gallery_8966_235_3881.png

0sml.jpg

Full pictures can be found here:

Well, after around 4 months on and off this is just about finished bar ironing out some elctrical problems with the interior lights.

I've been wanting to build this for years and the front end has always stopped me. I'd like to say I'm happy with this version,..."happy enough on the compromise" is what I will state! Its not exactly what I had in mind when I set out and is the gappiest front end I think I've ever produced, but parts vs colour has resulted in this compromise.

It features working front and rear lamps, interior carriage lights and close couplings.

I'll go more in depth on these when I get a bit more time as there are many "IFs and BUTS" with them, but they work on this as intended.

Link to proto:

http://www.ehattons....tockDetail.aspx

Very very nice detailes! Would like to see it driving through curves, seems like you put a lot efford to get the coupling as close as possible but still functionel...

Like I said on Flickr, I'm seriously impressed by the ends - the way you've achieved that curvature is incredible! And the stickers look fabulous. The whole thing is great.

Fills me with the awe I recall from seeing my first model trainsets as a boy .... breathtaking :wub_drool:

Well done.

Especially like the rounded transition of the roof wher blue meets grey.

LLL

Absolutely wonderful. I had only just finished looking at your pictures of your Blue Pullman on Flickr before logging on here at Eurobricks and I must say I'm very deeply impressed with the way you've built a MOC of this difficult prototype.

Wow, amazing! When I look at your pictures I see so many details and clever ideas. You bet I steal some of your techniques. :P

So long

Brick Pirate

It looks really nice and lots of detail. Just what have you used for the handles on the carriage doors? Any videos of it running?

Thank you all for the great comments :) After investing so much time and effort into something like this (and yes I got sick of rebuilding it so many times!), along with being unsure about the front end, its very nice to get feedback like this.

For those of you asking to see it running, within the Flickr link I provided are a few videos, however, I have today added a couple more of the finished model running, again on my Flickr stream. (being snowed in has its perks at times!)

The door handle parts (I would provide a link if Bricklink wasnt currently down at this moment in time)I can only describe as the classic space 1x2 modified plates, with a bar either side....the parts that were used on the front ends of all the classic space ships.

Obviously I do this day in and day out for work, yet as a way to relax in my downtime (if I'm away from my partner), I do it more!...go figure! So, when I had the freetime and I just couldnt face going back to this build, as there was so much testing involved and choice making) I started another project, well 2 actually. This is certainly the year of the diesel for me, building the ones I've been wanting to for years, so the next pair of famous twins are within a few weeks of completion now once I get a few more parts ordered....there will be more ;)

The door handle parts (I would provide a link if Bricklink wasnt currently down at this moment in time)I can only describe as the classic space 1x2 modified plates, with a bar either side....the parts that were used on the front ends of all the classic space ships.

That explains the part next to the doors, (I assume you mean this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3839a ), but I was wondering about the teeny tiny door handles.

Thinking about it, I'm guessing now they are minifig utensil hammers and pick axes ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=6246b & http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30193 ) ?