Gunner

[LDD MOC] Azure Angel vs. Ginivex Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well, here's my entry for the Clone Wars Community Build. The original Clone Wars cartoon was what got me into Star Wars, so it will always be special to me.

8669299454_d40832805f_z.jpg

First, we have Anakin Skywalker's heavily modified Delta-7 Starfighter, the Azure Angel. I always liked the design of the ship.

8668199187_70890bcf60_z.jpg

Replicate the stripes was a pain., but I think I've done the best that could be make digitally, given the limitations of LDD. With real bricks, custom stripes would be more accurate.

8669301192_293e36fc21_z.jpg

The overall shape is based in my standart Delta-7 Starfighter, yet to be revealed (possibly my next entry). It's inspired on the designs by seniorgronk and ADHO15.

Next, Asajj Ventress' Ginivex-class starfighter. This is my second version of the ship.

8669298772_bb98a8b6e1_z.jpg

In 2011, I've made the fighter based in its TCW appearance (http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=54000). Now, I made it closer to the original cartoon. I think it looks way better, just like its show. The fan design is based in Joel.Baker's, but mine does not fold yet (maybe in the next version ?).

8669298134_d454b4ccd7_z.jpg

Other views. The fan is really thick, but I wanted symmetry on the sides.

The minifigs:

8669517854_8ecee5acea_z.jpg

Anakin is the one to be released in the Gunship later this year, but with different face and hair. The headgear is based on the AotC and RotS. Ventress is based in EU and CW appearance (never really liked the white eyes, so changed a bit).

8669300244_8b5744905c_z.jpg

The space battle of Muunilinst. The starfighters will have their topics soon.

Thanks for reading. Hope you liked. C&C are welcomed. More pictures in Flickr.

Gunner

Wow! That looks really great! It almost looks like an official set. I can see you have put much effort into this!

I'm hoping too see your other MOCs too!

Keep building!

While I am absolutely no fan of the Clone Wars, I love these fighters :wub:

While I like the SNOTness of the Azure Angel, the Ginivex is really stunning. :wub_drool:

Wow! I loved the cartoon and this is great! I love the minifgs! Great work! :thumbup:

I've always liked the statfighter with those big engines, and yours looks really great. Ventress' fighter looks fantastic with the color and I thought the ship looks kind of bizarre, but so does she. And I also appreciate your Clone Wars figs not having clone wars faces. They look really good like that.

Edited by Only Sinner

Excellent creation and a fantastic addition to the CB! :thumbup:

The Azure Angel also happens to be my favorite "model" of the Delta-7 starfighter. I think you captured it nicely in bricks, seeing as the design is very unique and streamlined.

Wow, they look great!

I'm working on an Azure angel myself which should be ready at the end of May; it'll have plate-wings instead of this one with brick-wings, although I do like the looks of this version with bricks :-)

I take it the trans-red-dome is Photoshopped?

I'm working on an Azure angel myself which should be ready at the end of May; it'll have plate-wings instead of this one with brick-wings, although I do like the looks of this version with bricks :-)

I thought this did have plate wings.

Nope- it appears to be done with LDD2Pov-Ray.

Great design and render, by the way.

I really like Clone Wars, and the ships are very well done. Great job ! :thumbup:

The minifigs are beautiful too. :wub:

Edited by Courleciel

What really stands out to me is that in building the Azure Angel, you not only were able to make a terrific SNOTed model within the constraints of LDD (No small feat in itself, I know, speaking from experience.), but you appear to have been able to compact the design compared to the average model of the Delta-7! :thumbup: And then there's the Fanblade, which is awesome as well. I know the ARC Gunship has drawn the most attention among MOCs from the original Clone Wars series, but these two fighters are popular models as well, and more difficult to build in my opinion, and you've done a great job.

By the way, in addition to the beautiful renders, I love how you imitated the animation style of space battles from the series with those two edited photos. :wub:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

[...] And I also appreciate your Clone Wars figs not having clone wars faces. They look really good like that.

Thank you. I hate the clone wars faces, too. Now that the show has ended, I hope TLC re-releases most TCW figs in regular style for the PT.

Wow, they look great!

Thanks. Looking forward to see your Azure Angel, especially your solutions for the stripes! The ships were made in LDD and rendered with LDD to POV-Ray, as hjmediastudios said. Did you honestly think it was a real model? Thanks to Martin Hronský, for this amazing tool!

What really stands out to me is that in building the Azure Angel, you not only were able to make a terrific SNOTed model within the constraints of LDD (No small feat in itself, I know, speaking from experience.), but you appear to have been able to compact the design compared to the average model of the Delta-7! :thumbup: And then there's the Fanblade, which is awesome as well. I know the ARC Gunship has drawn the most attention among MOCs from the original Clone Wars series, but these two fighters are popular models as well, and more difficult to build in my opinion, and you've done a great job.

By the way, in addition to the beautiful renders, I love how you imitated the animation style of space battles from the series with those two edited photos. :wub:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for blogging, Brickdoctor! I actually considered building an ARC gunship! But then decided to modify a Delta-7 I've created, and remake my Ginivex (because the old one was TCW, kinda ugly and disproportionate). Glad you liked the photos; more pictures like those coming soon!

Gunner

Well done on your superb attempt at this, I really love the work on Anakin's starfighter, especially the SNOT work used on the wings!

I also love your redesigned Ventress, only if you released decals for it :drool:

Once again like said multiple times above you really put effort in this to make it look like a real set!

Thanks. Looking forward to see your Azure Angel, especially your solutions for the stripes! The ships were made in LDD and rendered with LDD to POV-Ray, as hjmediastudios said. Did you honestly think it was a real model? Thanks to Martin Hronský, for this amazing tool!

Bizarrely, I did...

I really need to get into this POV-Ray stuff; as I build all my models in Ldraw first, I think that sometimes the digital version comes out better in pictures than the 'real' thing...

Your models are amazing :thumbup: I'm tending to like the Jedi starfighter a bit more, but once I look at the Ginivex, I'm not so sure anymore. The Delta looks more detailed than the Ginivex, which looks more simple and straightforward.

Gunner, why don't you post this on cuusoo? I would atleast like to see this as an official Lego set!

Amazing!!! I love anything based on the original clone wars series, and yours is truly amazing, and your rendering looks almost real.

At first I was like, whats so special? He just put 2 ships that TLG made and photo shopped them to be fighting. GREAT job of the stripes on Ani's ship... Looks great