions decissions...

Modulars and the recetn Space Shuttle. I also regretted not buying the 4841 Hogwarts Express... Until I found it a few weeks ago in my store at 20% off retail price - like Christmas come early :grin:

Looking waaaay back I wish I had gotten the Cargo Center from 1984- as a teenager I was a rabid bargain hunter, but never found one of these on sale. I am also kicking myself for never ordering the Town Bank, but fortunately I was able to build one out of my spare parts, minus the stickers. Last year I was lucky enough to find the armored van on eBay, so it is nearly complete.

More recently I missed out on the Limo and Helicopter set from 2010. I saw it only once, at the LEGO Store.

A few UCS sets have slipped by me as well- Snowspeeder, Y-Wing and Maul Bust come to mind, and I really, really hate thinking about that Millennium Falcon I will probably never have!

Emerald Night takes the cake for me. What a beautiful set. I really hope TLG releases a nice period train again; I may get the new Lone Ranger set as a weak substitute (to be fair, having a full track and nice figures / figure accessories make it stronger) but I will always regret having let my own embarrassment keep me from LEGO during that period.

I still feel weird leaving the LEGO shop with bags of goodies, but if I had the Emerald Night in tow, I wouldn't even care! :wub:

I wish I could answer that there was just one :cry_sad:.

Unfortunately so many...

• Grand Carousel
  • UCS Millenium Falcon
  • Cargo Train Deluxe
  • Tower Crane
  • Town Plan (10184)
  • Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) GP-38 Locomotive
  • Diesel Shunter Locomotive
  • Holiday Train
  • Remote Controlled Signal 12v (7860)
  • AT-AT
  • Santa Fe Super Chief
  • Steam Engine (7750)

Sorry to not answer your question, but I had trouble even narrowing it to a top twelve.

:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

LLL

batman 1 and i had the oppurtinity to pick up the crossover track at a good price.

The 1999 castles. My mum refused to buy them for me because they were too expensive. I really, really wanted an awesome castle. Those where the best I think. I still want to get those sets, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. The biggest set I had until I was 15 was the 6907 Sonic Stinger. I loved that toy. My mum got it me for Christmas, then decided it wasn't a good idea because I liked it far too much and it was a boys toy (she always had a thing about me playing with boys toys, who cares?)

I think I feel worse about the Quasar Saber and Transdaggers from the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy line. I held both in my hands in Toys R Us once. Only once. My mum refused to buy them, I begged her. She caved a week later and went back. They where gone. For some reason they only got one shipment and nowhere else was selling them. I still haven't managed to buy either.

I'd say...

- The Indiana Jones sets. I wanted to get some of them at the time but I was a student and I didn't have too much money to spend on LEGO. Now they're all rather pricey. :sceptic:

- The Fantasy Era battle packs

- Hagrid's Hut (4738)

- The Tumbler - Joker's Ice Cream Surprise

- Vampire's Crypt (Studios)

If I have to pick one, I think I'd go with the Tumbler. The prices for this set are now insanely high.

Edited by Elrond

Is that a trick / test comment? :tongue:

1999 seems to be the first 'gap' in the line of castle sets since 1982.

LLL

lol I don't know the eact year, I just remember they where out when I was around 10/11. I just looked it up, I was a year out, it was the 2000 castles that I liked, so I would have been 11. I do remember going to Legoland one year, my mum said I could get a castle and couldn't find one. All they had was that football stuff. I was really upset and got a gameboy game that sucked and an awesome king keyring that vanished years ago.

I always wanted the 8459 Pneumatic Front End Loader since the first time I saw it in some small Technic brochure years ago. However I think the new 8265 Front Loader looks much better, being mostly studless, I'd rather have that one.

I do remember going to Legoland one year, my mum said I could get a castle and couldn't find one. All they had was that football stuff.

:cry_sad: ...that would have sucked.

Cute castle though....would you still consider getting one?

LLL

I do remember going to Legoland one year, my mum said I could get a castle and couldn't find one. All they had was that football stuff.

Oh, my! I can feel your frustration!

:cry_sad: ...that would have sucked.

Cute castle though....would you still consider getting one?

LLL

I dunno, maybe in the future. I still want an awesome older castle. I don't like the newer ones so much, they just aren't as fun and because they aren't built on a base, they lack the dungeons etc the old ones used to have.

I came out of my dark ages right as both Fantasy Castle and the Pirates 2009 lines were being phased out and put on clearance, and I regret not buying all the sets I could get my hands on from those two lines. But I still wasn't sure how much I wanted to invest in my newfound LEGO interest, nor was I at that point inclined to collect two different themes...

I've later managed to aquire most of the Pirates 2009 line while sadly only having secured a few of the Fantasy Castle sets, with Drawbridge Attack being the biggest set.

In more recent times, I regret not getting the PoTC London Escape set on clearance when I bought the two ships. I'm not quite sure what it is about that set, but it oddly intrigues me.

Somewhat similar in that I got out of my dark-ages when I got Vader's Tie Advanced and also the 2009 pirate ship Brickbeard's Bounty on clearance. I guess I've been fortunate in that a number of the sets people have mentioned they regret I have...I've become a hoarder of Lego I think...I've got like 70 something sets I haven't opened because I keep getting stuff on sale as well as not having the room to build them...

Anyways, I guess one set I wish I got was the Grand Carousel. It ended production probably just as I got out of my dark age. I missed out on Taj Mahal and the Imperial Shuttle, both I was somewhat interested but at the moment I don't feel like it pains me though there's a chance in the future it will (particularly the Imperial Shuttle).

Shrieking Shack from the Harry Potter line back back in the mid-to-late 2000s when I see pictures always seemed like a cool looking set, been interested to see how it's like.