Izzy

LEGO in Film & TV: Index of Appearances

On the Simpsons tonight, Lisa went into a Blockko store, and there were references to Pharoh's Quest and Alien Conquest. "We do the imagining for you.", says the salesperson.

Clip:

6711260131_9da5b370a2_z.jpg

Is it just me or does anyone else think there's an AFOL on the writing staff? that's two LEGO jokes this year - and packed with quite a few AFOLesque imagery...

Credit to Ricecracker again for the heads up!

PS: I think Kaliphlin needs a "Dust Palace"

Robot Chicken has another Lego parody that essentially mocks how Lego is unrealistic.

Quite hilarious.

-Omi

I love it all :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clip:

Is it just me or does anyone else think there's an AFOL on the writing staff? that's two LEGO jokes this year - and packed with quite a few AFOLesque imagery...

Credit to Ricecracker again for the heads up!

PS: I think Kaliphlin needs a "Dust Palace"

That dragon and Spaceman look rather familiar. Your suspicions may be correct. Do you remember what the other joke was?

That dragon and Spaceman look rather familiar. Your suspicions may be correct. Do you remember what the other joke was?

Yeah there are a few other pretty funny things around the store - definitely an someone that knows their LEGO.

You mean other jokes in the video? or the previous one? The link is like 7 post before my last one ;)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34724&view=findpost&p=1141353

Yeah there are a few other pretty funny things around the store - definitely an someone that knows their LEGO.

You mean other jokes in the video? or the previous one? The link is like 7 post before my last one ;)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34724&view=findpost&p=1141353

I wouldn't doubt that there is an AFOL on staff there. We are everywhere.

Very funny indeed.

I know this is quite the bump...

On Saturday the 21st, on National Geographic "Ultimate Factories" is doing another LEGO one.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, will be setting the DVR when I get home from work today!

This one's from the TV show Community. Omar waxes nostalgic and asks "what happened with Legos?"

In the crime thriller The Next Three Days, Russell Crowe's kid is building something with Lego while they visit his mother in prison and she asks him what he's building, but she gets the silent treatment from him.

post-2028-132799939794.jpg

Kinda makes me wonder if Lego pieces could be used to break out of prison. :tongue:

Also, on the animated sketch show MAD, they made a parody of Lego on a list of banned toys called "LECTRO".

post-2028-132800123054.jpg

Not really Movie or TV, but this is a song they're playing here on Belgian radio stations.

It's a song called "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran, he is a British singer/songwriter.

Niels

Edited by nielsv

Also, on the animated sketch show MAD, they made a parody of Lego on a list of banned toys called "LECTRO".

post-2028-132800123054.jpg

Boy, and we thought LEGO prices were bad. :tongue:

In the movie Chronicle (2012), there is a scene where the guys are testing out their new powers on LEGO, and one makes a Seattle Space Needle? (correct me if I'm wrong) out of multicoloured bricks.

On Friday, in Blue Bloods, there was the City set (number is escaping me..) yellow/white sea plane mail carrier on the coffee table. I believe the a red engine train was too.

There is an ad for Murdoch College (private school here in Western Australia) that features a bunch of different bricks being used to build the school's logo.

Cant find a copy of the ad on YouTube though.

My first commissioned build was recently featured on TV. It was built for a show called 'The L.A. Complex', which airs on MuchMusic every Tuesday at 9 PM (EST), and was shown in last night's episode. It appears for about 15 seconds in clip 1 of 5 at around 2:45. Link to clip.

6844614949_c4bea8ea4f_z.jpg

The build was of a gate from Rashomon, some 1950s Japanese movie, and as you'll see in the clip the two guys are making a brickfilm about it.

Definitely not an amazing build, but considering I had about 3 weeks to plan it (in LDD at that, since I don't have the bricks to plan something that large in brick), I think it turned out ok.

The pic was taken by the Props-master (the guy I built it for) on the set, since I didn't have time to get good pics myself.

Not really Movie or TV, but this is a song they're playing here on Belgian radio stations.

It's a song called "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran, he is a British singer/songwriter.

Niels

I thought it was Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) at first... :tongue: But a pretty relaxed song btw.

I thought it was Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) at first... :tongue: But a pretty relaxed song btw.

That's because it is Grint. :wink:

Then why is his name Ed Sheeran... :wacko:

-Sci

Ah I get it now... Grint is the first guy we see in the video, but Sheeran is actually the last one. :sweet:

The title of the song suggests there might be LEGO within, and indeed Rupert Grint (surprisingly) plays with both the Helicopter from 5866 Rotor Rescue, and what looks like to me the Country Cottage from 5771 Hillside House.

Niels

Sorry mate, but beat you to it! :tongue:

There was even discussion back in October about Rupert Grint's appearance, too. :grin:

(Media tags removed to reduce post size)

Then why is his name Ed Sheeran... :wacko:

-Sci

I suppose because it's his song? I don't know who Ed Sheeran is, but Grint is in the video.

The Battle of Helm's Deep and some Friends sets were previewed on the Today show today, and the clip is here. :classic:

Earlier this morning BBC's Top Gear's host James May featured Lego on his other show 'James May's Toy Stories. He is now a proud owner of a house made out of 3 million "Eighter's", as he calls them. Lego also made it's appearance featured on two separate shows. NatGeo's Taboo, and, I believe, 'My Strange Addiction' on TLC, features a gent who lives his life outside of the real world, as a baby. Not my way of having an addiction or reason to build, but to each his own default_classic.gif

It wasn't shown, but once again on the Big Bang Theory Sheldon mentioned "Star Wars LEGOs". I'm wondering when/if he'll mention and/or showcase the Superheroes line, it's right up his alley.

It wasn't shown, but once again on the Big Bang Theory Sheldon mentioned "Star Wars LEGOs". I'm wondering when/if he'll mention and/or showcase the Superheroes line, it's right up his alley.

One of the producers must be a lego enthusiast! My guess is he probably will... 'Green lantern's latern'. :laugh: