Sign in to follow this  
casewindu

anybody like tintin?

i think that many of you like tintin especially those who live in Belgium (if there is any of you here)

and i just thought to start up a tintin topic because he is great and we can all share our views on him.

do anybody collect the tintin atlas cars for example i'l post a pic soon! :-D

I went to the exibition with yoda at the Centre Pompidou last friday, so yep, i like Tintin, even though I'm not a "Tintinologue" :-X (doesn't that sound waaaaaaaay better than Sw-geek or Lego freak? :-P ); and nope, not a collector either... can't afford to be one really... :-X :-X :-X still, got lots of Tintin stuff hanging in my house ... *sweet*

I'm not a big fan, but I have some of the albums.

When I was younger I used to watch the TV series based on the albums.

I feel like kiku:

I always liked the comics but I wouldn't consider myself a fan.

In Germany he is called "Tim" and the series in general is called "Tim und Struppi", focussing on Tintin and his dog in the title. My girlfriend likes that series very much, by the way.

(....)

by the way, Picasso's principle can also be found in the world of comic books. Herg

so they finally agreed: Spielberg will be making a Tintin film, even though it took them about 25 years to close the deal... :-| the official reason for that is that Herg

I like tintin, but I am not a collector. I like the books, and there was a documentary about Herge on a while ago on BBC 3 a while ago.

Tintin was one of my childhood heros!

I've got all of Herge's original twenty something - maybe thirty something - Tintin books. Unfortunately they're not in terribly good condition, having been manhandled by me as a seven year old.

What the hell is Tintin?

BaAAhhhHHHH!!!

*Flees from thread*

What the hell is Tintin?

BaAAhhhHHHH!!!

*Flees from thread*

i will pretend you didn't say that oo7! :-(

he is this reporter (who never does any reporting) who goes around stopping thugs, drug dealers and thiefs.

he has a quiff and a little dog called snowy who is constantly getting drunk.

his friends are a sea captain, haddock, a deaf proffersor, calculous, and 2 stupid scotland yard detectives, thompson and tomson who are supposed to be tintins friends but are constantly trying to arrest him!

i cant be bothered explaining any more so go on this site:

tintin site

happy reading!

michael

Funny I missed this topic. It's my nickname my wife's given me some time ago X-D

so you like it then ? :-/ nobody else seems to like it as much as me! :-)

well i never really liked him when i was kid... we had lots of other comics here so i didn't collect this series. I only got interested in tintin when i started to write comics of my own (which is almost a national hobby in Belgium), and whenever you go and look for writing/drawing techniques, you'll end up with the entire Tintin series. so my fascination for tintin is more like an appreciation for the genius behind it

I read a few comics when I was a kid but haven't read any since then. I don't dislike it, I just don't care much about it, either. I don't think it was that popular here, then again I wasn't into comics that much.

I too think they're great. *sweet* I have every one, except three issues which I still can't find. |-/

I too think they're great. *sweet* I have every one, except three issues which I still can't find. |-/

i never got the comics only the books and i have the dvds of the ones on tv. i also collect the model cars from the books! ;-)

I used to love TinTin when I was a kid. There's a really awesome limited edition boxed set in HMV right now, with all of the cartoon series which I've been meaning to buy for a while. Might need to get around to doing so!

just read that Dreamworks will be producing 3 Tintin films, one directed by Spielberg, another by Peter Jackson, and a third still to be determined! It's going to be created in a revolutionary digital 3D format that, still according to "Variety", astounded a small audiance after seeing a 20 minute tintin film that's already been produced.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

what a nice day *sweet* , first master *yoda* provides me with two awsome MM reviews and now this... *wub*

just read that Dreamworks will be producing 3 Tintin films, one directed by Spielberg, another by Peter Jackson, and a third still to be determined! It's going to be created in a revolutionary digital 3D format that, still according to "Variety", astounded a small audiance after seeing a 20 minute tintin film that's already been produced.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

what a nice day *sweet* , first master *yoda* provides me with two awsome MM reviews and now this... *wub*

Where did you read this? Any links?

As for me, I love the Tintin series. Got all the albums. :-P

I've always liked Tintin (read all the books repetitively as a kid) but no collection to speak of...

God Bless,

Nathan